mia_:)

13 || she/her || wtw's resident adoptee :)

let's be friends! :) <3

mochi waffle :D

est. march 5, 2020

kinda took the format of sunny.v's #childofyournation challenge

happy fourth of july!

i hope that this doesn't offend anyone! still getting used to writing more controversial pieces :)

i'd love to know what you think!

summer babies drowning in american sea | tw: mentions gun violence

17

i'm a firecracker child / holding them inches from my face / let the sparks burn my nose and remind me that all good things come at a price / let the embers slip beneath my fingernails and kindle a fight that i didn't know was there / and god forbid i smell like gunpowder / i'm a burial child / mourning my fallen siblings who caught bullets to the heart and soul / i kiss the coffins before they sink into the ground / in memoriam is inked between my temples / i'm a swimming pool child / open your eyes and ignore the chlorine sting / we're drowning out here / can't someone toss us a rope? /

i'm a watermelon girl / i devour the pink flesh and spit seeds onto my napkin / spit out some, swallow others / isn't that how it works these days? / if i were a seed, would i be lurching down someone's digestive tract? / or would i rejoice with my privileged comrades? / i'm a hair chalk girl / i watch my sister struggle to get the red to show up in her dark locks / blue smears on my fingers but barely tints my pigtails / i'm a parade girl / i watch in envy as other hair chalk girls wave their flags and show off their bikes, the spokes twirling with patriotic rhythm / her corn-silk hair is streaked perfectly with blue and red / i finger my brown hair and sigh / why even bother? /

i'm a bandana baby / twisting paisley accents my flaws / i'm a flip flop baby / tan lines between my toes / catch at sidewalk cracks / i stumble over my self-doubt / i'm a lemon bar baby / a blueberry suffocating in custard / latch onto the graham cracker crust for dear life / i'm a concert baby / tie dye shirts and open air stages / hold me on a pedestal of judgement / creasing eyebrows tell me that i'll never be good enough / why can't a summer baby breathe? /

• August 6, 2020 - 11:19am (Now Viewing)

• elliem

Reply: Thank you so much Mia! :) <3 Makes me really happy.

• spurtsofdarkness

Replying: I’m so, so sorry but i’ve been a little busy with school and everything. i’m gonna try my best to do it by tomorrow or maximum by thursday.

don't be afraid of being controversial! this is fantastic writing, i really love how you took this style/formatting and personalized it, and there are SO many gorgeous sensory details here that bring this piece to life and make it crackle and burst like a firework within itself.

replying: i literally made some adjustments to my bio bc I loved your “satire queen” comment so much :] also: sparklers! i think we call them firecrackers, maybe? sometimes we have these little things that look like Hershey’s kisses but smaller and when u throw them hard on the street, they spark up a little! not sure what those are called...anyways, good luck with summer camp in the hot with all those masks!

• birthdaycandles

new profile pic! :o love it! and i love love the format and content of this piece too, especially like how each part ends with a rhetorical question, i think it adds a lot

wow, i love how you look sunny's #childofyournation format and transformed it into something completely your own. hmmm, i don't think this could quite count as controversial per se but it's still very very beautiful and important. i love the tone you've got going too, the narrator's voice is bordering on sarcastic but not quite. it's more like... cynical? yeah, that word. i love the way you plainly describe things and even the metaphors are coating a sheen of 'reality'. it makes you grounded in the present, to look away from the rose tinted window and towards a broken one. wow, your imagery really is absolutely stunning though. love love love the tone in this; it's breathtaking. whoa, i'm blown away by your versatility. <333

• Just_A_Memory

Love it. That last part of every bit though ;-;

Ps. Love the pfp!