Elizabeth Lewis

Hi guys! I am a teenage Christian girl who loves to write, read, sing and act! I love Broadway and the Keeper of the Lost Cities Series by Shannon Messenger! And I love Jesus! Soli Deo Gloria! --- "to God be the Glory!"

Hello! May I please have feedback about what I could do better with my writing? Thank you so much for taking the time to review my writing! (Rev. 21:4)

A Letter to the Grandmother That I Have Never Met

Dear Mrs. Stewart,

I will never understand why you gave me a stamp set on my fifth birthday. But even though I don't understand why you gave me the stamps, I am still thankful for them. I had a whole bag of animal stamps and letter stamps and shape stamps. And even though I had all those stamps, I loved your stamps and was excited and amazed to have received them. Thank you.
      I will never understand what you put my mother through. I don't know why you left her to buy the things she need. I don't know why you made her eat the mac-and-cheese that she made with too much pepper. I don't know why you just gave her school books and told her to teach herself. But I forgive you. And I'm sure my mom does too. 
    I will never understand why you seemed to hate my father. I know your own parents divorced, and I know that was something no one should go through. I am so sorry that you had to go through that. But there is hope. I still don't know why you seemed to hate my father. My mom is the happiest she'd ever been in her life with him. I hope you got to feel that happiness when you first married my grandfather. And if you didn't, I'm so sorry. But there is hope. 
    I want you to know that God loves you. 
    The Lord knew your name before the beginning of time. The Lord loved you before the beginning of time. And he still loves you. Even though you put my mother through what you put her through. Imagine inviting a criminal who's killed thousands into your home to live with you. You feed him and provide him a roof over his head. Now imagine that your beloved child was one of the thousands he killed. And yet you still feed him and provide a roof over his head. That is what God did. The human race is the murderer you invite into your home. Jesus is God's Son, your dead child in the story. And you represent God in this sort of parable. Even if you aren't a Christian, God still loves you. Even if you hate God, He still never stop loving you. No matter what, you can't stop God from loving you. 

I will never understand why you sent me a stamp set on my fifth birthday.
    I will never understand what you put my mother through.
    I will never understand why you seemed to hate my father.
    But I want you to know that God loves you. 

Thank you for reading this, 
Your granddaughter, 
Amelia

P.S. Jesus rose from the dead and saved you and me from being eternally separated from God :). Hardly a way to end a letter, but it would be unthinkable to exclude it from the letter. Especially since it's part of the gospel ;)
I had to change the names of the writer and receiver to protect their privacy. Thank you so much for reading my writing!

Love love love

• Ibex

Beautiful piece. Very well written.
    BTW, just noticed that you have Revelation 21:4 as "message from writer", which is hilarious because my message is the exact same verse. (*Follows*)