HelpMe512

Ace
He/Him
Transphobes stay out
Joined September 2019
My inbox is always open if you want to talk:
okRiver512@gmail.com

"If I wait 'til my tomorrow comes, is the waiting all I've ever done?"
-Ben Platt

"It's alright, it's okay. You're not a monster just human and you made a few mistakes,"
-It's Alright by Mother Mother

"One page of the bible isn't worth a life,"
-The Village by Wrabel

"I thought you had me in prison this whole time, but I'm the one holding the key,"
-Intro III by NF

"A hundred bad days makes a hundred good stories and a hundred good stories makes me interesting at parties,"
-100 Bad Days by AJR

If you have any other song lyrics to put on the quote board shoot me a comment and I'll gladly put them on!

and that's on being the therapist friend

15

there was a person who was kind. they would comfort their friend when she was in need, and they would always be ready with a hug and an uplifting statement. they would fight for that friend. they would die for her. they made sure she was never lonely, and that she always had someone that would listen.

but they never talked about what they've been through. they never answer the question how are you? truthfully. they never show their struggles or let their friend help because what kind of a friend would they be if they burdened her? they let their friend believe everything was fine because their answer was always "i'm fine."

but how would they know the exact advice to give? how would they know what words soothe or when she needed a hug? they knew because they are the one they wish they had. but they didn't, so the decided to become the lifeline for someone else. but what they lack is a lifeline themself. they knew because their struggles are beyond sadness and breakups. they knew because they grew up too fast.

i knew because i've experienced heartbreak, and grief, and pain. i don't want her to experience that too.
lowercase intentional.
sometimes the ones that seem the most okay are actually the ones that just need a hug

1

• Westley

I can relate to this. I'm there for everyone, but no one was there for me.

• ava09

this is meeeeee haha so i definitely relate. sending hugs <3 but this is so true and honestly heartbreaking and your writing is amazing as always. love this.

• Maya'sTired

I loved the switch from second to first person; it makes for good punctuation. Also, "what kind of friend would they be if they burdened her?" broke my heart. I know the feeling