Landofstories

she/her | aquarius
~avid dreamer~
[ INTP-T \ Gryffindor & Slytherin \ Amity ]
i'm a friend you don't know yet :)
come say hi!
❣❣❣❣❣❣

excited to know what you think!

Write the World

19
I stumbled upon this site a fortnight ago. 
I came looking for a contest.
Instead, I found a community. 

People were sharing stories that I laughed and cried at. 
People were so accepting of each other. 
People from all over the world.
People of different races, genders, sexual orientation: 
 everyone was different

But we all shared one thing in common:
we all had a passion for writing.

I wanted to be a part of this community. So I immersed myself. 

I am not very confident about my work.
So when my mouse hovered over the publish button,
I hesitated. 

Who would want to read my writing, 
let alone like it? 
I had asked myself in horror.
Was I even considering this idea? 

I decided to take the jump. 

When I came back I found that someone had actually liked my piece!
With the biggest grin on my face 
I knew nothing could bring me down. 

Not even my angry parents who disregarded everything I did. 
No one. 
Nothing. 
It was like walking on a cloud. 

It was just the start. 
Someone welcomed me onto the site. 
Another left a positive comment.

In the end, my heart soared,
it was such a small thing
But it brought me happiness. 

Take the jump. 
I love this place so much! I think I found something new to obsess over!!!!!! 

• July 13, 2020 - 2:17pm (Now Viewing)

• Bhavya's Treasure

Re: There are all kinds of people in this world. :)
    Thank you for visiting and finding the prompt interesting. :D

I also feel the same way about WtW! It's best for young writers. <3

• black_and_red_ink

Replying: Hey thanks for asking. Being a CA means I can write prompts for the site, write exemplars for the prompts and that I'm comitted to writing a certain number of reviews and comments every week. It's a lot of fun. If you're interested, I think WtW looks for new CAs every year. They'll have an announcement when they're looking for new CAs. You should definitely apply if you're interested.

• Dmoral

Replying: lowercase prose can actually be found in other places, however, i personally think it's harder to find. it's more with our generation/the "younger" one with you will. anyone, there's no "basics" really, perhaps just the "how to avoid capitalizing the first letter of your piece on WTW" which can be found with the link at the bottom of this comment. anyway, lowercase letters work a lot with poetry but it's a choice. some people just do lowercase because everyone else does it and others do it because they believe it enhances the piece. it's really about when you use it. when you think it's best/appreciate in your piece. think about it like this: lowercase prose is unconventional, so use it in your unconventional pieces.
    hope this helps, though it's slightly hard to explain. if you have further questions or just want to reply, please comment here:
    https://bit.ly/346L7BB

• Jasmine khawar

I was also searching for a competition, instead I found a community! I joined this April and I love this community, and I'm glad you're enjoying!

• Halopoet

Hey im Halopoet, i joined in march of this year but i have grown to know quite alot about this site, so you can always ask for help, reviews or advice. I hope you enjoy your time here with us

• The Happy Hamster

I'm a little late, but HI!!!! I'm new here too. I've found so many wonderful people here, and a great writing community. The guidelines for competitions can be a bit testing, but in the end, it's always just fun to post your pieces.

• black_and_red_ink

I am so happy that you are enjoying your time on WtW :)

• poetri

welcome! you can call me riley. i know everyone else has gotten to this before me but again, if you ever need anything just ask! we'd be happy to help.

Welcome to WtW! I've been here since late october 2019, so don't be afraid to ask questions. Quite similar to you, I'm a member of the younger half, a complete amateur (Did I even spell that right?) and a huge (I mean huge, check my posts) Harry Potter fan. WtW is somewhere you can improve your writing skills, I know I have, make friends and have fun. Once again, feel free to ask me any questions!

-SunV

• ava09

welcomeeeee!! so glad you’re here and everyone’s basically said it all already but don’t feel afraid to ask for help and keep posting pieces! the nervousness will dissipate quickly i promise. :)

aw welcome to wtw!! you seem like a very sweet, lovely person and I hope you find this site helpful. just a note that the community is a little bit different/quiet due to new restrictions rn, but hopefully it'll blow over. and if you ever need anything, don't be afraid to hop on over to my profile and comment on one of *my* pieces, so I get the notification!
    (First tip: WtW doesn't have a reply feature, so if you want to reply to someone else's comment, go to one of *their* non serious writing pieces and type replying: before :)

Here's a guide by our queen dmoral to start you off:
    https://bit.ly/346L7BB

welcome, dear! things are a bit quiet here ever since a crisis went down a couple days ago, but i hope you enjoy your stay. come to me if you need anything!

• EliathRose

Hey, welcome to WtW! I'm sure it sounds like a broken record by now, but seriously, if you ever have any questions or need something reviewed, I'm happy to jump to the occasion for you!

I'm a little late to the welcome party, but WELCOME!!! I'm a bit newer, too, so I understand the feelings of insecurity well. Like, do I really belong here, in a place where everyone seems so talented and I'm just... writing for fun? let me just say, the answer is yes. I'm very glad you are here, and I love your writing. Thanks for posting!!!! <3

also I'm a really hard core percy jackson and greek mythology fan lol

hiii,I'm butterfly(not allowed to say my real name)
    Welcome to WtW!!! I hope you enjoy it here.I know it's a bit scary at first but you'll feel comfortable in no time.Everyone here is really kind and talented!If you ever need help with anything don't feel shy to comment on one of my pieces!:)

• amaryllis

Welcome! :) I know it's hard at first to put yourself out there, but this is a writing community where we really support one another 100%. Can't wait to see what else you put out there, and if you ever have any issues, questions, or want a peer review, just lmk!

• ect.13

I've only been on the site for a few months, and I completely agree with you! It's an amazing community and everyone is so supportive (not to mention fantastic writers!). This is a great piece!

• Just_A_Memory

I'm so glad that you joined us! You really add to the community. I admit, it is hard at first, but you get more confident the more you post x3

I'm a little late, but welcome, and can't to see what you create! If you ever need anything, or have a question, feel free to comment on one of my pieces and I'll be sure to get back to you!

Best of luck, and happy wishes,

J.A.M