Christy Wisdom

Hello people! What to say? I'm a Christian girl. I like to write. I write tons of poetry, some short stories, and other things.
God bless you!
Shouganai
-I wish I could speak every single language, wouldn't that be cool ?

You can be nostalgic for a place you've never been if you've been there in your imagination.

strokes of paint on canvas/those are my words on a page/watch as the ink blots drawn from the depths of my mind/stain papers as they grow yellow with age/wonder if they will live forever/in the imagination and thoughts of someone/for sometimes you'll find if the words are important/blotting them out is not easily done

Thank you to all who have supported me, and feedback is always welcome!
Also, if you comment on a piece of mine, I will generally respond to it at some point.

q&a answers!!

8
Thank you guys so much for participating in the q&a :) I hope you had fun with this, because I sure did. Without further ado, the answers!!

From lindsmariebuck:

What would you do if you could do anything?
I think if I could do anything, I'd learn every single language. That sounds fun to me! 

From MuslimQueen06:

Favorite weather?
Ooh, tough one. I must admit it's a tie between heavy snow and heavy thunderstorms with rumbling lightning and sheets of rain. 

What genre do you like to read and write with?
As far as reading goes, I definitely gravitate towards fantasy or action/adventure in general. Writing-wise, I prefer poetry. I don't know if that's a genre, but oh well. 

What makes you happy/upset?
Being around my family makes me happy! Ooh, and singing, too. And languages. There's a lot of things that make me happy, haha. As for what makes me upset, I guess it would be injustice in the world and everything else that's wrong with it. 

Sunrise or sunset?
Sunset!! Definitely not influenced by the fact that I rarely ever see the sunrise, haha.... Honestly, though, sunsets are so vibrant. I especially love the color of the sky when sunset's just finished and the sky's this indescribably rich blue. 

Purses or backpacks?
Backpacks, definitely. Big purses are pretty cool, but small ones don't have enough room for all of my notebooks :*( 

If you could be a character in a book, which book would you choose?
Oh nooo how could I choose just one!? Well, okay, at least I don't have to worry about choosing Hunger Games, cause that would be a terrible idea haha. It's between Lord of the Rings and The Chronicles of Narnia, and that, my friend, is an impossible choice.

From ava09:

favorite song?
Oh dear. I don't have one, *sigh*. There're way too many choices to choose from! I don't know if this is my all-time favorite song, but my current favorite is "Saturn" by Sleeping at Last. 

go to activity when you're bored?
Reading, sketching, or Youtube. 

favorite food?
Ooh, no favorite food here. My favorite type of food, though, is Oriental/Asian food. Dim-sum's pretty good, too. 

would you rather be a lego or an american girl doll?
American girl doll! Although I must admit, being a lego would dissuade people from stepping on me XD 

favorite part about writing (character building, getting to vent, etc)?
I think my favorite part about writing is how characters that you've put a lot of time into just kind of live in your head indefinitely. It's very similar to how characters get stuck in your mind after you've read a really good book, but this time the way you write your character decides how they react to certain things. I also kind of like putting them through emotional trauma and fluff in equal amounts. 

From naomi ling:

most inspiring writers on WTW to you?
Ahh, too many to name. There are so many awesome writers on here, and honestly I'm not around as much as I used to be. Quille, when she was still on here (I think she got too old for the website), was a big inspiration and somebody I would call a friend. Dmoral13 is really inspiring in that she's always interacting with the community! I think paperbird might be off the website now, too, but they were really cool. There's so many more people than I can name, though, so if I didn't call you out specifically know that I appreciate you guys anyways :D 

fav WTW poems?
Actually, I don't know if it's technically a poem but I really enjoyed your "drifting girl of the orient" piece! I don't have any specific all-time favorites out of all WTW poems, though. I recently found "perhaps nostalgia is grief" by chrysanthemums&ink, too, and that one's pretty awesome too. EAurora's "When I Say You Are Summer to Me" was also really cool :D 

fav line from your own poem?
Ooh, this is a cool question! This is a struggle, cause I had to look through a bunch of poems before I could find a good one. I eventually decided to take from my "chocolate-eyed daughter of seven", because I kind of liked how some of the lines came out. It was a very rambly piece, kind of messy and overemphasized in some places, but overall it was a fun experience. I think my favorite line from it was "with values instilled in my heart/and crystallized in the dark chocolate eyes i got from my mama/so when the mirror asks as it gazes upon the/smudged ink and blurred lines of my identity/'who are you?'/i respond/'i am me.'"

