purplepanache

United Arab Emirates

to love or to not love

avatar: self portrait as a tehuana by frida kahlo

#giveusbackourwords
(riley, you go girl!)

excuse.

thursdays.

18
gums washed in the youth of chips,
hips sweltering in oversized pants, as ovaries blaze with the throes of womanhood,
i'd wait for thursday to fall like icarus from the clouds,
the november of weeks,

it's only rhetorical that i'd let jupiter storm in my chest and we'd flood the floors
and summer the heat i'd be forced to lip for the rest of the school week, 

before collapsing onto your bed, lulled to sleep by the smell of your hair. 

i try to write a poem about bedroom dancing with my friends, ends up sounding like an orgy :/

p.s thursday is the last working day of the week where i live.

• July 14, 2020 - 10:38pm (Now Viewing)

• mia_:)

aww this might be one of my favs of yours! i love the line "it's only rhetorical that i'd let jupiter storm in my chest," and the part about icarus. geez, purple, you are a serious legend! btw, i'm kinda going to be a bit more active here, so there's that! but, seriously, this poem just makes me want to dance with it! *spins with it around the room* and the first line made me want to eat it. any way you could print this on edible paper and mail it to me? thanks, love <3 :D

• black_and_red_ink

Lol your footnote is so funny. But this is a beautiful poem :) .

• spurtsofdarkness

replying: for sure

this poem makes me really miss the world pre-pandemic when i could hang out with my friends, i miss them so much! "it's only rhetorical that i'd let jupiter storm in my chest and we'd flood the floors/and summer the heat i'd be forced to lip for the rest of the school week" was my favorite line, it has such a thrilling energy. i love this!

• inanutshell

love the icarus reference :) also "the november of weeks" is so accurate haha

• naomi ling

ohhh i love this one (footnotes crack me up). i'm a sucker for references to icarus and this doesn't disappoint

• spurtsofdarkness

Reokying: ugh stupid me sitting in front of my laptop for 6 hours on fridays

• spurtsofdarkness

also, why do y'all have thursday as the last one?!

• Samina

Oh so relatable. Same here, Thursday is the last working day!!!!! I feel so good reading this!

My favorite line is "i'd wait for thursday to fall like icarus from the clouds," it's so descriptive! Awesome poem!

• spurtsofdarkness

I feel like i’m sitting on a couch covered in a blanket :)

• spurtsofdarkness

aahhhh this was so comfortable

• erin!

i laughed at your footnotes, but in all seriousness this reminds me of a sleepover and if beautifully written :')