Eblinn

Belgium

currently
16
indecisive
writing
reading
drawing?
likes making
friends :)

Books I have wrapped my heart around:
°The Catcher in the Rye by J. D. Salinger
°The Secret Life of Bees by Sue Monk Kidd
°Life of Pi by Yann Martel

Q&A answers

14
I really enjoyed all of your questions, thank you!

Asked by sunny.v
What’s a writing style you particularly like?
I like writing fragmented poems and flash fiction.
Admired wtw writers? (Also asked by outoftheblue)
there are so many...
sunny.v
crhysanthemums&ink
outoftheblue
spurtsofdarkness
mia_:)
Samina
purplepanache
naomi ling
poetri
Vinter Vejen
Happy butterfly
...
What’s your favorite topic/subject to read about on here?
mostly poems (any kind) and essays raising awareness about current events
Going off of the previous questions, what’s your favorite to write about?
about teenage life, love (although I know nothing about it), mysterious stories...
What cliche character trope are you? aka, if we were all book characters on a YA journey, who’d you be?
I'd be the loner in the library, probably the one the main character goes to for information about the secret cult they're investigating (but I'd probably just take some books from the shelves and tell them to look into it themselves).
Do you feel your irl personality translates well to here?
One of the things I like about the internet is that appearance and social skills don't really matter here, so I can talk with others without putting up my shy(?) guard. That means that I usually come across as more out-going. But in other terms I think I stay true to my personality.
Favorite wtw pieces? (also asked by naomi ling)
a not totally completed list:
gossamer dreams by mia_:)
poor burning boy by chrystanthemums&ink
elegant daughter of asia by sunny.v
for her by OpalDove
stream of love by ineffable 
Newspapers by spurtsofdarkness
this is a ghost town, and i want to stay here forever by aosora
inbuilt/the pains of womanhood​ by outoftheblue

How tall are you?
 I'm 156 cm and according to an online converter 5'1'ft 
Your happiest moment you’ve had at school?
Oh, I can never choose moments like these, but probably one of the group projects with my best friends. 
How’re you so awesome?
How are you so awesome? :)
Where would you vacation to, ignoring all other costs, and why?
I think I would go on a road trip through Sweden or Norway. Scandinavia's nature is so beautiful and I'm fascinated by their languages as well.

asked by naomi ling
Describe your surroundings.
blue sheets, white walls decorated with posters my past self thought were the only ones available in the world (school book fair), clutter, so much clutter, a window that gives out on the bright green leaves in my garden, a world map, little souvenirs, a desk with too many coloured pencils scattered across.
What are we (mankind) made of, really?
my poetic mind believes cosmic dust that was formerly shaped into stars and space or even our sky and trees.  
What is the meaning of life to you?
personally, I live to explore. But I always think it's selfish, because not everyone gets that chance. And if I can live out my dreams but others can't, then what's my right to do so? 
Sunflowers or roses?
roses, they make me think of mysteriously abandoned castles.
Describe your dream umbrella.
I've always wanted one of those clear ones with pretty light pink flowers on them. 
Sun or moon?
moon all the way. I am a child of the night.
How are you today?
good, what about you? :)

Asked by outoftheblue
Favourite trope?
enemies to lovers, or rather rivals to lovers (that sounds so cliché buT...)
Least favorite trope?
I've seen too many royal stories lately and I never enjoyed them anyway. 
Physical appearance?
Secretly I'm a ghost :)
Somehing you love most about WtW?
The sense of belonging in a loving community. I love how people leave supportive comments and encouraging peer reviews for each other.
Somehing you love about yourself?
When I start something, I always push myself to finish it. 
Any favorite comedians?
I don't know that many, but John Mulaney is gold.
A song that never gets old?
Dancing Queen by ABBA.
Your writing process?
when I was little, I always liked writing little stories and poems I then showed my family members. In school, I enjoyed writing as well, but I never really did anything with it. It was only a year ago I decided to start writing a story (on wattpad). Then quarantaine came along, and I joined wtw. Right now I'm developing my writing style and figuring out what I'll do with it.
What's your sense of humour like?
probably dry? And I laugh about basically anything silly my friends say.
What's the best thing about your culture?
if I even could assign a culture to Belgium, I'd say the cities and the food. I'm also half Lithuanian and although I'm not that familiar with their culture, I love it. The food, the nature and the rich history.
What do poffertjes taste like? (so jealous i can't get them hereee)
I'm afraid I have never really tried them, since they're more a dish from The Netherlands. Wow, I actually can't believe I don't know what they taste like. Brusselse wafels and stroopwafels are divine though. 
An author you're inspired by?
Rainbow Rowell made me want to write a story from two POV's, so she inspired me into getting serious about writing. 

asked by chrysanthemums&ink
Which piece of yours are you most proudest of?
I poured my soul into i break down in kaleidoscope shatters, so that one! 
How would you describe your writing style?
A mixture of figuring everything out, brackets, poems and all over the place thoughts.
Where do you draw inspiration from?
Everyday experiences, the conversations around me, the wind blowing through my hair, song lyrics and books.
What is one thing you'd do if there were no consequences?
I'd want to stay the night in a closed store with my friends.
What got you into writing?
I remember a notebook that was so empty I just had to fill it.

