mia_:)

13 || she/her || wtw's resident adoptee :)

let's be friends! :) <3

mochi waffle :D

est. march 5, 2020

tw: references ugly events in american history and makes some generalizations and could be seen as controversial

don't get me wrong. i don't hate the government and they do a lot of really good things for us, but our country is kind of a mess right now and i'm feeling upset. please don't be offended! these are my own VERY EXAGGERATED opinions and i hope that no one gets their feelings hurt!

i make some generalizations to show that we're all in this together. i know that not everyone faces discrimination, but if even one person does, we all feel the effects.

i hope that everyone has a fabulous day! this is probably the most controversial piece i've ever written, so i was a bit nervous to publish it. please let me know what you think, but don't invalidate the opinion of others! feel free to have a FRIENDLY conversation in the comments!

as chrys brought up, i am not trying to invalidate any historical events and kind of regret bringing the atomic bomb into this, but i'm too tired to fix it rn so i will probably do that later

have a good day/night/afternoon/evening! :) <3

lol this message is hecka long :P

dear independence day ~ i don't feel like celebrating (tw: references ugly events in american history and could be seen as controversial)

[we the people of the united states of america] 
/ you say we, but you mean i / whatever happened to power to the people? / democracy democracy hypocrisy / cleisthenes would be ashamed of what we have deteriorated into / in order to form a more perfect union / uh-huh / lift your quill & declare oppression a thing of the past / funny how you claim that all people were created equal when your crops were watered by captive hands / because, god forbid you'd be uncomfortable / you sit in a senate, a courtroom, not a throne / & yet, you dictate our lives with cruel bills and laws / does the power reverberate in your skull? / does it hurt? / i don't care / you've caused enough pain to deserve it /

​[i pledge of allegiance to the flag]
/ drill nationalism between our eyes / i've been brainwashed since day one / when discussing wars, why does our country always "triumph?" / bury dark parts of our past beneath layers of silt & hopefully no archaeologist will stumble upon them / you say we, teacher, but i didn't drop atomic bombs / i didn't force native americans to march from their homes / i get that our country has done terrible things, but do you wrap me into your guilt to make yourself feel better? / i burn all my red & white & blue clothes in the empty lot behind my house / my sister paints her nails patriotic colors & i want to drown them in acetone while she sleeps / how can you go on, smothering us & waiting for a parade in your honor? /

[endowed by our creator with certain unalienable rights]
/ john hancock, i am ashamed / you signed off on liberty & keep us under your controlling paw / & we're content to live in fear, are we not? / we're not / it's not fair to wonder if you'll be attacked for the color of your skin & who you love & who you worship & who you are / your white-washed wigs must have bleached your brains / dilute your water with the blood of your people, perhaps / i have never seen the battlefield, but people make sacrifices every day around me / & you drain the joy from their eyes & the fight from their veins & the love from their hearts / you play us against each other, as if we're separate teams in capture the flag / why can't we both tear our stars and stripes and go out for ice cream together? / you take our life & you take our liberty & has anyone ever truly been happy? /

1

ahhh this is excellent! this captures exactly what my problem is with the fourth of july and why i don’t think that celebrating it is true to my beliefs- our country has been messed up since the beginning. if anything, though, it’s more patriotic to criticize your country than to stand idly aside. really great work here, particularly liked the bit abt white-washed wigs and the nail polish part!

replying: no problem! i do know qing han, she was so, so lovely. and summer camp sounds so fun! i love working with kids! they always tend to really, really like me for some reason. last summer, i had to teach a class of kids for a week, and when i had to leave early one day to catch a flight, they all blocked the door and begged me not to leave. on my last day, some of them gifted me with stuff like chocolate! so ye, I agree, kids are naughty sometimes, but it’s all good fun! also, my family doesn’t light the fireworks ourselves, but we usually just watch different places light them up. there’s an amusement park very close to us, and they usually have a firework show. LOL i imagined the watermelon as the literal shape of a small dog!! hahaha ps ty ty for ur sweet comment! <3

• Ahsan Nizaam

The happy thing about America. They let you speak about your opinions and you are still alive. *Sighing wistfully*
    I love your work. It's so honest and lively. I'd like to hear more of your opinions.

• poetri

hon, i'm SO PROUD :) this piece is incredible!
    i'll come up with a comment later when i'm not so fired up about my neighbors and their stupid confederate flag, but you go girl! beautiful and eloquent and...mmph i love it so much. all the best, dear <3

mmmmm in my opinion, I realize the atomic bombs on japan are a bit of a tough area to talk abt, but imo they are unforgivable and i think it’s valid of you to bring up into the piece

replying: i noticed the pfp! it’s so cute!! and yesss tofuvi is awesome!

i’ll give you a proper comment when i can do this piece justice, but so proud of you for a fiercer and more controversial piece! i’m usually the one being all grrrr so to see a piece like this from you is so refreshing, inspiring, and hopeful. it fills me with sisterly pride HAHA love youuuuu <3 this is so lovely brb!!

• EliathRose

Replying: Thank you so much, I’ll check it out!

Also, wow, this piece is good.

replying: oh, thanks for your comment :)
    hmmm, if you want to stay with the ww2 thing then it's worth mentioning that american soldiers often took japanese soldiers' skulls and used them as 'mascots' in their ships. it's quite disgusting. oh the flip side, maybe the internment camps are worth mentioning? it's up to you tho :)
    i know it takes a lot of courage to put yourself out here with a fierce piece like this, and i myself haven't managed to do it very well, so loads of respect to you! :) this is a brilliant brilliant piece. <33

replying: ofc you can, mia!!

OwO this is... yeah you go spittin venom gurl!!! yes, a lot of generalizations and 'exaggerated' metaphors were made but for a piece like this, something like that was absolutely needed and you pulled it off stunningly like wow. i love this thing. "my sister paints her nails patriotic colors & i want to drown them in acetone while she sleeps" yessss i love that so much. this could be an excellent diss track and you're speakin truth gosh. this is so fierce and powerful and damn this is so good. everyone needs to read this.
    *if there's one thing that kinda put me off a little though, it's the atomic bomb part. i have a WHOLE lot of qualms to pick with america about the handling of the end of ww2 but considering all that japan actually did in that war and what america was doing previously (firebombing tokyo?), i don't think it's completely fair to bring the bombs into the picture. i'm not excusing our actions, but looking at the whole of the pacific theater, it's a bit too grey. **again, just my opinion, so feel free to shoot me a comment back refuting whatever i said :)**
    loved this piece and all that it stood for. u go gurl. *fist bump