fatpanda

hopefully won't be back (much) until i have completed campnanowrimo

not proofread, sorry for typos

in which i tell you a little bit about my ocs

PROMPT: Mad Libs

8
ncuti is a sixteen-year-old voracious daydreamer who lives in her mind, for the most part. known for asking absurdly poetic questions and replying to them herself in an absurdly poetic way, she wants nothing more than to explore the place she has created in her mind, along with her best friend. she pretends to be nothing she is not, but sometimes she’s afraid that she comes across as too whimsical. ncuti’s biggest fear is that space and art will stop conversing with her. what ncuti needs is someone who can understand and love her despite how blabbery she can get; the biggest thing getting in the way is her own negative opinion of people around her, and the fact that what she desires most is hidden in plain sight.

rayna is a seventeen-year-old girl, though no one actually knows her age, who lives in the moment, even if she hates how cliche it sounds. known for being crazily intimidating and a no-nonsense person, she wants nothing more than to travel her lonesome way across all the dangerous places on earth (by which she means the big cities, for the most part) (and okay, waterfalls and wilderness, too). she pretends to be unbreakable, when in fact, inside, she really feels like assuming that facade is really draining, and that she’d enjoy her life a lot more if she were allowed to drop it. rayna’s biggest fear is abandonment. what rayna needs is a reprieve; the biggest thing getting in the way is her own distrust of everyone she meets.

idk is a sixteen-year-old human, who lives in whatever place she feels she is most needed (which is generally by ncuti’s side). known for being stupidly funny (sometimes mildly offensive) and a bubbly personality, she wants nothing more than to lay under the stars until they fall into her hands, along with a partner. she pretends to be all-knowing and very educated on all matters, when in fact, inside, she really feels easily replaceable and not valuable. idk’s biggest fear is that the person who is writing her character will never be able to find a suitable name for her, and that she’ll be called the unfortunate substitution ‘idk’ across all of the rather poorly written novella. what idk needs is a proper gotdamn name; the biggest thing getting in the way is the indecisiveness of the person writing her.
i had started writing my novella at the beginning of the lockdown, and was about 7000 words in when my computer crashed. but that was great, because i hated the way i was approaching the story, so i started writing again about five days ago and i think i'm about 2.5k words in. i'm moving at a snail's pace but it do be like that.
also i lost the map i had spent SO long on so that's a little pissy
(yes, ncuti from sex education; yes, rayna from hoo)

• July 1, 2020 - 7:12am (Now Viewing)

idk is the biggest mood ever. also LOL i can totally relate about naming my OCs. when i can’t decide on a name i just kinda have this kid’s face and personality floating around with no tag. they’re just kinda...there. your ocs r so cute!~

ncuti is so relatable to me! and also naming a character "idk" when you don't know their name, if that isn't the biggest mood. i loved reading abt your OCs, they sound so interesting!
    replying: i absolutely love the killers, "all these things that i've done" and "read my mind" are some of my favorite songs of all time. i've been meaning to listen to bikini kill for the longest time, do you have recommendations on where to start w/them?

• Wicked!

These characters seem really cool! I can't even tell you how much time I've wasted looking for character names lol. All the best with your novella :)

• purplepanache

these were delightful to read panda. ngl i could relate to 'idk' for some reason lmao.

• inanutshell

your characters honestly sound amazing, ncuti is so me haha. also was wondering if those names were from sexed & hoO and i'm glad to see i was right, love both namesakes!! hope you manage to find a name for 'idk', she sounds lovely :)

• CrazyNinjaKid

actual love these ocs so god damn much

these sound like really charming ocs! idk is a fricking mood yes. these sound like really fleshed out characters and idk (huehue) if we'll see more of them on here but i'd love to see more of them! name inspirations Owo. novella writing is a special kind of hell. keep plowing! *shoves novel i've been working on but procrastinating on behind my back*
    replying: i don't have an ao3 account (the invitation thing makes it sound like an exclusive club or smth) but the tag filtering system is crazy convenient so....