Asked by Doodleninja
A song you will never get sick of?
There are a lot of them, but I could hear Loner by Yungblud anytime anywhere and I'd sing along. 
A really specific trope that you love but don't see enough of?
Two people going on adventures, looking for the meaning of life. That's pretty cool.
Asked by lindsmariebuck:
If you could do anything what would you do?? (This doesn't include helping others or changing the world. Something you just want to do.)
I would go Vilnius in Lithuania and eat ice cream. (why? I don't know)

Asked by rainsandonder
What kind of music do you listen to? what bands/songs are most meaningful to you, and what bands/songs have you been listening to on repeat lately?
I'd say indie and rock music. Lana del Rey is my all time favourite artist (Carmen, Off to the races, Brooklyn Baby). 'Eleanor Rigby' by The Beatles is so beautiful too. Right now I'm listening to the album 'Social Cues' by Cage The Elephant and I'm starting to listen to My Chemical Romance.
Saw in your message from writer that you like catcher in the rye- what draws you to it? What are your thoughts on holden caulfield as a character and the ending of the book?
Even though this book was written in 1951, it reads like a YA novel now. I think I liked the relatable thoughts Holden has as a teenager and I loved his iconic phrases. He surely had a few unresolved problems he needed to deal with and i'm glad he was able to get help. To me, the ending wasn't very clear but I read some things online that explained it.
What's your writing process like? are there any themes that you find yourself repeatedly coming back to in your work?
Mostly I start off with a thought or sentence that popped into my mind and then I expand. I think I write cryptic (I think), and probably about love, darkness, memories (not necessarily mine) and all those weary thoughts I hold in my mind.

• July 7, 2020 - 6:20am (Now Viewing)

replying: hmm I'm not too sure which book you're referring to by secret history? Ah the quotes thing is too relatable! Honestly I haven't read a physical book in quite a while, but I do try to make little highlights or notes on an ebook, if I can :)

replying: ah, that's great! ooh, i've heard of it lol but im currently barely making my way through pride and prejudice :/

replying: aww thank youu, and no you def haven't abandoned them :)
    things are.. well a tad hectic but pretty exciting rn. how are you?

replying: oh yeah haha, been playing piano since 2014 and uke since 2016, although our situations are pretty similar lol

replying: wow! it's pretty good. nope, hahah can't draw, but yes, I do play the piano, keyboard and the ukulele. what about you?

Replying: oh hahahaha! hmm...asking me my fav Indian food is impossible but ig it's samosas and vada pavs. Try them (spoiler alert: theyre NOT healthyy)

I LOVE DANCING QUEEN!!!
    Also don't worry I also laugh at literally anything remotely silly anyone says ,it becomes a problem lol
    aww thanks so much for the shout out,I'm so glad you like my writing darling<3

june 2020 wtw highlights are live, and you're in them!
    https://bit.ly/31QLd2l

replying: oh hahah i can never listen to skyfall without having these vvv. intense flashbacks now, so nice to know we have suffered together, my friend! and awk situations are basically everywhere- ALL THE TIMEEE. and omg does belgium have like the loveliest food ever cause i'm hungryyy noww. about your story- oh, i'm sure your fresh start was needed- and it led you to wtw and your stunning poetry! ily. <3

sunny height comment *facepalm* sunny! the real question is if i'm higher than you chipmu. Ebilinn, replying, thank you lovely! Denmark is gorgeous but very flat and islandy. The bio is a lullaby my grandma sung to me as a child. And as for the pfp, it's from the glorious depths of pinterest art. ;)

love john mulaney and you have excellent music taste! my chemical romance’s “the black parade” is probably one of my favorite albums of all time, and i really love “melophobia” by cage the elephant too, i have it on vinyl! great answers!

SUNNY HEIGHT COMMENT- also you're about my height? uwu.
    (incoming scattered thoughts) yessss ok your trope choices are totally valid. and for the record, my name is a fricking nightmare to spell. 'poor burning boy'? that was like *checks calender* too long ago. glad you liked it enough to remember it! and yesss "i break down in kaleidoscope shatters" is so fricking gorgeous. from all the times i've seen it in your msg box, i'll definitely try out catcher in the rye ;) loved getting to know you better, getting to put a face to your brilliant writing. thank you for answering all of our questions! :) <333

• mia_:)

I love Dancing Queen! Also, thank you for the mention!

anoushka >~> i’m looking around you girl. i have an IMAGE to uphold.

ah yes, rereading and the customary sunny height comment is here.

BRB TO PROPERLY READ THIS BUT UWU ILY AND IM TALLER THAN YOU HAHA

• poetri

aw darling, thank you for the shout out! you're too kind, and i'm so glad you admire my writing <3 all the best to you

• Samina

It was lovely knowing you!wonderful q and a.
    Btw you admire me!!!!!!??? Thanks, that means a lot!! <3

• spurtsofdarkness

Also, Eleanor Rigby>>>>>>>>>

awww ebby(yes, I'm calling you that now) thank youuu, you just sound like the human equivalent of an *uWu*. you're half Lithuanian? Wow! What are stroopwafels? And, ooh I love Eleanor Rigby! And how's your story on Wattpad going so far?
    Thanks for answering my questions :)

Oh you sound so awesome!!! And, you admire me!? That's so kind of you, i really couldn't imagine what for!!! <333
    Also you should definitely go on a road trip through Scandinavia. It's absolutely stunning. If you like the mountains you should go to Norway and Sweden, and if you enjoy the ocean, you should check out Denmark ;)
    Also John Mulaney is hilarious, I really enjoy his stand-up :)) Dry humour gang!!
    Your writing process is quite similar to mine <3 (sorry if this comment was all over the place ;))

• spurtsofdarkness

i actually got two mentions? damn you're an angel. also, great knowing you!