sunny.v

she/her | asian
wtw community’s official older sister
running off into the sunset with circe
est. april 27, 2020

swordwielding protector of all minority groups
satire sorceress, lady knight

she clasps peonies, allure, & love

vent piece

unrelated but if u can’t tell i’ve been unsatisfied with all my pieces lately well.

living alone/with a roommate when i’m older seems...so lovely

live long enough to see someday

24

early morning sun-streaks on your fluttering lashes /
raise a shot glass to autonomy /
your house will keep silent, save your bare feet on the tiles /
heat up last night’s takeout for brunch and /
do a one-legged dance in front of the microwave /
someday, you will walk into your living room full of
familiar faces and you will not feel that tears
are letting them win /
nor are they a loss for you /
you will sit on your backyard porch in the chilly afternoon 
and count the stars just because you wanted to /
you might open the blinds in the evening for some friends /
they will be as happy to be with you as you are for them /
the “found family” trope in literature /
mm yes i indulge in reading it quite a bit, what about it? /
well you know it’s a salve salve salve, baby /
but someday, something’s got to give /
you might watch hotel del luna on your ipad at midnight /
might study your patio’s stains, could get lost in what you’ll write /
you will take trips to IKEA for modern dining room decor /
your roommate might pick a clear flower vase for the cart /
and you’ve never bought your own furniture before /

why are you out here whispering with the moths? it’s freezing /
i lived long enough to have this /

so let me have it /
someday / just a house of your own

the microwave dance is a real thing i do. and the found family trope...yeah. it’s nice.

• July 9, 2020 - 11:07am (Now Viewing)

• Landofstories

Hey! You're such a great author! Thanks for welcoming me! If you don't mind me asking what crisis went down? I've been hearing things, about people leaving etc so I was kind of confused.

• Jasmine khawar

This is so wonderful, it's really satisfying to read and I felt positive after reading this.....

• birthdaycandles

replying: awh thanks sunny! I know these guideline changes have been problematic for a lot of people, personally I haven’t had any issues with pieces being taken down etc, but it is difficult I understand. Yes, I now have a summer job woooo! Less time for being a goof and writing though :( but it gives me a bit of pocket money and my colleagues are super nice so I’m enjoying it!
    Ps this piece is so so gorgeous, you’re such a talented writer!

Hey sunny.v, saw your comment! Loved Poetri's piece. I'm fairly new here.

• spurtsofdarkness

Reolying: ugh ikr, i loved appreciations :(

• Hazen

This is so...ethereal. I read it an extra time to see if I couldn't put it to music.

• erin!

replying: sunny you are so sweet, wtw is lucky to have you. i hope these guidelines don't stop us from building a community.

• A Rose

hey Sunny! I'm headin off WTW bc these bans have me freaked. But I really enjoyed talking to you!!!! You should consider getting Prose at some point :) I'm Hazel Tkach on there, if you ever join :))

replying: oh it's a pleasure, I'm so glad you feel better.*gasps* your encouraging little sister? *is honored* thank you ! ilysm

• Tho Nguyen

Replying: Woah, you've only had your WtW for 2.5 months? You have 55 poems :0 I hope you're doing well among all this chaos, in the real world and online.

Replying: Yep, a storm is right. I saw the new announcement while I was out and about and jeez when I got the chance to sit down and look at the dashboard... I don't really blame anybody. And I guess I did warn about the Q & A's a while back.

• Tho Nguyen

replying: Thanks, Sunny! I appreciate the new tip. When I read the new announcement I actually got really sad - I'm a fetus WtW-er and I can't even imagine how hard it is for long-established WtW-ers like you! Hopefully the administrators lift the ban.

• spectral

replying: okay, thanks for the advice! will do.

hey, due to recent events i just wanted to ask if you have a prose account, or a wattpad account? i'm not going to be leaving but i'm going to make accounts on both to keep up with all the writers that have left/are leaving.

also this is actually one of my favourite pieces of yours.And I love the whole idea / concept:)

oh darling sunny, your talent is beautifully unique.
    "why are you out here whispering with the moths? it’s freezing /
    i lived long enough to have this /

so let me have it /" this line is magnificent .

"heat up last night’s takeout for brunch and /
    do a one-legged dance in front of the microwave / "
    I love how this paints your vision so beautifully and gives so much character and lightness and a magical feel to the piece!
    oh sunny I wish you knew your worth, I will forever remember that your poems helped me grow as a poet.But don't worry, I know it's hard to like your own work sometimes but I hope you feel better soon, and I'm always here to remind you how amazing you are<3

this piece is making me yearn rn, i also really really want a found family trope of my own one day, or at least a couple friends that i'm close with and live close to as an adult. the line "someday, you will walk into your living room full of/familiar faces and you will not feel that tears/are letting them win" were especially hard-hitting for me, that's really all i want out of life. this piece feels so soft and wistful and lovely and i really adore it.
    not sure how helpful this is but when i'm feeling unsatisfied or burn out with writing (which happens every couple of months for me), i either take a break, or i try to write something way out of my comfort zone not meant for anyone to read. like, a script for an audio drama, or a horror story, things that you wouldn't normally write, or even just writing something so experimental or personal and honest that it breaks me out of my normal routine. the key, for me, is that you have to write it just for yourself, not for anyone else to see (if you come back to it later and realize that you do want to share it, that's fine too tho!) experimentation in general really helps, writing at different times or places than you normally do, or with different styles. idk, that's just my two cents! i hope that you're able to find something that works for you!

AHHH okay so I thought I was the only person who had this odd fascination with living with a roommate when I'm older? So this is was comforting to read.
    "you will sit on your backyard porch in the chilly afternoon
    and count the stars just because you wanted to /" um yes yes yes LOVE that.
    i lived long enough to have this /" I adore how it ends on such a hopeful, inspiring note. <3

Replying: You're welcome. I hope you feel better really soon. <3

• A Rose

oh crap i adore this, Sunny. and also, totally agree. I wanna move to an apartment with my friends in NYC sooooo bad. this captures that. it kinda feels like a book for adults written like a ya book (my fave genre, honestly)

Everything Chrys and ineffable said a hundred times over also this is such a satisfying read

• ineffable

This is delicious (idk how else to describe it XD)

coming of age angst from sunny yessssss....
    i love the feeling of.... isolation? in the beginning, i thought it was isolation from other people, but as i read on, i don't think that's quite right... it's more like an isolation from oneself? a wall between the person you are and the person you want to be. a little like half lidded sunsets, watching another day go by. getting things done but not being satisfied with your list of checked-off to dos. wow, i absolutely adore the depth of emotion that you managed to weave through such few words; it's just so poignant. those last five lines just hit like a truck in an isekai anime (that time i reincarnated in another world-) i just love this familiar but unfamiliar feeling that travels down my chest after reading this; i want to savor this. god, this is so well written.
    if you're feeling unsatisfied with your writing, it's okay to step back a bit and take some time to for yourself (reinvention and all that jazz), just to figure some things out. we'll be with you every step of the way :)
    i hope the next decision you make brings you happiness<3