Ibex

as in Presbyterian Church in America
Female
Writer
Novelist
Poet!
Reader
Ambivert or something
Band nerd + Drum Major
Planet Earth nerd
etc, etc
Joined September 10, 2019

Sometimes I tell stories. Most of the time I rattle my soul until I break and my heart spills out onto the page.

"I cannot jump the distance. You'll have to toss me!"--Gimli, LOTR

I am a complete nerd. I got the Ring of Power for my birthday.

Book recommendations:
The Oath--Frank E. Peretti
Lord of the Rings--J.R.R. Tolkien

Song recommendation: "Awake" by Beckah Shae

I'm going to meet the King someday!
And I'm super pumped!

trustworthy

5

this heart is a jar of clay / brittle and breaking after so many years / after so many years spent on this earth / i know no human hand can have this heart and not drop it / my heart doesn’t hold much now / fill it too high and it cracks / snaps / spills itself down the cliffs in a waterfall / drowns splinters of relationships in raindrops / why befriend a jar of clay / humanity discovers how shallow these veins really are / and throws me off the cliff / watches me shatter below / and leaves me to pick up the shards / this heart is broken and barely mended / even time doesn’t heal anything after all / i hold myself back now / lock myself away and toss away the key / because not a single human is trustworthy enough to have me / and i'm not trustworthy to have them after all this sin

but there is one / i hear / who can hold this heart and never drop it / who doesn’t leave me to die when i shatter / who pieces me together and mends my broken soul / is this a truth or is this a lie / is this a fantasy or a reality / am i dreaming of someone who has never lived or am i speaking of someone i already know / yes / i see truth now / truth that floats up this river of pain against the current to find me / and you leave the ninety-nine for the one / just as you left your crown to don human skin and save the sinner / deity veiled in our frailty / why why why why why / why save sinners when we deserve to be thrust into hell / all my relationships have failed in betrayal and i find myself alone now / but there is one who i know will never fail / and i know you hold my heart in your hands / and nothing can tear us apart / over all these years i have learned one thing / you are the only trustworthy Savior / and you can remove all this sin

• July 20, 2020 - 9:31am (Now Viewing)