erin!

you must have lost your marbles, you always were so forgetful.
叶安灵 // 2022

likes to write about feelings. also loves to listen to music, go on runs, and make smoothies!

i have a website (!): www.erinwritesessays.weebly.com

some kind of character study

PROMPT: Mad Libs

10
Jealousy is a wicked old thing, who lives in the minds of teenage girls. Known for being oppressive and unproductive, she wants nothing more than to tear down others for pursuing dreams she herself also holds. She pretends to be nonchalant, when in fact, inside, she really feels sick with anger. Jealousy’s biggest fear is her name being overshadowed by those of others, her competition increasing as she is drowned out by sound. What Jealousy needs is therapy; the biggest thing getting in the way is her inability to the see the good in herself.

• poetri

wow--lovely take. so unique and yesss lets be friends queen

• AutumnRain

what an interesting take on personifying jealousy, can’t say that feeling has been foreign to me all the time, I think we’ve all experienced it at least a few times in life, but I think the last line is what I take away most from this “the biggest thing getting in the way is her inability to see the good in herself” such a powerful statement to end with, well done!

• batman_is_a_cracker

Is it weird how I feel called out but also calm at the same time? Like, it's good to know that I'm not the only person in the world who gets green with envy from time to time?? XD This is a really great piece. I love your take on jealousy.

• fatpanda

wow this is definitely a take i didn't anticipate. i really like it!!

• naomi ling

you are so welcome! i myself am not a WTW veteran by any means; several sweet WTWers welcomed me so genuinely that i decided to stay and i hope this can ring true for you too! first pro tip: when responding to a comment such as mine below, go to that person's most recent piece and comment "replying: [your message]" that way, the person will get the notification!
    ex.
    replying: thank you so much! i'm glad that line wasn't as convoluted as i thought

• erin!

thank you so much for you kind words, and thank you for your kind welcome ;)!!

• naomi ling

this is so lovely! "Jealousy’s biggest fear is her name being overshadowed by those of others, her competition increasing as she is drowned out by sound." wow. hi, i'm naomi, and a big welcome to WTW. let me know if you have any questions <333