Emi

Child of God
American
Patriot
Diecisiete
Ravenclaw
Rider of the Rohirrim
Narnian
Prydain
District 12
Chef
Gardener
Writer
Artist
Seamstress
Homeschooler
Romantic
Nerd
Archer
Rifler

"And even when you think you're finished, it's not over yet," for KING & COUNTRY, "It's not Over yet"
"All of my dirt, all of my shame drowned in the streams that've made me born again," Jordan Feliz, "The River."
"Scars come with livin,' you are not alone," TobyMac, "Scars (Come With Livin')"
"I might bend but I won't break, I'll fight the elements," TobyMac "The Elements."
"Stand tall but above it all, fix my eyes on You," for KING & COUNTRY, "Fix My Eyes"
"Run wild, live free, love strong, you and me," for KING & COUNTRY "Run Wild."
"One by one we will call for a ceasefire...one by one, reaching out to our enemies" for KING & COUNTRY, "Ceasefire."
Currently reading Dubliners by James Joyce

Waiting

Tapping fingers on a math textbook, staring at the clock and grumbling about her mother's rule; she blinks at the tall, lanky boy, wondering what's there that she hasn't seen before; corralling muddled thoughts back into calculus; he smiles and laughs—not your prince charming laugh, more of a donkey bray, but she loves it; looking at derivatives but seeing only his name, not numbers; he crouches beside her in the mud as their eyes search the playing field for her brother, and she feels more comfortable beside him than she's ever felt with any other boy; little tears drop from her squinting eyes onto the math paper as she wonders what the future holds; he tells her to email him while she's in college; she smiles sweetly to herself as she writes down calculations while awaiting his reply; she listens, enraptured, to his excited voice as he tells her about his new job; the battered math textbook is still there, reminding her of her mother's words—"marry a college boy, marry a rich boy;" when she returns for the summer, he's there, grinning at her like they're old friends; the withered textbook pages tell her she's growing up, when he wants to stay a child, friends; she goes back to college and cries because she thinks he'll never understand; the math textbook loses some pages as she rips them out in a fury; he calls, and something's changed in his tone—it's gentler; the textbook's taped together, and she writes her name and his in it, in a fit of romanticism; she's back again, and this time he's stumbling over his words and making himself look so silly she wonders if he's realized it too; the math textbook carries dust, for she has more time to be out with him these afternoons than study; he's always sweet and attentive, the boy she's always loved, even if he isn't rich; the textbook is forgotten; he asks her one evening as they sit by the river, and of course she says yes, but asks him why ever did he take so long; the textbook goes into the attic and nobody sees it again, for her mother's words are gone; they are married on a bright spring day, with baby's breath woven into her dark locks and a smile making her plain face more beautiful than the sun, even to her mother, who despite her skepticism has been waiting long enough for her daughter to marry. 

Hii! I wrote more to my story! Ugh i might be getting so annoying but thank you for your support!

• Rachaelgrace

This is completely and absolutely lovely. I adore it <3

Hey!! I wrote more to my story! It would be amazing if you could take a look!!
    ALSO check the footnotes!!

ahhh i loved this. so cool. i wish i hadn;t missed this prompt!
    re: thank you! oh, ok. that's really good that you're doing that.

• Zirong

re: thank u (lots of love <3 :3)

Hi! I hope you are well! I added more to my story! It kinda scared me writing it so i hope you enjoy it!!

• Zirong

I love how you used a math textbook in this lovely story!!! The ending is sooooo cute and sweet :)
    re: thank uuu~

• doodleninja

oh my gosh you have no idea how big I smiled at the end. Every single time you deliver on what you say in your "Message from the Writer" and that's why I love your writing. You built up the mini-conflict and tension super well, using the semicolons to your advantage, and then of course, offered up a satisfying ending as well.
    I loved the little story centering around a math textbook, so charming and unique XD

OMG!!! The way you wrote this is SO SO SO good! Wow! The ending made me smile...It was so sweet! :)

• black_and_red_ink

Amazing. And the use of a textbook as a symbol is so original and creative.

I'M OBSESSED