HelpMe512

Ace
He/Him
Transphobes stay out
Joined September 2019
My inbox is always open if you want to talk:
okRiver512@gmail.com

"If I wait 'til my tomorrow comes, is the waiting all I've ever done?"
-Ben Platt

"It's alright, it's okay. You're not a monster just human and you made a few mistakes,"
-It's Alright by Mother Mother

"One page of the bible isn't worth a life,"
-The Village by Wrabel

"I thought you had me in prison this whole time, but I'm the one holding the key,"
-Intro III by NF

"A hundred bad days makes a hundred good stories and a hundred good stories makes me interesting at parties,"
-100 Bad Days by AJR

If you have any other song lyrics to put on the quote board shoot me a comment and I'll gladly put them on!

Also-artists community challenge - Week 1

9

i try to make it so all my drawings have meaning. sometimes it's not very deep, but sometimes it's way more than it appears to be. this is one of those drawings that has a lot of meaning.
    first, let's look at the entire picture. it could be interpreted in many ways, and this is only one of them. it looks to be a hand made of stone drowning. however, there is a rainbow chain trying to save it, and turning the hand back from stone. the hand is reaching for the chain weakly.
    the water represents things like failure, anxiety, and depression. all things that pull someone down if they're not strong enough to swim.
    the hand represents life. my life in particular. it's made of stone because stone sinks in water, and i felt as if i was sinking in life. you can see that only the hand is visible, and not the entire body, showing that this is the last hope of being saved. it's reaching for the chain weakly because there's little fight left.
    the chain represents all the good things like friendship, love, and happiness. all things that can pull you out of the water or give you something to hold on to. but the reason it's a chain and not a rope is because just as easily as it can pull you out of the water, it can bind you and make you sink to the bottom. friendships become toxic, relationships end, and you become too afraid of losing happiness that you don't realize you've already lost it.
    part of the hand is rainbow because it's so close to the chain, and it's so close to happiness, yet so far away. it's touching the chain, but barely, showing that a tiny touch of happiness can affect you for longer than just that moment. a little but of love goes beyond the interaction.
    most importantly, the hand is above water. it hasn't sunk. it hasn't given up. because i've kept trying, and that's what matters.
lowercase intentional
okay that was unnecessarily deep. i could've just said "i drew a hand and it doesn't look deformed for once" but i like deep meanings. thanks batman_is_a_cracker for coming up with this challenge!

• July 4, 2020 - 7:38pm (Now Viewing)

• Sol noctis

Oh My Goooooood!!!!!
    You are sooo amaaaziiing!!!!
    (Also I haven't forgotten about drawing your characters.. They're in my checklist.. But they'll have to wait for a while.. Hope you don't mind) and yes you are an awesome artist... *thumbs up thumbs up *

• Eblinn

"showing that a tiny touch of happiness can affect you for longer than just that moment."
    Wow, this is so meaningful. Nice!

• batman_is_a_cracker

Okay, first of all, that hand is GORGEOUS. You'll see later on how bad I am at drawing hands XD. Second of all, I love how you choose to give your art meaning. That's something I struggle with myself but you seem to be good at creating deeper contexts. Love the art, love the meaning. Great job :)

• .amelia.

Yes! can totally relate to the "deformed hand" problem. And, I think your work really speaks for itself! Nice work! :D

• Doodleninja

okay, one, BEAUTIFUL HAND.
    And two, I love all the meaning behind it and how you tied in so many things into this one drawing. Bring on the deep stuff XD

• Abby R _TheDreamingButterfly

I love expressive art! Everything about this piece is amazing and I want to know how you can create such deep meaning and use so much symbolism in just one picture!

• mia_:)

Wow, it's so beautiful! wish i could draw like that lol :)