erin!

叶安灵 // 16, 2022 // she-her-hers
hey hey

likes to write about feelings. also loves to listen to music, go on runs, and make smoothies!

thank you for 80(!!!!), i <3 you

a little bit about me

16
I. my name is erin lynn,
based on my chinese name,
ye an ling.
peaceful, clever, daughter of the leaves.
my mother almost named me ann,
but feared i'd turn out boring.
i almost wish i was duller.

II. i come from three different worlds.
just like i have two names, i change tongues between
home and the outside world.
this white long island town knows nothing about shanghai summers,
the ones i might have lived through had Baba and Mama not made the move
all those years ago.
the third world is inside my own head,
swirling colors and creative pursuits;
i am admittedly a spazz.

III. i am obsessed with learning languages.
at the age of five i got thrown into a spanish classroom,
y ahora hablo español con la fluidez de de un río.
i speak mandarin with my family and english with my friends and in this way
i keep my life neatly inside boxes,
minimal spillage to be seen.
in school i take latin,
quod lingua latina est lingua materi.
this summer i am learning french,
pourquoi est une langue très belle.
i'm also learning python
print("because it too is a language")
and i'm fluent in treble, tenor, and bass clefs.

IV. speaking of music,
it lives in my soul.
it doesn't matter if you're johannes bach, tupac, or chance the rapper;
of you have the soul i want to hear it.
(my spotify is erin.lynn.ye, share yours in the comments <3)
i play the cello and the piano and
while i'll never be yo yo ma or lang lang,
i've been told i really feel it when i play
and i do.

V. my exercises of choice are distance running and race walking.
my favorite food is sweet potato.
i love making smoothies.
i've kept a journal everyday since the seventh grade.
i'm mildly boy obsessed but continuously disappointed hahaha
on my left hand, my thumb looks like a toe. my other thumb is normal!
it took me a while to get here, but i'm fiercely proud of my identity and finally ready to share my stuff.
for a year and a half i lived in hong kong! i miss it terribly.
thank you for making me feel so welcome already <3.
I figured I needed a way to introduce myself and network, so my oh my here we are!

• July 1, 2020 - 10:25am (Now Viewing)

• jun lei

salve! mihi nomen est jun lei. laeta sum tibi occurrere. and that's where my basic latin flees. welcome to wtw!

welcome to wtw! i'm also a musician (i play flute, guitar, and i'm learning mandolin), but i only know treble cleff unfortunately :/ it's really impressive that you know all those languages!

replying: you are ever so welcome! <3 and haha, well, i love the community back! also, your ig is adorable as well. again: let me know if you need anything!! ^-^

• poetri

"i am admittedly a spazz." me too sis, me too.
    i'm riley, lovely to meet you dear <3 welcome to our little corner of the internet. if you need help with anything, feel free to ask. oh also this was the best introduction i think i've seen on here in a while, you seem very talented and i can't wait to see what you do next.

hi, i'm Butterfly! (not allowed to use my real name lol) welcome to wtw! you seem super sweet.Happy to have you here! if you need help feel free to ask me.I've been here for about 2 or 3 months-can't remember, and its just such a great site with so much support.I hope you enjoy yourself!

• EliathRose

Ah, I love this format and the way you introduced yourself. You seem like a really cool person! My Spotify is @Eabbug :)

• inanutshell

hi, welcome to wtw! this is a really great way of introducing yourself, you seem really cool omg :o hope you have a great time here on wtw, and reach out to anyone if you ever need anything! :)

• rosemarywisdom

Hi there Erin! It's nice to meet you and welcome to WtW! I'm Rose, and if you have any questions or need any help with anything, drop me a line and I'll reply quickly. Hope you have a good experience here and I'm sure you'll gain a following pretty quickly! <3

• ava09

this is a beautiful introduction piece...welcome to wtw! <3 "mildly boy obsessed" is relatable lol especially the "continuously disappointed" bit haha. both of your names are pretty (my mandarin name is ma ai wa- i'm not chinese but i'm learning mandarin...it's so hard though i'm not very good lol) and it's so cool how you're learning/have learned that many languages. my spotify is bluewolf09. can't wait to see what else you write here! :) <3

Welcome to WtW Erin! I'm Anoushka and if you have any questions or anything just comment on any of my pieces. This was such a unique and lovely way to introduce yourself, I can tell you have some serious talent.

welcome to wtw *bows* i feel like you're going to get big very very quickly... yes, like said below, very nice introductory piece! i look forward to what you'll write in the future ;)
    *me being confused and googling what the difference between a tenor and an alto clef is.
    tips and tricks for new wtw-ers by our queen Dmoral13
    https://bit.ly/346L7BB
    <3

• avoiding the big bang

this poem is wonderful! a nice little introduction, both conversational and poetic, a very impressive balance. i can't wait to read more of your work!

• Anlee

welcome! feel free to ask me (even though i've only been on here for 2 weeks haha) or any other writers for help or advice :D

nice to meet you, love!! i’m sunny :) let me know if you need help navigating the site! we’re glad to have you here—you seem really talented, and it’s not everyday such a talented newbie comes along. <3

• mia_:)

Nice to meet you! I'm Mia, so glad you've joined our community! :)