Dmoral

est. 2018
she/her | junior
semi active; chaotic life.
published writer + classics enthusiast.
obsessed with name titled poetry & songs.

i'm known for my long freakin' comments and highlight crazy reviews, but like seriously? life's been to crazy y'all, so bear with me, please.

___
p.s
if i call you "love" or "lovely" that's just how i talk, so don't freak out lol

the guy, who cursed at church.

13

he's unconventional like, the prose poetry tea he's drinking
every night to calm his nerves: metaphors steam in his
face and diction splashes against the sides, but
it's the imagery that smells like home.

and although the newspaper years are dying,
he still spends a penny on the newsie off
5th selling hot dogs and pepperoni.

so when he cursed in church,
his mother just sighed and his father
rolled his eyes- as for the girl he fancies,
she laughed lightly.

the words fell from his lips after
slipping through courtesy. reacting far
too quickly, he cursed again,
then bowed his head and folded
his hands. once he whispered a few
"i'm sorry"s, he made his way
back home.

forgiveness wouldn't be blessed
without committing sin & faith
wouldn't be believed in without
once questioning it.
Word Count: 136
 Mini shout out to @BurningMidnightOil who's fancy freakin' diction and elegant imagery has finally rubbed off on me (a result of us texting each other daily). Anyway, yeah, this is different from my normal style, but I've started branching out and this was in my notebook, written during my hiatus. Hope you enjoy!

• July 8, 2020 - 10:04am (Now Viewing)

• Wisp

I have to say. I think this was the piece that made me stop in my tracks and recognize you for the writing god you are. Yeah, I had read a couple of your prior pieces, but this one was the one that made me realize truly how unbelievably glorious you are as a writer and person. I absolutely adore the way you've crafted this little tale, the diction is just heavenly and it's just all around a gift for me to bear witness to. Everything sounds so delicate, yet it's so sharp at the same time. I honestly just adore the words you string along to make such magnificent pieces. I'm so glad this piece stopped me in my tracks, because it made me notice you for all your kindness and breathtaking words.
    Replying: I was planning to reply on your last piece, but your piece caught me so off guard and carried me away that I forgot (That's right, your writing has such a power.), so we're doing it here. Oh don't feel pressured to do so! I'm just happy you were kind enough to read what I've written. :) And just reading your comment about your job has me drained, I'm so glad I don't need to work yet, I can't imagine the trials. Hopefully you'll get this in the morning/afternoon? So when you read this, good morning! And I hope you have a wonderful day! :)

"metaphors steam in his face and diction splashes against the sides" heh. i love extended metaphors and stuff so this is like wowza to me!! the characterization of this man is so...delicately woven? usually i dont care much (guilty, i feel, tbh) for, like, random characters being described to me, but there's something about this piece that makes me hung up on the small details. it's almost as if i love the way he curses in church and sells hot dogs on fifth avenue more than i love the man himself, which is odd. i tend to adore mundane details about someone's unique life/routine tho so it makes sense. anyways: that parting stanza really packs a punch!! makes u wonder how the man is. also, you know burning midnight irl? awww so fun, i dont have any irl wtw friends haha cheers to y'all!

yo, anyways those last lines are absolute bangers. here's to another thing i'll think about at 3 in the morning when i can't sleep. but wow, the characterization of this male character, the tiny little details you've fed us. it's like the person that says "eat slowly so you've fuller afterwards" and boy am i full on your gorgeous poetry. loved the 'soft' imagery in this, not exactly loud but perfectly transparent. lovely. <3

• poetri

whoa lady, this one's a masterpiece.
    "he's unconventional like, the prose poetry tea he's drinking" was the best opener i've seen in a while, and the whole last stanza made me feeeellll. lovely work. and judging by my tea drinking and no-filter language, the only thing keeping me from feeling called out lol is the fact that it's about a guy :)
    i know i'll come back to this one.