LindytheDarkRaven (#Spookified)

Homeschooled bibliophile
musical nerd
Aquarius
Currently dating Cedric Diggory
Daughter of Poseidon
Hobbit, unfortunately
WtW convention squad
"A single dream is more powerful than a thousand realities." ~Tolkien

recirculating an ooooooold piece but means a ton

A Definition of Happiness

7
    You visited them often; they were your best friends, your family. But each time, the visits became shorted and more prolonged. You've forgotten what they look like, what they smell like.
    But all of a sudden, you find yourself running your fingers across their names, breathing in that familiar scent, as millions of words surround you, chasing you around them. Number flip past. As you halt from running, you see a familiar shape amongst them. It was one of the people you laughed with, cried with, as they taught you every skill they knew. The shape became clearer, the boy with the lightning scar smiling at you. Grinning back, you take his hand, ready to learn more. 
    After what seemed like just a few moments, he turns back to you, tears in his soft green eyes. You realize with dismay, that he has gotten older. He has a family now. His hand began to slip out of your grasp. Reluctant to let go, you realize what he is trying to tell you. As your eyes start burning with the all-to-familiar promise of tears, he walks further into the distance, only once stopping got gaze back at you. And even though it feels like The Last Goodbye, you have a sharp feeling you'll be seeing each other again, if not soon. Everything fading into mist, you say his name one last time. 
    The name fading away on your lips, a landscape appears, unfamiliar to you. Trees surround, and sounds in the distance tell you that you are not alone. Footsteps run towards you. You fall to the ground, unsure of what is coming. The steps coming closer, the bushes part, and a tall, dark haired teenage girl sees you. You are wary of her bow and arrows, but you let her pull you off the moist ground. She tells you her name, and though you'd never met, she tells you her story. Why she's here, where she comes from, and how she's now got to fight, for everyone, including herself. Her face saddens as she mentions her younger sister, bu then hardens as she mentions the boy. Then you stand up, ready to fight. But then her figure melts away, along with the arena around you.
    Leaving you standing on top of a large building, looking downward into a dark ditch below. Although your heart is pounding in your throat, you jump. At the bottom, a net catches you. Another figure stalks forward, this time a muscular boy. A deadly smirk on his shadowed face, he gives you his hand to help you out. As you reach out to take his hand, his eyes became green again, his hair black, but different from your first friend. He wields a long sword, a trident engraved on the gleaming hilt. Then, for no apparent reason, he laughed, a cheery sound which uplifts you immediately and forces you to laugh back. Eventually, he melts away too, but the lonely feeling of hiraeth is completely gone. 
    when you try to define that feeling, you fail to find the right words. All that comes to mind are the endless memories, and even those you can't define. The dancing in the green, tall grass, with the small-folk, the egging cars with your three best friends, the running of the endless maze. 

Just as before, you find yourself running along their names, only this time, the letters turn into the figures, seeing them clearly now: The Boy Who Lived, The Girl on Fire, The Boy With Four Fears, and The Son of Poseidon. Then come all the others you met along the way: hobbits, cancer patients, Gladers. All of them. Together. Home. You keep running, everything blurring together. Runes, maps, trains, all of these you'll never forget. They form on the tearstained pages. Always, Real, Forever, Okay. They all have one meaning to you.

Happiness.  
Hey guys, I put my soul into this, not unlike Voldermort. I hope you appreciate it, fangirls/boys of the world.

• journal.screams (#Queenie's Halloween)

I love this piece so much! I haven't been reading as much as I'd like to recently, and this was a really nice reminder of why I love it. Such a beautiful and sweet piece.

• beth r.

re: aw that means a lot to me, the Book Thief is one of my favorites!
    Hope you're well!

• Rohan’s Defender

YES FOR THE FAN GIRLING!!!! Thank you thank you thank you for the beautiful HG reference......... *sigh* the message of happiness is so relatable!
    Re: aww thank you! Yes, it’s such a good series. I still think about your sweet shoutout the other day about Peeta (you have no idea how much that means to me!) :)

• beth r.

re: send me that link lol XD

• beth r.

This is so darn beautiful! the footnote tho XD
    um read your description... WtW convention squad?!
    re: jayden says thanks :)
    and yes! someone got the todd reference...

• Wishing on Dandelions

RE: Thanks for welcoming me! Excited to be here. :)