Maryam Q

Malaysia

15-year-old Muslim homeschooler. Yes I have friends.

Obsessed with LOTR, Narnia, Poirot, ASOUE, horses, tea, cats, books, you (;P), and everything blue.

The impossible could not have happened, therefore the impossible must be possible in spite of appearances - Agatha Christie

You can never get a cup of tea large enough or a book long enough to suit me - C.S. Lewis

That's what this war is all about, my friend. It's about which of us is the crazier. And clearly you British have an advantage. You were crazy beforehand - Michael Morpurgo

If writers wrote as carelessly as some people talk, then adhasdh asdglaseuyt[bn[ pasdlgkhasdfasdf - Daniel Handler

What greater gift than the love of a cat - Charles Dickens

Writing Streak Week 1 Day 3

8
Everything that went RIGHT this year.

1 - Same sex marriage legalised in Costa Rica.

2 - Italians singing from their balconies (is it just me or is that the most Italian thing ever).

3 - All the art and poems and stories that were created thanks to being stuck at home.

4 - Second person to ever be cured of HIV.

5 - The world is closer than ever.

6 - My sister got second in a public contest.

7 - The fireworks at the beginning of the year. Did you see them?

8 - All the people who were born this year.

9 - Air pollution is getting better.

10 - #BlackLivesMatter is raising awareness.

11 - My grandmother is starting a YouTube channel. 

12 - Knives Out was added to Netflix. Watch it if you haven't.

13 - Animals are coming back to the cities!

14 - You're alive.

15 - This 90-year-old veteran amputee dude went skydiving because how else are you supposed to celebrate your birthday.

16 - All the strength and love that is around us now.

17 - CEOs of delivery services, sanitiser, face masks, and toilet paper are probably doing very well. 

18 - That cat that said 'Well hi!' on Instagram.

19 - Two of my family members got married in quarantine.

20 - That guy who bought some stuff and made a mini supermarket at home so his grandmother could go "shopping" (aw).

It's the little things that keep us going.

• July 15, 2020 - 7:50pm (Now Viewing)

• Jasmine khawar

It left me with a positive feeling :).... I don't know why but, 14 one made me laugh. But I know why you wrote 14 one.....

this is so warm and lovely, although I'm not sure if 8 is good, considering the hellfire of a year 2020 has been so far hahah.
    (11 is the cutest)

• Samina

After seeing this my mouth's corner turned quickly. Thanks for the long lost smile :)

• Ahsan Nizaam

is it just me or did anyone reading it get a warm happy feeling?

• ~wildflower~

This was such a great idea! So simple but uplifting! Whoa - your grandmothers starting a YouTube channel??! That’s amazing!! (I would love to check it out... !) Thanks for this - it made me smile :)