happy butterfly

South Africa

14
poet
swimmer
reader
a shy people's person
wtw's official little sister:)
special wtw sister to anne blackwood<3

"it's time to sing something for no other reason than to feel my voice"~Anne Blackwood

"so rearrange the world and perhaps you'll find your celebration of humanity" ~Dmoral
if you're a newbie or haven't gotton to know me yet,come say hello please! :) don't be shy:)

go read Spectral's work, i look up to her poetry so much it's just so beautiful and i can't believe it's real.

utopia

17
drink in lamp black skies / no our lungs will not darken / they'll be filled with all the stars / that drag tourists out from beds that they paid to sleep in /

roasted potatoes eaten from the pan / salty fingers grab history books from wooden shelves / unforgettable smile / sacred / prisms can't unfold the spectrum of your heart

feed the fireplace / sparks fly into your howlite blue eyes / golden flecks dance in the broken skies that were laid into those diamonds

• July 12, 2020 - 4:44am (Now Viewing)

• V-Rose

Chapter 11 of Death's Tales is here.

• birthdaycandles

about what I CAN write* ah typos!

• birthdaycandles

replying: thank you so so much for your comment girl! yeah it’s good I have a summer job now because it gives me time to go and get more inspiration about what I can’t write about next rather than sitting at home lol

also, love how descriptive this piece is, honestly your phrasing has my heart!! <3

Replying: Thank you so much sweetheart!! You're so kind. Congrats on your 92! <3

replying: thank you so much, my dearest! your comment was so so kind—it touched me on a bad day. you’re always so sweet and reassuring. wtw wouldn’t be the same without you, our favorite encouraging little sister. love ya! thank u so much <3

• poetri

Hello, dear! Thank you ever so much for the encouragement and of course I remember you :)
    I'm glad I was able to speak up for the community, I'm glad you appreciated it. I want to tell you that it's totally okay to be daunted by tasks like those, but in the end what it comes down to is this: who will do it, if not you? So, if you do choose to speak out, know that no matter what happens, I back you 100%. And if you stay quiet, I back that too. Loudness isn't for everyone <3
    Thank you for being such a sweet, lovely, and positive presence here!
    All the best <3

• ek503

Gorgeous descriptions! I love the line "golden flecks dance in the broken skies that were laid into those diamonds".

• inanutshell

woah this is beautiful! esp the first stanza, "they'll be filled with all the stars / that drag tourists out from beds that they paid to sleep in", also a really apt title!

• Wicked!

This is so beautiful! I especially love "they'll be filled with all the stars / that drag tourists out from beds that they paid to sleep in" and "prisms can't unfold the spectrum of your heart,' although I think that in the latter, 'no prism can' would work better than simply 'prisms.'

• AminahMcBina

This is so beautiful, I'm at a loss for words.

• Anlee

beautiful imagery <33

There's something so mysterious yet familiar about this