Anne Blackwood

16
Theatre kid
Singer (soprano)
Poet
Twin (fraternal)
Spoonie
Disfusive
Highly Sensitive Person
Living oxymoron
Kindness Krusader: Blueberry cotton candy
XXFJ, Melancholic-Sanguine, ambivert

Joined 1/16/20

I don't think the title quite matches the piece...

simple beauties

16

truffula trees reaching their soft tufts up through your imagination
a blanket cocooning you with the gentle sound of a guitar strumming
the quiet of the night without the darkness
giggles while you twirl in the middle of the schoolyard
the moment you see the person who loves your shadows away
a moment tacked up on the turquoise wall in your bedroom
the splash of a stream hidden in a magnificent wood
puddles reflecting the dawn of a brighter day
I have been wanting to write this for eleven freaking days. I came up with a few of these descriptions after reading Vinter Vejen's wonderful piece, Of Legends / You / and then hit a block for what to write them into until now. Listening to Something People Say by Rachel Wammack for the first 27 times and Slow Down Hometown by Brandon Ratcliff while writing this probably helped as well. Seriously, go read that piece and listen to that song; they're so beautiful.

• July 13, 2020 - 6:07pm (Now Viewing)

• black_and_red_ink

how beautiful. "The person who loves your shadows away" was my favourite line.

• bellairet

It's so pretty! My favorite is the line about a moment tacked up onto a bedroom wall.

• birthdaycandles

as soon as I read “truffula trees” I clicked in to read this right away because I watched “The Lorax” film yesterday for the hundredth time and the trees in that film are called truffulas! I’m glad I did read the whole piece because it carries such beautiful words, well done :)

This is so sweet and full of beauty! I like the line "giggles while you twirl in the middle of the schoolyard" best; it reminds me of some old-fashioned one-room schoolhouse.

I would quote my favourite lines but I cant.i am overwhelmed by the beauty you painted.
    actually I can.
    "the quiet of the night without the darkness" so ...can't find the word.
    "the moment you see the person who loves your shadows away
    a moment tacked up on the turquoise wall in your bedroom" wow this "scene " I guess is so beautiful and like serene,maybe it's because I have a great imagination, just kidding lol.But really what I see when I read it is WOW
    umm also I love truffala trees ,like I just want to touch and then eat them lol

• Jasmine khawar

Wonderful and beautiful ! I love the piece and its title

• elliem

Woah. This is so gorgeous, Anne! It almost feels like a flashback or vision or something. Lovely, lovely work. <3