happy butterfly

South Africa

14
poet
pisces
swimmer
reader
swiftie
a shy people's person
wtw's official little sister:)

i've spilt all my stars out for you

special wtw sister to anne blackwood<3
honey aunt to FantasyOtter12:)
spectral and i are admirers who love keyboard smash

it's time to sing something for no other reason than to feel my voice -anne blackwood

so rearrange the world and perhaps you'll find your celebration of humanity -dmoral

not the girls on pinterest

23
 pale skin / means ghosts / didn't bother me before / but now it haunts me / let me go lie in the sun / and burn / don't put on sunscreen / it's fine / "you could get skin cancer" / it's fine / maybe after the redness bleeds back into my veins / my skin will look tan / my skin will look beautiful

skinny arms / "like toothpicks" / my teachers told me / those words are still stuck between my teeth / i taste them / i should eat more / fatten these toothpicks / not too much

i've eaten two much / arms still embarrass the girl who looks in the mirror / but now my stomach has inflated at the bottom / skinny girls on vogue don't have toothpick arms and inflated stomachs / maybe when i stand in front of the mirror i can suck it in / see how i look / i look better

spotless skin / slide soap bars smoothly / those are the girls on pinterest / pimples sprinkle over my face / the creams don't work / why does noone else have them/ "all teenagers do" / no Miss / not the girls on pinterest

this is horribly written but I really wanted to get this out of my head. it was a bunch of word vomit and its 01:00 am.so sorry.probably will delete tomorrow.or later today technically 

• July 6, 2020 - 4:21pm (Now Viewing)

• Landofstories

beautiful, and way too relatable! also thank you for welcoming me to wtw! and I'm glad I've found someone who also loves greek mythology!! :)

• V-Rose

Chapter 10 of Death's Tales is OUT!
    Here's the link:

• Syzygy (#words) (J.A.M)

Woah!!

Replying: haha! I’m glad Grandma Flo is real too :)

Replying: Oh wow, I don't know what to say. Thank you!

Replying: Shoot! Did it sound like our dads had lost touch with us? I meant they lost touch with each other. I'll definitely have to clarify that in a future edited version. I'm glad you liked the piece; thanks for your comment. :) Fancy Nancy was great lol. And haha yay for Monk!!

• kealoha

Wow, this is heartbreakingly gorgeous

• ek503

I love how the lines "'like toothpicks' / my teachers told me / those words are still stuck between my teeth" connect to each other!

• elliem

This is so heartbreaking, even moreso because it's so true in many cases. I'm really sorry if this is the case for you. Body image and acceptance of all bodies is a serious thing that needs to be addressed more, so thank you for bringing this up in such a lovely piece.

• mia_:)

wow, this is stunning! i love the line "maybe after the redness bleeds back into my veins / my skin will look tan / my skin will look beautiful." this is a great piece!

replying: oh, honey, thank you! i'm sue you'll continue to grow, the way you clearly started from the beginning, and the way you write such beautiful poetry now is nothing short of amazing :)

replying: thank you <33 also don't remove this! word vomit is sometimes the best type of writing because its raw :)

• V-Rose

Wow. I feel the same sometimes. Amazing word vomit. I mean it. Awesome work. And we don't need to be the girls on Pinterest because we're the girls on Write the World!

• V-Rose

Chapter 7 of Never Really Real is here!
    Here's the link:

Woah...