Dmoral

est. 2018
she/her | junior
semi active; chaotic life.
published writer + classics enthusiast.
obsessed with name titled poetry & songs.

i'm known for my long freakin' comments and highlight crazy reviews, but like seriously? life's been to crazy y'all, so bear with me, please.

___
p.s
if i call you "love" or "lovely" that's just how i talk, so don't freak out lol

I-IV. Questions of Divinity

PROMPT: Beyond Reason

11
I.
Do your eyes glow when you close them
or do you dream in colors and that's what
you're seeing?

II.
Are fireflies fallen stars that learn to adapt
to the Earth or are they ones that never got
a chance to shoot toward the night sky?

III.
Is every thought that's crossed your mind only
your purely or are they collections of words 
picked up during life's journey?

IV.
Who are the mirrors reflecting back at us
the person other people see or the being
we see ourselves and believe there's no changing?
Word Count: 94

• August 8, 2020 - 12:38pm (Now Viewing)

these are absolutely stunning. i have no words--that second stanza is gorgeous and it's imagery is so sad yet so hopeful at the same time/ so many meanings could be interpreted from these questions and that is what makes poetry so beautiful

• Wisp

So whimsical. The flow of the piece is so quaint and it just feels so lovely and homey all at once. Your writing is truly transformative and I admire how you were able to convey that in so few words. Truly astonishing.
    Also, I didn't mention in my last comment about your message to readers, but! YOU WORKED HARD TO BE THAT POET WE ALL ADMIRE!!! We are just the ones who gave you that push and showed you how glorious your writing is when you didn't believe so yourself. YOU put all that work in. So don't you DARE say that we are the ones who made you into the luminescent poet you are today, because YOU made yourself into that hon. All we did was give you words of encouragement, all because we were at a lost for words the moment we read our very first piece of yours.

• Ahsan Nizaam

I know its weird but when I'm stressed I see designs of dark brown and grey in a black background after closing my eyes. I really don't know why I' saying this but after reading your piece it happened again.

how dare you be this magnificent
    lol (kidding kidding)
    keep being magnificent, keep being magnificent *waves hands in unknown motions *

• inanutshell

ah the third question had me doing some soul searching. it's weird but a legitimate fear of mine and all my words are not mine to begin with? idk if that made sense but you hit the nail on the head w this one.

whoa, the questions in this are just... absolutely breathtaking. would i sound like an english teacher if i said 'this really made me think'? probably yes, but this is gorgeous.

:O
    My mind has been blown! Amazing piece, love it!

• PureHeart

All your pieces are so deep I love it!