~wildflower~

15
Loves music, nature, poetry, emotive writing, thinking
Passionate about the environment
pianist, Christian, tall
~in love with the stars~
Joined April 2020

Proud member of the (unofficial) AHPU (Abnormal-Height Peoples' Union)

Previously called ‘Daisy + Sage’
—————
“Not all those who wander are lost” - J.R.R. Tolkien
“You can choose to either see the weed or the wildflower”
“Somehow, after everything, she still bloomed I’m the way she was meant to” - Morgan Harper Nichols
—————
Favourite words: whisper, echo, amongst, wanderer, lost, forgotten, meadow, galaxy, stardust, wisp, sonder, luminescence, nubivagant, solivagant
—————
Review for review

#CharacterQuirks

7
  • I bite my fingernails. My mum and brother have both been nail-biters all their lives, but I only stared two or three years ago (completely randomly and subconsciously). I don’t do it when I am stressed or nervous, as some would expect, but when I am really focussing on something (often when I’m studying or writing). It is not fun - now my fingers always hurt - and it’s sort of embarrassing, but it’s more of a fidgety, subconscious action, and no matter how hard I try, I just can’t stop. Any tips?
  • You know how at the beach, in the middle part of sand between the water and the bank there is often a section of sand that makes a squeaky sound when you step on it and is sort of crusted on the top (I don’t know if this makes any sense...)? Well, I absolutely hate that. I usually end up running through the sand while clenching my fists and scrunching my face as if in pain. Yeah, I’m that weird person. I also cannot stand the feeling of the outside of marshmallows but it’s worth enduring for the delicious taste! 
  • I am physically incapable of thinking of creative ideas in a classroom. I don’t know what it is about it, but being stuck in that silent box of bright lights - surrounded by other people - just leaves me with a constant creative block. I still struggle to think of ideas for stories (in particular) at all - in any setting - and it often stresses me out, especially when it’s necessary for an assignment. But the only place I can seem to get even some little trickle of creative juices flowing is when I’m listening to music, sitting in a comfy chair in my bedroom and staring at the pictures on the walls, or outside, amongst some trees.
  • I absolutely hate celery. It is the one food that I cannot stand to eat in any meal or any form.
  • I can’t do one thing for too long. Some people can just read all day or watch three movies in a row, but that is not me. I will just feel terrible if I am on screens for too long, will feel bad if I don’t go outside all day, and need to break up my time into little snippets of different activities. So next time you come over to my place, please do not suggest a movie marathon!!
  • I have an innate fear of balls around cars. I know this sounds really weird, but hear me out. For example, we often play tennis on our driveway and whenever I hear a car coming, we have to stop the game immediately. If the ball is rolling across the road as I see a car coming I full-on freak out. Instead of doing the civil thing and swiftly grabbing the ball from the road because, after all, the car is still pretty far away and you have plenty of time, I will usually run in the other direction while covering my hands with my ears. Playing football in a city square park? No thanks. I will probably start shouting and have a mini panic attack if I see the ball rolling within ten meters of the road. I’m really not sure what this is about - it’s not like I’ve had any traumatic experiences or anything. Oh well *shrugs*.
  • I adore the smell of petrichor. Also (don’t judge me - I know this sounds insane) but have you ever smelt your forearm? Mine, at least, has this subtly, unique smell that I quite like. This does not mean that I am going to walk around sniffing my arm every five seconds. It’s just something strange that I’ve noticed :)
  • One more little pet-peeve: for some reason, it really annoys me when someone leaves a candle on for too long, lights on at day time or when there’s no one in the room. 
Sorry that got so long! This is from an idea of the wonderful Anne Blackwood. Check it out here!

• July 3, 2020 - 3:27am (Now Viewing)

• ~wildflower~

Haha I just saw where I accidentally wrote “covering my hands with my ears”. I think you know what I meant :)

You really embodied what this challenge is all about. I was weirdly fascinated by your quirks, like the marshmallow thing and your innate panic around balls and cars... Also, I just smelled my forearm (really glad no one walked into my room at that exact moment), but my nose is kinda stopped up. Anyway, thanks for participating!

Replying: Don't mention it. You can do it! :)

I used to be a nail biter too, omg stopping was so hard but worth it. Some tips would be to:
    1. Make yourself grossed out from doing it. Imagine all the dirt and bacteria you digest from biting them. Bitting your nails can also make you sick.
    2. Imagine how pretty they will look when you stop. They wont be crooked or rigid or super short. When I stopped, they eventually became straighter and prettier, so I think that's what should happen if you stop.
    3. Try to make it more of a conscious thing so everytime you start to bite, you can catch yourself and stop.
    It's gonna be difficult but hey, I believe in you! You've got this. Whelp, hope I helped! :)

• Samina

Omg !! When I saw bit my nails I checked as quickly as possible. I am also a nail bitter.