Anne Blackwood

16
Theatre kid
Singer (soprano)
Poet
Twin (fraternal)
Spoonie
Disfusive
Highly Sensitive Person
Living oxymoron
Kindness Krusader: Blueberry cotton candy
XXFJ, Melancholic-Sanguine, ambivert

Joined 1/16/20

For everyone who's sat on a tree branch and thought for a while
Or someone who wanted to

Mom to FantasyOtter12, lochnessie, mindfruit, Rohan's Defender, & all
Sis to happy butterfly
birthdaycandles & happygiggles are my apple juice Jesus sisters

Dating Kristoff? He's got a reindeer, a good sense of self... He's got it all.

My profile picture is my "personal crest" I designed and commissioned.

"I was born singing. Most babies cry. I sang an aria."
~ Fairest (book) by Gail Carson Levine

Anxiety must-reads:
https://bit.ly/2YUyome
https://bit.ly/2TsNYSa
And pray. That's the only reason I'm free now.

#CharacterQuirks

22
  • When I get nervous/uncomfortable, I sometimes tug on my earlobe. I think I picked it up from a character on a TV show I used to watch. Which leads to the next quirk...
  • If I'm around a person a lot, I subconsciously adopt some of their mannerisms, whether it's a catchphrase, a gesture, or just about anything else. That means that my brother and I do a bunch of the same things.
  • It drives me CRAZY when people touch my bath towel, and I refuse to dry my hands on any other towel. I don't have many obsessive germ-avoiding tendencies, but I'm super strict on that one. If someone moves my towel, I know, because I always hang it the same way.
  • One of my biggest pet peeves is people having loose hairs on their clothing. Pet hair is fine, but human hair is so disturbing to me for some reason. I've gotten a lot better at ignoring it, but when people let me pick off the hair, it's oddly satisfying.
  • I talk to myself. Like way more than the average human being. And then I usually end up talking to myself about talking to myself, then laughing about it.
This is for my first challenge, #CharacterQuirks.
I made myself be completely transparent about all of the things I could think of, even the really weird ones, and I encourage all of you to do the same!

• July 2, 2020 - 10:08pm (Now Viewing)

• Gabriel Goodwin

replying: I have Facebook, excuse you HAHAHAHA But okay I see your point lmao the internet be a scary place, of course. I'll think about Padlet. And I'll inform on you on that if ever.

On a side note, what is Padlet? I checked it out and it looks like part Canva and part Edmodo (if you know that site), I don't know that's the first thing I thought of (so, like, an educational site ish for projects idk). BUT YEAH IT LOOKS INTERESTING!

• Ibex

That last one though... Has anything ever been more relatable?
    Absolutely love this piece.

you seem awesome! i also do the mannerisms thing! it's so funny! and talking to myself is the highlight of my evening i tell you.
    replying: Thank you anne!! i'm honestly not so cool as i roll with things, which might may me seem confident, really. i may get a dress, you've made me consider getting one <3. also australian surfer boy is just- i have no words.

• ava09 (sorta back)

i also talk to myself way more than is probably healthy (oops) and like others have said i'll do the british accent thing too for fun. :) maybe it is a writer thing like elliemccul said lol.

• Christy Wisdom

*gasp* I do that same exact thing!! I totally pick up those mannerisms or random phrases from people that I'm around all the time. I can't tell you how many times I've looked at my older brother (we act like twins but we ain't though) and we're sitting the exact same way.

• Gabriel Goodwin

replying: I do not have Padlet :(((( But I do have social media accounts if you're ever up for it :D And I'm fine, just busy lately because...*dun dun dunnnn* I HAVE SCHOOL NOW which is the big sads...

• Gabriel Goodwin

Mhmm, talking to myself 24/7 too, totally normal (right? hehe *nervous af*) You probably don't remember me cuz I vanished HAHAHA but hiiiii

• Cheshire Cat

also, I have a contest if ur interested

• Cheshire Cat

I totally feel like one and two

Yeah, I really relate to the second one! I've noticed some other people do it too...I think it's just a way humans try to fit in and not feel like they're outsiders.

we are literally the same person.i swear im not lying.THE FIRST ONE!!! i also tug on my earlobe when im nervous or uncomfortable.it kind of gets annoying coz my close friends can read me really well.I think i also got it from a show and now its stuck,i think it was called the lodge!?
    also the second one! if my friends say a phrase or word often i eventually start doing it too! like "dude" i never said that ,never really liked when people did but now i say it.i thought i was the only one.so like i felt embarassed but like now i see others do it too.
    i also hate it when people touch my towels and i just cant use others face towels it grosses me out.i think im kind of a germiphobe like to do with hygiene but like i dont mind dirt or mud sooo.also i do the exact same thing with the last one!
    this probaly seems so fake but i really relate to all these.now im wondering whats left to do for my one...hmmm lol

• Samina

I get the 2 and last one. In fact, all are relatable. the second one is so so common for me. If I hear a very fascinating word then I start using it a lot XD.

• EliathRose

@MuslimQueen06 Haha, glad I'm not the only one!

• CDWillson

*sweats in having long hair and it getting all over my clothes*

@EliathRose, lol, me too! Sometimes I'll randomly start speaking in a British accent. Sometimes, I'll even go Scottish. XD

• EliathRose

I talk to myself too!! Usually it’s in a British accent for no reason and my mom always comes in and asks who I’m on the phone with.

• elliem

I really like this idea! Don't worry, I talk to myself often too. I think it's a writer thing. :)

i’ve read somewhere that adopting someone’s mannerisms is really natural and common! my friends and i pick up on stuff from each other, and I even pick up mannerisms from celebrities I follow a lot. also, this seems so interesting! i’ll try to join in on it, but I’m not nearly interesting to read about.