Emi

Child of God
American
Patriot
Diecisiete
Ravenclaw
Rider of the Rohirrim
Narnian
Prydain
District 12
Chef
Gardener
Writer
Artist
Seamstress
Homeschooler
Romantic
Nerd
Archer
Rifler

"And even when you think you're finished, it's not over yet," for KING & COUNTRY, "It's not Over yet"
"All of my dirt, all of my shame drowned in the streams that've made me born again," Jordan Feliz, "The River."
"Scars come with livin,' you are not alone," TobyMac, "Scars (Come With Livin')"
"I might bend but I won't break, I'll fight the elements," TobyMac "The Elements."
"Stand tall but above it all, fix my eyes on You," for KING & COUNTRY, "Fix My Eyes"
"Run wild, live free, love strong, you and me," for KING & COUNTRY "Run Wild."
"One by one we will call for a ceasefire...one by one, reaching out to our enemies" for KING & COUNTRY, "Ceasefire."
Currently reading Dubliners by James Joyce

black cats and broomsticks

5
black cats and broomsticks
a cup of cauldron brew
that's how i'm in this fix
running hither wi'out a shoe

a witch.

herbal woman, i'd like to say
never at all occult
perhaps a bit unusual
but 'witch' is such an insult

a witch.

they burned down my house
they skinned and pinned my cat
but they never found me no,
they think i'm transformed to a bat

a witch.

my steps are growing tired
i hear the crowd grow near
while they hear my incantations
all i feel is fear

a witch.

i'm a good christian woman
a midwife, once a mother
won't you listen, won't you hear me?
instead of egging on one another?

a witch.

it's late now, it's dark
and they've got me in the noose
i'm praying, lord forgive them
but please, also, set me loose

a witch.

• Blue Jay

This is very intense, and it tells a very good story. I love how you repeat "A witch" after every stanza, it really adds to the effect.
    Re: I am doing much better now, thank you. I was having a tough time a while ago, but I guess I have just come back to what matters in my life and accepted myself for who I am.

wow. this is intense. speaking of history woven into pieces...
    re: thank you! haha, someone else mentioned hamilton vibes... Napoleon Bonaparte is definitely interesting enough to write a play about, and he's quite famous, although script formatting has just about done me in recently. and i've been having new story ideas. champagne problems is one of my favorite songs from Taylor's new album, evermore! i prefer to listen to the clean version, since Amazon Music offers it on Prime (score!) and there are a few lyric rewrites throughout the album to make it clean, which i like better than just blanking out words. but... i recommend folklore and evermore! such poetry.
    stopping rant now...

• Figwit

Re: That actually makes a lot of sense. I know when I try to say something in Spanish I'll realize half of my sentence was actually Latin. Thankfully, the pronunciation for English, Latin, and Spanish are pretty similar... It's the Welsh that gets me in trouble, lol. Someday I hope to speak fluent Spanish, but those days are a long way off XD.

Oh gosh i love this! ok this gives me a different viewpoint!
    Re- hahah good point there.

• Figwit

Ohh, so sad! Such a powerful reminder of a dark time in our history.
    Re: Yes!! How does learning Spanish, French, and Italian compare to learning German? I know the first three are Romance languages (coming from the Romans, aka Latin), so is it hard to learn one that doesn't stem from that?

Great piece! (It's me, Ollie Octopus, I already deleted my other one)

Thank you for being a great friend to me! All your kind comments bright up my day! Thank you so much! I love all of your writing! Keep on writing! I wish you the best of luck:)

-Ollie Octopus