sunflowers or roses?
Roses, definitely. We have a couple bushes in our garden, but they kinda grow out long and spindly rather than bushy and thick. That's okay, though.

chair or stool?
Chair!! Especially one that's big enough that you can curl up in it and read a good book :)

design your dream umbrella.
Oooh, dream umbrella. I think it would have to a design with either my favorite quotes from my favorite books or it would have to be a mosaic pattern of scenes from my favorite books/movies for sure. 

countryside or urban?
Countryside. Personally I prefer the middle-ish ground between countryside and straight-out cities, the suburbs, but if I had to choose one it'd probably be the countryside cause it's quieter. 

what's a fascinating thing abt the world?
The intricate complexities of everything and how we'll never be able to fully understand it all :) 

how are you so amazing?
asdfdsf Ahh when I saw this question I was smiling so hard! You're so sweet my goodness <3 I guess I just try my best to be friendly and nice? Thank you so much!!

how are you?
I'm doing pretty good actually, thanks! Even without going out a ton because of quarantine, I have so much to do at home that I'm having fun either way :D 

From outoftheblue:

favourite trope?
There are so many to choose from! I must admit, I kind of enjoy the Christ-figure trope, but another one I enjoy is the trope of "the main character is a wonderful person but is being forced to do bad things because somebody they love is being held over their heads and/or they are being forced for other reasons but the bottom line is they don't want to be doing wrong. Thus, they try to fight against it to the best of their abilities but are still trapped, so when they come into contact with good guys the good guys need to figure out how to help the main character who is doing their best(TM)." Probably stemming from an enjoyment of angst and hurt/comfort in a story, but hey, I like emotional plotlines. 

favourite wtwers?
I think I won't answer this question, cause I don't want people to feel unappreciated if I didn't call them out. Either way, though, there are some really great people on here <3 

Least favorite trope?
Probably either the love triangle, the unreasonably complicated relationship that's only complicated because the characters won't just TALK IT OUT FOR GOODNESS' SAKE or the really kind of ridiculous and perpetually angry main character that everyone hypes anyways? That last one gets some leniency from me, because they're not the worst characters, they're just kind of frustrating because they act so stupid sometimes. *sigh*

Describe yourself in one word.
...interesting?? (*insert indecisiveness here*) 

Physical appearance?
I won't describe a ton cause I usually don't, but I think what I've given out so far is that I have dark-brown eyes and really long hair? 

Thing you love most about WtW?
I like WTW's community, and I like that it's a way for writers to start getting themselves out there and getting feedback from other writers of around the same level.

Thing you love about yourself?
hmm... I guess I would say that I like that I'm good with people? 

One thing you would change about how people perceive you?
Ooh, this is hard. Mostly I like how people perceive me, so I can't think of much to say. Even if I did want to change how people perceive me, it would be more of how people see me as part of a whole group of people that they see a certain way, so I can't really pinpoint much in particular. 

any favorite comedians?
Brian Regan, for sure. (I hope I spelled his name right, haha). 

a song that never gets old?
The Call by Regina Spektor, definitely. 

your writing process?
Ah, writing. It depends on what I'm writing. If it's poetry then it usually consists of me staring at a blank page or rushing to open a new one, depending on whether I've already gotten my flash of inspiration or am waiting for something to hit me upside the head. After that, it's spilling words onto a page and then deleting and re-writing until it sounds vaguely lyrical and imaginative? If it's prose, usually the characters live in my head for indefinite periods of time (depending on the length of the piece I'm going to write with them) and I write down details about them here and there on open docs. I usually draw sketches of them, and I plot out events (I tried writing something without planning events once, and let me tell you, it crashed and burned). Then it takes me forever (if I ever actually write them at all) to put words down on a page because I'm afraid I'll be disappointed by how it turns out :/

what's your sense of humour like?
Ooh, this is rough. I laugh at the drop of a pin, and once I go off it takes a bit to get myself to stop. I smile at stuff even easier. I think it would be honestly easier to say what's *not* my sense of humor. I don't appreciate inappropriate jokes, and I don't like immature ones either. Other than that, there's too much stuff to count. Memes are a big part of my sense of humor though, or movie quotes and imitating characters. 

