elliem

Apparently, I'm 17
Come to my feed for free hugs :)
Somebody run through castle ruins at midnight with me

Acting
Dancing
Singing
Ravenclaw/Hufflepuff
Petrichor
Soft girl/Dark academia mix
Virgo
ENFJ

WtW pixie

Reading this back, I sound really weird lol. *ahem*
Anyway.
Let me know if you do any of these things too! :)

#CharacterQuirks

11
    1. Whenever I go to highlight paper, I spend a *long* time deciding which colour to use, as if it's an absolutely crucial decision. (Which it is.)
    2. I like tucking my fingers into the sleeves of oversized hoodies so I can feel safe and warm.
    3. I have this habit of saying "um" before every answer, even if I know immediately what the answer is. I can't tell you how many people have laughed when they asked what my name is and I replied "um, Ellie." Bonus points if they call me "Um Ellie" from then on. (Which has happened.)
    4. I have glasses, but not prescription glasses, even though I have bad vision. I have prescription contacts for my vision and blue light glasses for screens to prevent headaches.
    5. I have to put on hand lotion every night before I go to bed, or else I'll have difficulty sleeping because I'll be worrying about my crusty asf skin (I'm kidding; I don't have dry skin but I worry I will if I don't put on me lotion). :(
    6. When I'm reading a book and I need to turn a page, I run my finger from the bottom to the top of the page before flipping it.
    7. I pick at my cuticles when I'm nervous. Like. A lot. I'd like to make an official apology to my cuticles, but that seems a little ridiculous.
    8. I talk to myself a lot, as if I was a different person. It's usually in my regular Canadian/American accent, but sometimes I'll surprise myself by suddenly talking to myself in an English, Irish, or Scottish accent.
    9. I love rain. I love it love it love it. I purposely go out when it's raining just to dance around and get wet. When the rain got so slick that the ground turned into a puddle about a week ago, I lay down on my back in the solid half-foot water and let the rain tickle my face. I can't get enough of the rain.
    10. I don't feel temperature normally. Either my nervous or autonomic system is screwed up (I also have low iron and low blood pressure so those could be contributors) but sometimes I feel the opposite temperature that I'm supposed to. My friends often wonder why I skip by in a crop top and jean shorts when there's a foot of snow around me, or why I'm not even mildly sweating in heatwaves. A couple winters ago, I tripped and fell in the snow, then was worried because it felt hot. Um. Let's not question that one. Anyway, I sort of consider it my superpower or something? Let me know if you get this too, because I feel like it's a really odd quirk.
This is for Anne Blackwood's new challenge #CharacterQuirks, where we explore our own quirks that define us and hopefully inspire more specific quirks for OCs. I really liked writing this! <3

• July 2, 2020 - 11:17am (Now Viewing)

replying: hahaha i love your comments doe :)
    i've heard mr. brightside and imagine dragons, thanks for the recommendations!

Replying: ohh, thanks!
    hahah glad to know I'm not the only one :D

Replying: of course!
    (also, have been sporadically reading Dawn of fog and glass and I'm really sorry that I only just got around to reading it :()

I'M LATE-
    i bookmarked this a long time ago but didn't read until now so sorry!!
    1, well that certainly explains the highlighter color question. highlighter colors are so pretty though! except for orange. ack and 2 YES sweater paws are so nice and comfy!! 4... i-what-actually i won't question. i've got bad vision too, cept i only use contacts for sports or formal events. they're literally draining, so i use prescription glasses more often. 7. ack, i'm always pushing my cuticles down or chewing my nails. my fingers look like crap now bc of that. 9. i love rain but... i feel like the difference between my 'like' is between a crush and soulmates lol. and 10... i'm gonna take your advice and just not.
    thank you for sharing your character quirks with us! it was super fun to read and nice to get to know you better!

• ~wildflower~

I totally relate to number 1. In grade 6, I had a minor (maybe not so much...) colour obsession (I used to jump up and down and basically scream with joy when we were allowed to do colouring in) and it became what I was known for in our grade! I’ve gotten better now, but I agree that choosing colours is an absolutely crucial decision. Unfortunately, this doesn’t partner well with my indecisiveness... hehe.

• batman_is_a_cracker

Replying: Oh no, fam, you're all good. Don't rush yourself. Because you have confirmed that you're entering, I'll extend the deadline for you if you need it. So there's no need to worry. I hope you're also having a nice day/night :)

• batman_is_a_cracker

Uhm Ellie... if you don't mind me asking... could you please review my piece "you grew up with the smell of cigarette smoke" for me? I'm thinking of entering it into a competition and I'd like some more feedback, please. You don't have to if you don't want to, of course. Sorry to bother you.

• mia_:)

lol i need a formal apology to my cuticles too . . . ;)

Okay that heat/cold thing is kinda cool but also maybe tell a doctor?? Idk maybe I'm just overprotective but you never know if that could mean something. Also I kinda want some of those blue light glasses. It's a teeny bit unfair that you described my challenge better in one sentence in your footnotes than I did in the entire post about it. Anyway, thanks for participating; I'm glad you enjoyed it!

i also talk to myself! #twinzies lol i promise im normal
    number 3 is meeee. people also always make fun of me when i say um before sauing what my name is lol

omg i do 6 ALL THE TIME and i thought i was the only oneee