mia_:)

13 || she/her || wtw's resident adoptee :)

let's be friends! :) <3

mochi waffle :D

est. march 5, 2020

i hope that admin doesn't take this down and i hope that they aren't offended by this because they do a lot for us, but this new rule is ridiculous

just a quick note, y'all

27

hi, everyone! hope you're doing well! i've seen a bunch of posts about how angry people are about the new guidelines and i have to agree. the thing that made me stay on this platform was the community and i don't feel like i can get as close to you all without these so-called "social posts." no contests? contests help newer writers break into the community and makes sure that their works are read. they are also really fun to participate in! no appreciations? as in thank you posts, #appreciationposts, etc. i feel so honored to be a part of this community and love thanking you and #appreciationposts are a great way to bond this community and show gratitude to users who have really impacted your experience. no q&a's? q&as help me realize that y'all are actual people! it's hard to imagine your day-to-day lives, but q&a's help me get to know you better and they are super fun! i hope that wtw admin will revise their social post thing, but if it doesn't, know that i am still here for all of you and would love to chat in the comments of your posts about literally anything! i want to get to know you and to build these connections, even if we technically can't anymore. love you all!
xoxo
mia

• July 9, 2020 - 5:16pm (Now Viewing)

• Dmoral

this is what i do~
    if you wanted, if u see newbies, just say "hi welcome to wtw" or something. really that's kinda what i've been doing. i also try to link my tips piece or a helpful guide of any kind in a comment of theirs. ex. https://bit.ly/33YsBOK

but its really up to you what you do :) just be welcoming and kind! (which you are naturally my adoptee)

• Dmoral

just by commenting, you've "joined unofficially" ;)
    and feel free to make a most slightly similar about "why you write", since that's what brought us all to WTW--writing ! also, you're more than welcome to put it in your msg box as i did "part of the (unofficial) wtw welcome committee! *waves*"

• spurtsofdarkness

He, I reviewed 2 of your pieces that you told me to when you won the first position, but since I have no records of the ther pieces, it'll be great if you can comment the remaining three pieces

• jun lei

https://writetheworld.com/groups/1/shared/179289/version/358494 q&a answers! thank you for asking!

Replying: Ooh I'd be thrilled if you did

Replying: I'd like to join, buy I have to find a good time to ask my parents and idk if they'll be okay with it.

Yes yes yes yes yes
    (sorry about the appreciation post :((((((()

• elliem

Thank you for your respectful response to what the admins have done. It really makes me sad that they’ve done this; many people were working on TONS of “social posts” that will never get revealed and all their work will have gone down the drain. Anyway, I’m upset, but I also don’t want to seem disrespectful because I worry that will make them push back more. Thank you for this. Have a good day/night :)

i agree with chrys: i was genuinely looking forward to your appreciation post, and it must be so upsetting to have your hard work restricted before it could have been published at all. this is an odd request, but when you are done making it: could you post it at a time where we’re both active? i’d like to screenshot it and at least see what you have to say, and of course after you decide to take it down i would still have it in my photos. just an odd request, no pressure at all! i second every single word of this as well. thank you for being so polite. <3

Ack, I know you’ve been working on an appreciation post for awhile now and I’m so disappointed and angry that these guidelines were passed before your hard work could be honored. Thank you for giving your opinion on this so kindly! :)

• A Rose

they are gonna take this down :)) but it's great so viva la revolution

• Chloe :) <3

Super important!

I second every single word of this.

I totally agree.also thank you for writing this peacefully because too much anger is not going to help anyone and will just make others angry.
    The social posts on this site really were what made me feel part of a friendly community and not just a strange site.And I agree ,interacting makes you feel that everyone is real,building friendships is really what makes a community. Appreciation and thank you's are always needed to give recognition to unknown writers and show how we all appreciate eachother.Wonderfully said darling mia,I will always be here to talk too<3