what's the best thing about your culture?
One of my favorite things about my culture is that it's kinda not the norm, so to speak. Sounds cliche, I know, but I grew up home-schooled and at this point one of the things I find the most hilarious is to blatantly not have much association with some stuff that people my age know. Honestly it makes it a bit harder to relate to people my age because of topics I like to talk about and stuff, but it's kind of funny to tell people that you've never watched the Simpsons or Spongebob Squarepants, among other things. 

something about your culture/heritage you disagree with?
Hoo, boy, culture. I don't know that I could truly pick out much, because I don't have any disagreement with my personal culture/heritage. I do, however, disagree with how American culture doesn't seem to leave much room for respecting and listening to older people anymore. Yes, some of their opinions are wrong and some of them are not good people, but those kinds of people are in every generation. By not listening to even the older people who actually have some wisdom and good advice to give to younger generations, I think we're missing out. 

an author you're inspired by?
C.S. Lewis and J. R. R. Tolkien, for sure. John Piper is really cool, too. Ooh! And Eoin Colfer. 

From Stone of Jade:

if you have one, what's something on your bucket list?
I don't have an official one, but I'd really like to learn Chinese :D

A place you really want to travel to?
I'd love to go to Japan sometime, or maybe China. 

fav color? flower? food?
Blue, stargazer lilies, and oriental food!

are you a older/middle/youngest/only?
I'm on the older side of the 5 children in our family. Second oldest, in fact.

what made you start writing?
I don't know. I think I really started to write after I started taking writing classes with my co-op. I was writing before that, too, but I think that's when it really picked up. 

favorite thing to write about? (like--fantasy, poetry, etc.)
Probably poetry/prose with elements of poetic writing in it. 

what makes a good villain in a story?
This is a rough question. I think it kind of depends on the story. With some stories, a good villain is someone you can understand the motives of and are sad that they've become twisted and turned to villainy. With others, like Lord of the Rings, it's better that the villain is just kind of overwhelmingly evil without any redeeming motives. 

From Doodleninja:

First fandom you were in (if any)?
It was probably Percy Jackson, although it might've been The 39 Clues. I can't exactly remember. 

A song you'd like to belt out in the car with the windows down?
Agh there's too many cool songs! It'd probably be some really cheesy song, like "If I had A Million Dollars" XD 

Fave part about writing?
I love trying to capture emotion in words. It's hard, but if I get it just right it makes me feel so accomplished. 

Does a Nutella-potato chip sandwich sound good to you?
I mean, it doesn't sound absolutely terrible, and it's probably not a bad flavor combination, but I'd prefer Nutella and Spicy Nacho Doritos sandwich, thanks. 

What do you think of edgy characters?
Hmm.. I guess it depends why they're edgy? And on how they act? I don't particularly dislike them, that's for sure. How much I like them depends on the character I guess.

Well, that's it for the q&a! I had a lot of fun with this, so thank you guys so much for participating :DD 
Take care and stay safe,
Christy

• July 8, 2020 - 11:46am (Now Viewing)

I totally agree with you about the American culture thing! I also love Tolkien and Lewis as well, and I would love to learn so many languages!

• Samina

This was interesting! I enjoyed reading it. I remember some memories. When I first joined this site I think I read your Q and A and commented that can we be friends. It is amazing to have you back!

• ava09

oriental food is a big yes!! I'm learning mandarin right now and it's soooo hard lol but if you want to you should for sure it's rewarding as well! I haven't seen Spongebob Squarepants either - you're not alone. :) I have seen the Simpsons but that was only for school in social studies for some reason haha.

Thanks for answering!
    Ah, reading this was such a joy, reading about you made me smile. Whelp, have a wonderful day! :)

• naomi ling

awhh this is such a sweet q&a and i'm glad we got to know you better. i'd love to hear more about your homeschooling, especially since public school systems don't always live up to educational standards these days. and oriental food -- YES

• Doodleninja

XD loved reading this. Yes, emotional plot lines are the BOMB. And I totally agree with you on American culture losing that respect for older people.
    (Nutella-spicy nacho Dorito sandwich, now THAT'S a combo I have to try XD)

"the main character is a wonderful person but is being forced to do bad things because somebody they love is being held over their heads and/or they are being forced for other reasons but the bottom line is they don't want to be doing wrong." istg why are you so accurate thoughhh. love regina spektor too! and you seem like a really kind person.
    thanks for answering my questions!

• Dmoral

Thank you for your kind words! And reflecting, I think we interacted with one another way back when more than we do now, so I'm definitely going to try and change that! I love your writing too by the way!!