The Moving Finger Writes

This is no longer the place for me.
Goodbye, my friends.

Remember a time when your dreams were still worth dreaming of.

Write free, my friends.

...And Having Writ, Moves On

20
In February of 2017, at the young age of just 13, I wrote a poem. “Melody”, I called it. And I have to say, looking back, it wasn’t very good at all. But it was the beginning of my writing, my friendships, my passion. It was the beginning. 

I didn’t want to keep this little creation to myself. No, I wanted the whole world to see it. And where better to do that than the Internet? Off to Google I went, and not long after, I found a little site called, you guessed it, Write the World. I made an account, put up my poem, and waited. 

That piece only got 2 likes, and no comments. I was disappointed, but I kept at it, publishing piece after piece and improving bit by bit. WtW became my haven, a place to spill sadness, excitement, anything, and the members of the community would feel them with me. 

I made friends. An overwhelming number of them are no longer active, members of a bygone era that no one remembers: Quille, Mary Wall, RNE. 

I watched members rise - (Anha, Dmoral, Christy Wisdom) and fall (SomeFormOfWriting, the Corner Writing Club). I became a part of a community that was never the same for longer than a few days, that stood up for what it believed in and shared pieces of themselves at every turn. 

Somewhere in the midst of the “write free” era, I dropped a hiatus message and left quietly with no idea of when I’d be returning. I could’ve been gone forever. But my writing called, the community called, and I returned in August of 2019 under the name “The Moving Finger Writes”. I’d be more professional this time, more precise and careful. And I was. 

For three and a half years I’ve been a part of this world. While it hasn’t always been pleasant, it’s certainly been memorable, and now it’s time for me to go. 

I’ll miss this site, its community and adventures I’ve had. Perhaps I’ll drop in to like or comment occasionally, but I won’t be posting. 

And with that, Early out. 
Goodbye, Write the World. 
And thank you for everything.

• July 19, 2020 - 1:07am (Now Viewing)

• Dmoral

Ooo i miss read that my bad-thanks!
    and yay! catch ya on the flippity flip then! ;)

• Dmoral

awwwwww :( thanks for "watching me fall"? i suppose & i'm heartbroken i missed out on your work 'cause i never realized you changed your user. hopefully, you're still active elsewhere? wishing you the best~

• avoiding the big bang

goodbye! as someone who's also been on write the world for forever and watched you grow as a writer, i'm sad to see you go, but i'm glad we can still communicate through prose.

Bye Early! Wish you the best !

• Christy Wisdom

i'm sorry to hear that you're leaving, Early. It's been a pleasure having you here :)

goodbye. i'm really gonna miss your presence and your lovely pieces around here, but at least you're on prose :)