Ibex

as in Presbyterian Church in America
Female
Writer
Novelist
Poet!
Reader
Ambivert or something
Band nerd + Drum Major
Planet Earth nerd
etc, etc
Joined September 10, 2019

Sometimes I tell stories. Most of the time I rattle my soul until I break and my heart spills out onto the page.

"I cannot jump the distance. You'll have to toss me!"--Gimli, LOTR

I am a complete nerd. I got the Ring of Power for my birthday.

Book recommendations:
The Oath--Frank E. Peretti
Lord of the Rings--J.R.R. Tolkien

Song recommendation: "Awake" by Beckah Shae

I'm going to meet the King someday!
And I'm super pumped!

Writing Streak Week 1, Day 1

1

6 Fears
  1. A day may come when all these freedoms we so cherish fade from before our eyes, and we are left grasping for the last threads of hope, picking up these shattered shards of the glass we once called liberty.
  2. A day may come when all our friends vanish over the horizon, to the north, south, east, and west, when we are left utterly alone in the swamp, crying out but unheard over the snap of our own broken bones, dead and dying without anyone to comfort us.
  3. A day may come when life hurts, our hearts break, and our tears fall in vain upon the desert ground, when pain swirls around us, when we stumble and fall into this darkened pit we call evil.
  4. A day may come when our guilt overrides us, when we look back upon our lives and only see shame, when we look up at the night sky and wonder why we're here, and if there is any purpose to our lives at all.
  5. A day may come when our memories fail us, and our minds stagger about blindly, forgetting everything we ever knew and more, locked in the last stages of our bitter end.
  6. A day may come when we find ourselves surrounded by our enemies rather than our allies, our paper lungs heaving and our cracked hearts aching, and we take our last shuddering breath as they jeer at us.
But in all this, one thing is certain: "Neither death nor life, nor angels nor rulers, nor things present nor things to come, nor powers, nor height, nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God in Christ Jesus our Lord" (Romans 8:38-39). The stars may fall, the sun may turn to ash, and the moon may bleed red. But, no matter what this life brings to us, we are held in the palm of His hand, for now and for all eternity. And nothing can separate us from his love.
To all my Christian brothers and sisters: Never lose hope. No matter what this world throws at you, you can never be taken out of His hand. You are His for now and for all eternity. And that, I think, is very comforting.

• July 13, 2020 - 3:44pm (Now Viewing)