elliem

Apparently, I'm 17
Come to my feed for free hugs :)
Somebody run through castle ruins at midnight with me

Acting
Dancing
Singing
Ravenclaw/Hufflepuff
Petrichor
Soft girl/Dark academia mix
Virgo
ENFJ

WtW pixie

Hopefully, you do at least one of these (so I don't feel completely alone lol.) I hope you're having a good day!

Writing Streak Week 1 Day 2: 12 Signs You're a Writer

20
Twelve Signs You're a Writer

1: You want to start new projects before finishing previous ones
    2: You *strive* for that aesthetic
    3: You envy those writers with big vocabularies and constantly research random pretty words to strike inspiration
    4: You wonder where your sanity could have gone
    5: You feel like screaming at your computer when it's lost your one thousand words of progress
    6: You often get hit over the head with the dreaded writer's block
    7: You're constantly running poetry/story ideas through your head
    8: You spend more time thinking about writing than actually writing
    9: You look at the writing of other WtWers wistfully and wish you could be as talented
    10: You get in the zone then read your writing over and realize it's AWFUL OH MY GOSH
    11: You've used the words "petrichor", "crepuscular", and/or "serendipitous" multiple times
    12: You start to treat your characters like real people and forget they're fictional

• July 18, 2020 - 9:00pm (Now Viewing)

• Dmoral

#4 hit me omg

oh god 5 has never happened to me but i once came really close to closing a tab without saving the work and it gave me a heart attack. these are all so relatable!

• Cressida

I relate too much to this... especially number one. I have literally never finished a single project that wasn't poetry. Well, except short stories. Oh, and I definitely relate to number nine. Like, how can y'all be so talented? Frankly, it's insane.
    Also, pretty positive I just used crepuscular in a recent poem and feel slightly attacked by that :)

this is the definition of accurate lol

• Coolgirl2020

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA! YESSSS! I HAVE EXPERIENCED ALL OF THIS EXCEPT FOR THE ELEVENTH ONE!! XD

Relplying: It usually happens to the documents I don't open very often. So if I'm writing constantly on one, the other ones lose their titles. As for the head banging, it's kind of how I think. Either that or closing my eyes and making up dreams before I sleep.

How I relate:

1. So true. I have like 15 unfinished works on google docs that I just come back to every now and then
    2. Relate. Can't finish a piece without a certain aesthetic
    3. Funny story. In my english class, every day one students comes with a word that we all have to learn and write down. Today was my turn, and I spent legit all of last week searching for the perfect word. I settled on 'Inure'.
    4. I don't think I ever had any
    5. My google docs has a weird thing of renaming stuff from the title back to 'untitled document', so every three days I have to gocthrough each document and rename it, only for the name to be lost again.
    6. I think I have physically banged my head against the wall more than once because of writers block.
    7. 'Always' (Harry Potter reference!)
    8. So true. For every idea I actually get to working on, I have at least five others in my head.
    9. I think I've spent a good amout of time sulking over the fact that I've been here for nine months and am yet to be as good as people who've been here for three weeks.
    10. Especially for fan-fictions. I write three chapters and then realise all the characters are OOC, so I have to write it again
    11. Actually, not much. I prefer simple language in writing, but love learning new words
    12. So true. I still mourn each and every death I have read, and if the particular character is one of my favourite's, and it's their birthday, I will get up in the morning and scream 'Happy birthday!'

• spurtsofdarkness

also, i've never used petrichor so that's a win i guess :)

• Halopoet

I relate to every single one of these especially envying other writers.

um um um I feel very called out by 9

• spurtsofdarkness

3, 9, and 10? my life in points. great job <3

• The Midnight One

Oh goodness, this is very accurate :D I feel as if you've read my thought processes :D Wonderful piece!

• nanalanii

Serendipity do be my favorite word tho :') I do be having to restrain myself from using it every two sentences :'))) Thank you for being a Mood

Oh Ellie you hit the nail on the head with this one

• HelpMe512

Ok but 1 and 12 though... How are you literally reading my mind? Awesome piece!