Jorgie Stella

I'm open to any kind of criticism :)

For 2020

Dear 2020, 

You've thrown a lot our way this year haven't you. You may think its funny, but I'm sure everyone else hates you for it. Everything is just over the top. Every month you decide to throw in a new 'fun' surprise. Wasnt January enough? First World War 3 almost broke out, Kobe Bryant and his daughter Gianna died in a helicopter crash along with 7 others, then in February devastating fires ripped through my home country, killing millions of animals and forcing thousands to flee their homes, we had a global pandemic in March that killed half a million people worldwide, we were quarantined for all of April, no one was allowed to leave their houses and we all slowly went insane, we had Murder Hornets in May, and then on 25th of the same month, an African American man by the name of Geoge Floyd had his neck knelt on by a cop for 8 minutes and 46 seconds. This started the Black Lives Matter protests in June, thousands of people around the globe protested, some even rioting and looting. 2020, this is just the first 6 months. When will you realise that enough is enough? We all have big plans 2020, we have things we need to do with our lives, big things to achieve. I'm 15, I need to focus on my school work and making sure I have a good education but instead, I'm worried about what you're going to throw our way for the next months. Then there are the big questions we have to ask... 
  • Are we going to make it to the end of 2020?
  • Have we finally ruined our planet?
  • How am I going to cope with all of the changes?
  • Is it all too much?
I can answer the last question 2020. Yes, yes it is all too much.

All that I ask from you 2020, is that you give us a break, even if its just 2 months, just some time for us to somewhat recover. Please.

Yours Sincerely,

Gen Z  

• July 7, 2020 - 9:38pm (Now Viewing)

Also welcome to WTW!

This is really good!! I like the style of writing and who you chose as correspondents are perfect!