Anne Blackwood

16
Theatre kid
Singer (soprano)
Poet
Twin (fraternal)
Spoonie
Disfusive
Highly Sensitive Person
Living oxymoron
Kindness Krusader: Blueberry cotton candy
XXFJ, Melancholic-Sanguine, ambivert

Joined 1/16/20

For everyone who's sat on a tree branch and thought for a while
Or someone who wanted to

Mom to FantasyOtter12, lochnessie, mindfruit, Rohan's Defender, & all
Sis to happy butterfly
birthdaycandles & happygiggles are my apple juice Jesus sisters

Dating Kristoff? He's got a reindeer, good sense of self... He's got it all.

My profile picture is my "personal crest" I designed and commissioned.

keepsunnyaroundfoundation.cake.org (credit: happy butterfly)

"I was born singing. Most babies cry. I sang an aria."
~ Fairest (book) by Gail Carson Levine

Anxiety must-reads:
https://bit.ly/2YUyome
https://bit.ly/2TsNYSa
And pray. That's the only reason I'm free now.

Noelle and I

Dear Noelle,

It's funny, if you ever saw this, you'd know it was for you. And not just because I've written you into being Noelle for personal narratives in English class. But because you've always been a different kind of friend.
You were the friend that was my best without acting like you were better. We survived childish disputes, distance, and pain I shouldn't have burdened you with. You were the friend that was alright with just walking around the playground or playing lemonade under the swing set. We could spend evenings waiting for a cast list or eating your mom's latest masterpiece of baking. You were girlier than me, but I taught myself how to love fairies and Fancy Nancy picture books, because you did. And that was okay.
But we don't talk anymore. This isn't a Charlie Puth song, but I guess he had to be inspired by real life, too. I wonder if he ever lived in denial of that separation. Did I? I never thought we'd grow apart. I guess that's sort of silly; the only things we have in common is theatre and dads who lost touch. What else did I think would happen? Time heals all wounds, but in our case, it created them.
I still remember how we met. I don't think either of us will forget that seven year old summer at swimming lessons, finding out we'd be going to the same school and that our dads used to be friends. Used to be. Shouldn't that have been a warning sign? But in second grade, all you need for friendship is excitement and a pair of jump ropes.
I hear that you got a girlfriend. That's weird to think about, because we only ever talked about boys. It's also sort of strange to just hear things about you instead of hearing them from you.
It isn't like we don't know each other anymore. You came to our game night at the mall, and when we're in plays together, it's almost as if nothing has changed. Almost. I think both of us realized that our friendship wasn't built to bridge two school changes and polar opposite personalities.
The worst part is when I realize that I barely miss you. With all the things that should have kept us apart, it's a miracle we ever stayed together. So I shouldn't feel bad that there's a space between us that awkward texts can't bring together anymore. That's what I tell myself, anyway. But I still find myself ashamed that I didn't try harder and absolutely horrified that I barely care.
Because it was never your fault. You were a good friend, no, a great friend. You taught me that it's okay to wear sparkles and pigtails. That my happiness isn't connected to whatever somebody said to me. How to stop and enjoy something I've created without wishing it was more. You were loyal and kind. Even when you didn't understand what I wanted (honestly, neither did I), you were always willing to stay by my side and remind me of sunlight.

With fond memories and gratitude,

"Anne"

Replying: yes, I agree with you. Most contests are for fun, although some can be for the followers and likes, as the contest I mentioned. The purpose of my piece was to mention that contests should not be used as a bit for attention. Thank you for bringing that in my attention. And sorry if my piece seemed like all contests were like that, and they are not.

• batman_is_a_cracker

Replying: Okey-doke artichoke. It's no problem. Here are your names:
    Inama (amani, the Swahili word for peace, backward)
    Vitaro (similar to vitae, Latin for life)
    Indarta (similar to indartsu, Basque for strong)
    Cryfon (similar to cryf, Welsh for strong)
    Lakbarsa (similar to lagbar, Yoruba for strong)
    Khayala (similar to khayaal, Somali for illusion)
    Ujuri (iruju, Yoruba for illusion, backward)
    Tonkago (similar to tokonga, Maori for illusion)
    Nazora (similar to nadzor, Slovenian for control)
    Osokals (lsakoso, Yoruba for control, backward)

They're all very unique so thanks for that. :)

• paigeturner

Replying: Thank you so much for the tip about replying! :)

• paigeturner

You put into words all the relationships I had with my old school friends... This was so beautiful <3

• V-Rose

Chapter 10 of Death's Tales is OUT!
    Here's the link:

It is! All good :D

Amazing! But sooo sadddddd! I get it though <3

Aha! My mum found out what park it was, Mesa Verde!

anne this literally made me tear up. as someone who had a best friend (though my falling out with her was definitely uglier than how bittersweet and coming of age your growth away from noelle is/was) this really, really touched me on a personal level.
    “I hear that you got a girlfriend. That's weird to think about, because we only ever talked about boys. It's also sort of strange to just hear things about you instead of hearing them from you. ” gosh, these sentences choked me up. it’s the familiarity of which you remember her, but then you find out that things are different than you would expect, because you’ve split off into separate paths. ack. the ending? “ With fond memories and gratitude” that just makes it feel like...like it’s alright, that you guys are apart now. maybe there’s a little regret, but it’s mostly happy memories and sunlight. and that’s okay. as long as you can look back and find happiness with miss noelle, it’s alright to look forward and not see her, too. byeeee gonna cry now 3

Replying: Thanks! Oh gosh I don't remember, sorry! Ummmm it was a parkkkkk.......and I don't remember, so sorry!

replying: oh that's great.I was so worried.I'm so happy that your dad is with you<3

oh and I'm literally watching an episode of Monk right now lol

"But we don't talk anymore. This isn't a Charlie Puth song, but I guess he had to be inspired by real life, too. " I love this,it made me smile.
    I ALSO USED TO LOVE FANCY NANCY BOOKS!!!
    I'm so sorry about your dad Anne<3
    oh and if you don't want me to bring that up just let me know to delete this comment.
    I love this letter,it conveys so much emotion and so many different emotions.Its full of these little treasures and parts that make my heart break but then there's that silver lining. And I felt so deeply with this because I relate to it so much.Its just beautiful.

• elliem

Awww, Anne! This is lovely and you present this in such a smooth, conversational way. Best of luck in the competition! :)