sunny.v

she/her | asian | jester of wtw’s court
running off into the sunset with circe
est. april 27, 2020

sword-wielding protector of all minority groups | satire sorceress & heliocentric heroine

prose: sunnyv | ig: sunny.the.wordsmith

seriously. stop. tearing down other girls. if girls like to do their nails or like to wear mascara or go to the mall to buy clothes don't you DARE try to make yourself seem better by making them seem stereotypical and stupid. you can find yourself unique and different WITHOUT comparing yourself to other ladies who happen to behave a certain way. do NOT try me.

all that you are is plastic

28

you are born with your father’s last name, a lifeless maiden name clutched in your tiny fist. it feels like a brand. the rest of the world decides that it is all that you are.

because you’re a plastic little bimbo. you like smooth mascara and highlight dusted-cheeks. you like the way a polaroid with your friends makes your hair look. you like going to the mall and finding your name in the fitting rooms. you like yourself, maybe a little, and that’s never a good thing for girls like you.

you’re a ditzy attention-seeking airhead that only knows how to slip yourself into ripped jeans and cold-shoulder sweaters. you like crying at the cinema for a poorly made romance movie. you like mainstream songs playing from your earbuds. you like feeling good about the way you look and the way a short dress makes you feel. 

but you’re not smart. not in the slightest. you don’t speak your mind because there’s nothing particularly useful on it. you’re everything teenage girls should avoid being, because you’re the worst thing they could possibly be. you will never be taken seriously, and other girls would do right to shame you. 

you do not walk into a classroom and expect to walk out with the highest test score. you do not walk into a work environment and expect bare minimum respect for the effort that you’ve given. you do not expect to be seen as well-spoken, articulate, or intellectual. 

because you’re a silly little teenage girl. and you should only expect to be treated as all that you are.

that is: you’re plastic. you’re a plastic little bimbo.
-i came out the womb and i didn’t drink milk from the baby bottle i drank “respect women” juice instead and in short please donate to my campaign together we can make america great vote for—
-i’m honestly sick of people labeling mainstream teenage girl behavior as “plastic” or “stupid”. if a girl likes to wear makeup or go to the mall, news flash, it doesn’t lower her iq and it doesn’t make u any less of an incel. stereotypical teenager girl behavior is shamed and labeled as stuff that other girls shouldn’t want to be like if they want to break out of the norm. and it shouldn’t be like that. you should act however/like whatever you want and still be able to be seen as a capable and intelligent girl. 
-i’m obviously not saying “waaah all girls should act like this” i’m saying “if girls act like this don’t you DARE try to demean their abilities.” be however you like! but don’t tear down other ladies. *drops mic*

• August 1, 2020 - 10:35pm (Now Viewing)

• best at procrastinating

This is a very important and powerful message that too many people ignore. I'm glad I read this piece, it really did change my perspective.

Replying: Thank you so much! That means a lot to me. Yep, you’re right, those were kanji. :)

• kealoha

This is soooo good, absolutely true! Wonderful job writing this :D

• birthdaycandles

*applauds* I don’t know what other to say than “yes!” Such a passionate piece, good job!

• poetri

ex. act. ly.
    literally i struggled so much with loving fashion and still wanting to seem intelligent, ever since i dyed my hair i've noticed people do treat me different (and not in a good way) and like what...is that stigma even? like it doesn't even make sense but ugh yes anyway this is so wonderful and made me feel all the feels, thank you for it queen <3

• mia_:)

replying: Yeah I was just thinking that but I know that some people might not agree. The last thing I want to do is stir up trouble :/

• A Rose

Hi have you seen the movie Booksmart? You'd love it as much as I do. It has a pretty stereotypical teenage girl character but lets her be whole!!!

• The Midnight One

No please don't unpublish this! This is such a good, important message that NEEDS to be seen! And my gosh, that ending... Wow, amazing work as always, Sunny!

Replying: ya, same. At least for the flu, there is a vaccine for it. For COVID-19, there is no vaccine (yet)

dude how is this poorly written? if this is poorly written ,my work is rubbish lol
    i totally stand with you.
    "don’t speak your mind because there’s nothing particularly useful on it. " i dont know what you meant to say with this but it kind of struck a chord in me.in a way that sometimes im scared of sharing my opinions or things i know because im scared im not smart enough or as good as others.So wow i just really love that line.
    also i relate to this piece in the sense that like in school im very talkative and hyper and i feel as though people might see me as the outgoing kid but kind of see it in a way that "oh she's really talkative and loud so she doesnt work hard". and like being the younger sibling ,the teachers always compare me to my sister coz shes so clever but quiet at school.So i feel as though im seen as not really hardworking or smart and it gets to me.sorry for the rant.i just thought you'de like to see that people identify with this in all ways and you should not take it down! hmph! :)

• Vinter Vejen

oh this is so so good! ' you like yourself, maybe a little, and that’s never a good thing for girls like you.' this hits so hard. also what are you trying to do! dont un-publish it. i still have my friendly poking stick. i can poke you through the screen to convince you. i will poke you. so dont you dare, you
    also cockatoos are clever, bright, and lovely with a sunny colored crest ;) its perfect for you.

