Dmoral

est. 2018
she/her | junior
current read: the goldfinch
published writer + linguistics lover.
an aspiring novelist & a classics enthusiast.

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH, LESBIAN QUEEN & HER MISTRESS

THE QUEEN'S LOVER, DON'T TELL THE KING YOU KNOW ABOUT HER OR YOU'LL FACE SOMETHING FAR WORSE THAN AN EXECUTION | edited

17
Cecilia sits on the garden bench surrounded white flowers unknown to her, their petals soft beneath her curious fingers as she allows her thoughts to wander far past the kingdom where she currently resides. And behind her approaches Queen Carolina, who stops several feet away to admire her.

Yes, Queen Carolina gazed at her lover. Cecilia's petite frame-that was faced toward the flowers, unaware of Queen Carolina's presence- was hidden under a grey dress and white apron, that was too drastically dull for her complexion. Shaking her head, Queen Carolina's eyes moved toward Cecilia's auburn hair pinned tightly in a bun, yearning to run her fingers through the softness of it, as she would do, in the ancient summers of their youth.

"I know you're there," Cecilia smirked, turning slowly to face her. Her pale blue eyes that looked questionably grey, held Queen Carolina's dark, tender brown ones.

"You look beautiful," Queen Carolina breathed, making her way to sit beside her.

Cecilia snorted, shaking her head.

"These servant clothes are hideous, my boots are caked in mud, and I just overcame a sickness that left me abnormally pale."

Once she finished arranging her skirts, Queen Carolina reached out and laced her fingers through Cecilia's, noticing the tones of their skin were so drastically different when beside each other. In response to her touch, Cecilia's closed her eyes, embracing the vanilla smell wrapping itself around her.

"I haven't seen you since the last full moon," Queen Carolina mumbled, dropping her gaze to their hands. "And you look more beautiful every time I do get a chance to glance at you."

Cecilia could feel Queen Carolina's eyes fall to her lips once she finished speaking, making her smile. Yes, the Queen's desire always radiated off of her in waves that only Cecilia was attuned to. 

"Perhaps we finally run off together?" Cecilia murmured, tilted her head toward the sun, feeling the rays dance across her face.

Queen Carolina allowed herself to be distracted as she gazed upon Cecilia, as small freckles appeared across her nose in a light sprinkle. Unbecoming thoughts tinted with illegal desires consumed Queen Carolina's minds, overpowering her better judgment. Slipping her hands from Cecilia's, Queen Carolina ripped the pins from her bun and threw them in the rose bushes behind them. Then, she ran her fingers through the soft curls, as she longed to do so minutes ago.

Cecilia let out a groan, as her eyes snapped open.

"That is not an answer, Care," Cecilia breathed, eyes sparkling. "Though I love what you're thinking."

"You know, I," She started, eyes flashes, killing Cecilia's hopeful smirk. "I can't. The country ne-"

"Needs you, I know," Cecilia snapped, jumping up. "And the King would find us anyway and hang me and hurt you and I know!"

A strand of hair lingered on Queen Carolina's fingers, broken off from when Cecilia stood up. Creating a fist around it, Queen Carolina looked up toward Cecilia, who had returned to facing the white flowers she stared at when Queen Carolina came.

"Their chrysanthemums, I planted them for you. They represent devoted love and loyalty."

"Flowers don't make our loving any easier," Cecilia sighed, turning around. "I'm leaving the castle tonight, so I'm running away, with or without you. Because loving you in secret is slowly killing me."

A bucket hit the ground, the water hitting the pavement loudly, causing Queen Carolina and Cecilia to both turn around in sync. 

There stood a stable boy, merely ten years their junior, who they would soon find out, heard everything.
Word Count: 594
Shout out to my WTW girliefriend chrysanthemums&ink who's written 2 pieces abut me, the type of flowers mentioned in this--this one's for you! Also, mini shout out to BurningMidnightOil who was super excited for this piece when I told her it was in the works, lol. 

Feedback appreciated!

• And_The_Stars_Laughed

Wow, wow, this is so good and so sad and painful at the same time! You've written a really spectacular piece, and that last line really got me!! I can't wait to go read part two now because that was how I stumbled upon this to begin with. :)

• books4life

amazing!!!!

• ava09

oh my oh my oh my oh my holy crapppppp this is incredibly painful and amazing and beautiful (also i really want to find out what happens next) and your writing is stunning as always. i love it! <3

• BirdofPrey

OMG. AMAZINGGGGG!!! I need spam accounts to like this over and over!!!

• Ahsan Nizaam

This is painful! And I love this piece for that.

I WISH YOU COULD LIKE SOMETHING MORE THAN ONCE BECAUSE I WOULD JUST BE SITTING HERE PRESSING THAT BUTTON LIKE MY LIFE DEPENDED ON IT. Seriously, THIS IS SO GOOD!!!! And GAYYYYYYYYYYYYYY. <3 <3 <3 ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

do u know that battery vine thing? lemme repeat it real quick:
    aah. aaAh. aaaaaAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHH-
    *wringing hands* i'm not ok i'm not ok i'm not ok i'M NOT OKAY-
    the beautiful tragedy of this? have i ever mentioned that your prose is just.... effortlessly beautiful???? it's like running my hands through a gently flowing stream. simply a pleasure to read, seriously. and the stable boy :"(, the tragedy ;-;, the CHRYSANTHEMUMS TT. just love love LOVE this because god, cecilia is just described so beautifully in the beginning and her personality is so tenacious and it's clear that Queen Carolina absolutely adores her, so when the cecilia reveals that she just can't take it anymore, it's absolutely heartbreaking. the stable boy at the ending just twisted the knife ;-;. Queen i-

• black_and_red_ink

Omg the line "I'm running away, with or without you. Because loving you in secret is slowly killing me" is so sad :(( . I got so emotional reading this. And the ending with the stable boy finding out :( . This is a wonderful piece but I am hoping that if you continue this story, it will have a happy ending for the queen and her lover.