sunny.v

she/her | asian
wtw community’s official older sister
running off into the sunset with circe
est. april 27, 2020

swordwielding protector of all minority groups
satire sorceress, lady knight

she clasps peonies, allure, & love

LOLLL THIS WAS SO STUPID BYEEE

heliocentric wanderer

16

The ink-stained wanderer held her palms to the sky, and
she parted her lips to beckon for a greeting. The Sun appeased her,
as it seldom did, and answered, “For what do you wish to understand?”

The ink-stained wanderer stood on a stone bench and met
the Sun’s apathetic gaze. To this, she asked, “Should you ask me this
every time, when you yourself know the answer? I want to be you,
dear Sun, admired, loved, understood wholly.”

The Sun grew silent, so the ink-stained wanderer continued, “I wish
to understand. I wish for such with all my being. I wish to understand
others, to intimately recognize their souls, because I so desperately long
to be understood in return. I want to see, and to be seen. Love, and be loved.”

The Sun aptly responded, “There is a stone path that leads to
the shore. You will walk it, and wonder if your radiance is enough
to guide you. Meet me there, and I will tell you how to be Heliocentric.”
To this, the ink-stained wanderer asked, “Will I know if my radiance is enough?”

But The Sun had left, and so the wanderer started her path. But what a
shame: the naive wanderer held lemon rinds under her tongue
and golden dandelions beneath her fingernails. She would surely find her way
along the path. For just as surely, for all of eternity, she longed to understand.

-me mixing prose and poetry and folklore fairytale vibes without a dang clue in the world LOL things we love: to see it :]
-one of my personal philosophies is “i want to understand so, so bad, and gosh, i wanna be understood just as intensely” so baBOOM i’m projecting it onto this piece with some predictable sun metaphors
-did this have highkey ghibli vibes? mayhaps! mrowww

• July 3, 2020 - 1:22am (Now Viewing)

• Dmoral

The way you "named" the characters was so unique and eye-catching, I loved it. I will admit, as soon as I read "The ink-stained wanderer" I had Ray Bradbury vibes, the phase he went through with "The Illustrated Man" (if I'm recalling that correctly).

"the naive wanderer held lemon rinds under her tongue / and golden dandelions beneath her fingernails."
    these lines were amazing, and reminded me of jasmine_k's eccentric and out worldly short poetry, but unique to you. these were definitely my favorite lines and you took to describing characters to a whole new meaning.

i absolutely love this piece, so much!! beautiful work, truly!!

Replying: Okay you definitely get it lol.

• asta

"lemon rinds under her tongue and golden dandelions beneath her fingernails." this is so lovely! yes, this piece actually is your pfp, all bright and flowery and beautiful! and wow, did i project onto this, the mortifying ordeal of being known :")

• Halopoet

Replying: yeah im sure he would. Btw thanks for checking out my piece.

Sunny!!! this is just utterly gorgeous! teach me your ways, how do you write like this.
    'But The Sun had left, and so the wanderer started her path. But what a
    and golden dandelions beneath her fingernails. '
    i'm dying the imagery is just *chefs kiss*. i really don't know what else to say except you, madame, are gonna go big places

• inanutshell

this really matches your name & pfp haha. also idk if this is weird but this is so gentle? like the kind of fairytales i'd read as a kid and become obsessed with. not sure how else to say it but i do love this.

• fatpanda

ooh yes like chrys said the vibes totally match those of your pfp,,, also i really, really like this piece, am going to come back and read it again

• The Midnight One

This... is beautiful oh goodness. The title is incredible, and the imagery... you've outdone yourself, as usual.

• mia_:)

Replying: haha, you're so sweet! i was legit terrified to post that bc i didn't want people to get mad lol. also, i looked up the artist who drew your pfp and i got my own! :)

bro if this is stupid then what am i-
    this whole piece, i feel, is the after-effect of 'sonder'. wanting to understand, wanting to be understood, desperately. and the way you wrote it (your dialogue is, as always, godly) is just *chef's kiss* the sun metaphors bring that perfect amount of 'whimsical' to this piece, and it makes it an absolute pleasure to read.
    give me a second, isn't this piece like... your pfp? it's so pretty. (both the pic and this piece and probably you ;)) but like yessss ghibli vibes. so so pretty. sun metaphors ooooh. <3333

“ the naive wanderer held lemon rinds under her tongue/and golden dandelions beneath her fingernails“ ahh that’s beautiful! speaking as someone who also wishes to See and Be Seen i find this piece so relatable, fantastic work!

this is in no way stupid! This is beautiful! those first few lines are absolutely breathtaking!! How do you write with such imagery!?!?!?!?! This is amazing sunny!!

Love love love!!