Sunnyyyyyy you cannot unpublish this!
    It's incredible and has such an important message about femininity. It's sort of a callback to 'little girl your lace is not a weapon' right? The central messages and themes are once again *chef's kiss* with the way you've expressed them here.
    (also, Pravartika has too much self-respect to ask you this, so as her cynical younger sister, please dm her on ig when you can hahah)

this is so important! i’m tired of people saying that femininity inherently equals being worse or lesser than others, it’s such a toxic and harmful mindset and i love how this delivers that message!

Girl, you were born to write! This is absolutely stunning! I love this piece so much, it's so powerful and just, wow I'm speechless! Outstanding work! :)

• inanutshell

great message, think we all could benefit from reading this tbh. also 'you like yourself, maybe a little, and that’s never a good thing for girls like you' !!! cannot coherently comment rn but just know that i really love this <3

• pineapples

replying: first of all, you are too kind, omg aaa thank you thank you for the kind words.
    and also, about the unfollowing and following thing, we love a good dance with the ipad lol :)

• asta

(also your pfp is the cutest!!!)

• asta

"you like yourself, maybe a little, and that’s never a good thing for girls like you."--aaaaaaAAAHHHHHHHHH I LOVE THIS! this whole piece just has a lingering sort of bitterness to it, and it feels a bit like a continuation of little girl, your lace is a weapon. and i love that detail of how even our maiden names aren't truly ours, but given to us by our fathers, and wow we really don't get to own anything huh :///

Replying: Haha it's totally fine just a thing lol

don't unpublish this that's an order *me ordering you around despite the half inch (which i'll get back) and few years you have on me* HMPH!
    god, you really should write satire more often because THIS *points aggressively at piece* is fricking amazing. it's sort of a commentary on 'i'm not like other girls' too, like, wow. this is fricking... that's a darn beautiful dagger you have there!
    the opening line was so powerful... gosh, the dead maiden name and the fact that we usually take our fathers' names... it's a wonderful opening to the main theme of this piece. "you like yourself, maybe a little, and that’s never a good thing for girls like you." YES PREACH QUEEN YES. what i've been trying to put to words has just been encapsulated fearlessly by you just WOW.
    brain cells kinda fried rn but like, the way you repeat 'you're just a plastic little bimbo' (gives off 'i'm a little fat girl' vibes from that one comedy segment ngl) but wow, that's just the epitome of satire right there and honestly just WOW because you always say what needs to be said in the most beautiful stunning (smashes thesaurus down) AMAZING WAY AND *cough* i just really fricking like this ok. my daily dose of respect women juice made by sunny.v three michelin stars (do they give those for juice stands???) and yeah. this good. this very very good. will come back to reread. needed this bit of rightful satirical calling out anger thing to kickstart me through my night. will reread this like drinking coffee bc same effects. i'm on an emotional from reading dang good pieces but i will . be. back. <3333 love youuuu
    ps. how are beaches and coconut husks treating you ;) nice nice nice vacay???

K this is weird but I saw your comment that said "ethnicity check boxes on tests have always made me wonder about if other students with less straight forward lineages than i grow frustrated." and the answer is a petty yes XD. Like it doesn't really make me mad, it just annoys me. I first really noticed it when I was taking surveys for a scholarship site thing, and it tries to see what surveys you qualify for with basic questions like age and race, and 96.5339% of the time, Middle Eastern just doesn't exist lol. Or it asks what ethnicity you identify with most, and I'm like... it's not just one?? Haha, I'm guessing you weren't expecting someone to answer, but merp.

• naomi ling

YESS sunny’s comeback is straight fire i’m here for it and this message is gold

• Anlee

"you are born with your father’s last name, a lifeless maiden name clutched in your tiny fist. it feels like a brand. the rest of the world decides that it is all that you are." wow that hit hard from the beginning T~T
    replying: yesss i also stan nct <3 my fav unit is dream and my biases are haechan (his voice is so attractive), mark (yay something in common), and jisung (maybe I have a thing for guys called jisung XD)