journal.scribbles

(formerly best at procrastinating)

Asian American, Leo, Slytherclaw, INTP-T, loyal band kid (get away, ye vile string instruments!), and dancer - but mostly just a bookmark-hoarding, procrastinating perfectionist.

This was written too quickly so don’t mind any terrible word choice

I'm republishing this because it's still just as important, if not more important, to wear a mask. It is NOT a political statement! Please just wear a mask! They save lives.

Ode to the Mask

12
Thank you mask, for all that you do
Please ignore all of your haters
Yes, you’re a bit uncomfortable
But we’ll all be grateful later

You shield my smiles and mouthed curses
And that stubborn pimple under my lip
You save my mints from saving my breath
And you easily move when I need a sip

But mask, most importantly, you keep us healthy
So I’m ashamed that people are taking sides
Nothing will ever stop me from wearing you
Not my discomfort and especially not my pride

Please wear a mask. We’re in this pandemic together, and we need each other to get out of it. I hereby vow to wear a mask if I go out in public. Please make the vow by commenting and spread the message to wear a mask!

1

• LindytheRavenclaw

re: I turn 14 in a few months, so I'll keep you updated lol. I like ranting ;)

• LindytheRavenclaw

re: ExUsce me I though I was the reason you started it in the first place! XD no lol my mom didn't even let me finish the first season.... FIVE IS AMAZING, Ben is amazing, and I really think Klaus should get a better rap cause I would be a druggie too if the dead was screaming at me all the time!

• LindytheRavenclaw

Re: I KNOOOOOW! who's your favorite character? (No season two spoilers though XD) I'm so glad I affected someone in a positive manner lol

• madeline3.14159

Yes yes yes!!!! People don't remember how worried everyone was when there was a mask shortage and now they won't wear them at all. Just doesn't make sense.

• Wisp

YES! You tell them girl! Gosh, it's so important to wear a mask, and it makes me so livid sometimes to walk outside and not seeing others doing the same. Because masks aren't just pieces of cloth, they're a statement you wear that says you care.