chrysanthemums&ink

ᴅᴏɴ'ᴛ ᴡᴏʀʀʏ 'ʙᴏᴜᴛ ᴛᴏᴍᴏʀʀᴏᴡ ᴀɴʏᴍᴏʀᴇ.

it's a little quiet.

so this is my sort of 'hello' piece to the new ones out there. hello! sorry, a lot of us have been a bit silent lately *scratches head*. i was talking abt y'all w/ a friend of mine and although i'm not 'inactive' per se, i have been less active due to a lot of my friends on here dropping off the map over here. and ik a ton of new people have popped up since then, so i'm here to say hi. hi! :)

it's a little quiet in paradise

16

muted whispers turn into silent breaths as
daylight sheds its luminescence; she sleeps with one eye open. our ghosts 
peel themselves of her dull iris molt, bursting from a
dastardly pupil, resigning themselves to a single
torn off
lip.

this city stuffs exhales into music boxes and 
steals pain from taut spines, presses
butterfly kisses to the feverish expanse of dying heartbeats and  
holds cold foreheads to her tired chest. her skin smells of
shattered lightbulbs, burned 
ivory paper crumpled into tight
spheres. this city holds a lighter to herself and you 
light it.

no funeral for memories once made, people that have left but not died
only bitter nostalgia. 

you reach towards the future but there's nothing there. 
there's nothing there.  

this city trembles in the silence of the 
daylight hours, clutching those lost conversations to her chest before they
fade away. the sunrise hums indistinctively a morning song. new angels 
fall, with no knowledge of what once was. glistening streetlamps flicker under the intensity of their
sorrowful ignorance. 

it's a little quiet in paradise. 

this city has pushed us away / this city has breathed out its last
free
sigh / 

• July 14, 2020 - 3:34pm (Now Viewing)

• spectral

came back to reread, imagery is divine and you can definitely see how it relates to the theme *keyboard smash* you've donne it again!!

• naomi ling

first of all XUE HUA PIAO PIAO BYE---- also here's to being semi-inactive for the time being: chrys if u or anyone else could keep me updated with anything important in WTW from time to time that would be great :")
    also this is simply beautiful "the sunrise hums indistinctively a morning song. new angels / fall, with no knowledge of what once was. glistening streetlamps flicker under the intensity of their / sorrowful ignorance." WHAATTT

• elliem

Reply: ah thank you Chrys!! Much love <3

• Christy Wisdom

this is so pretty!! I love the beautifully haunting imagery, like the "this city trembles in the silence of the/daylight hours, clutching those lost conversations to her chest before they/fade away." The pacing really sucked me into the piece. *thumbs up*

• løne wølf

*determined to not be stupid* AH YES, HELLO AGAIN CHRYS! There! I got your name right! * y a y * Anyways . . . this is beautiful. "her skin smells of / shattered lightbulbs, burned / ivory paper crumpled into tight / spheres." Amazing as always~ btw, do you have any tips on how to write descriptive poetry? my poems suck and i really need help ;-; thanks girl <3

lol not @ my cameo in the message to readers...XUE HUA PIAO PIAO NOOOO. also, this is my hello to every newbie as well. and “ butterfly kisses to the feverish expanse of dying heartbeats and
    shattered lightbulbs, burned ” made me cry. that was so gorgeous and so, so bitter in its imagery? aaaa

It's sad but soooooo goood!!! Your writing, as always, transports me to a better, brighter world.

also it's really great that you wrote this.Its kind of sad how the newer writers won't get the same experience we did.but we can only try:)

beautiful. "no funeral for memories once made, people that have left but not died
    only bitter nostalgia. "such a strong line with so much meaning and very relatable though it can be in interpreted in different ways.You write it in such a beautiful angelic way!
    "this city stuffs exhales into music boxes" this line is so sad but has this sense of elegance to it.

• Eblinn

Chrys!!! This is gorgeous!
    "our ghosts /peel themselves of her dull iris molt"
    "her skin smells of/ shattered lightbulbs"
    that's just...brilliant (get it? because it's a lightbulb, okay I'll stop)
    seriously, I love the melancholic feeling this piece gives me.
    it is indeed a little quiet in paradise.