outoftheblue

est. april 2020
15, old soul?
indie rock enthusiast (i'd love to hear your recommendations!)
really just a tall bean with a lot of opinions
"I am going to make it through this year, if it kills me"- the mountain goats, this year.

IMPORTANT:
Police Brutality In India Deserves Your Attention
https://bit.ly/3dBxv5r

Sign this petition to arrest the police officers involved:
http://chng.it/zJDNpxTZ

GUIDES
New here and need help with WtW? Read this! - https://bit.ly/346L7BB

rainandsonder's guide to reviewing- https://bit.ly/3g8uTxF

how to enter a user-hosted contest- https://bit.ly/3i8cQtt

poetri's citations and plagiarisms piece:
https://bit.ly/2MwMeDQ

Please only review if you have feedback!

has no time for your ignorance
BLM
ACAB
that said, always up for reply chain conversations :)

"i hope the next decision you make brings you happiness" <3- chrysanthemums&ink

#giveusbackourwords

formerly anoushka1705

aw 100+ followers? (loving this community, addressing recent developments and reviews!)

30
hello, hello, hello all you beautiful people! it's been a whilee since i've written one of these informal writing posts. i'd like to begin by thanking every single one of you. truly, that cliched, bouncy orange dot at the edge of my notifications bar makes me so giddy...till i see that it's a wtw announcement (kidding, kidding, please don't take this down wtw admin reading this, thanks for all you do!) i was originally planning on doing an appreciation post, a lovely challenge started by the goddess that is jun lei but decided against it, since there's so many of y'all i admire, and i've also been talking to some new people,(not necessarily new users, but those i haven't interacted with before) which has been pretty enlightening and heckin' fun, so i didn't want to leave anyone out! (but that doesn't mean you shouldn't)

first and foremost, with regards to the amount of gratitude and support i've received for my police brutality in India piece, thank you all so, so much. i was apprehensive about posting it initially, but i'll be damned if i didn't use the small platform that i have to raise awareness. the petition has about 62,000 signatures now, so if you signed thank you! although the situation unfortunately hasn't improved in the days since i originally wrote that piece; as the officers haven't been arrested yet, i have faith in the citizens of this country who will not let this go unnoticed. this fight is far from over.

additionally, a certain user had made very ignorant and borderline racist comments in one of their posts, to which many of us responded. this user then went on to comment hateful things about the black lives matter movement on my police brutality piece, which was unnerving and exhausting to respond to. thankfully, they have since deleted those comments. shoutouts to sunny.v and A Rose for helping me with that :) this is also where i'd like to mention my intense love for this community. whenever there's anything ignorant or hateful that someone posts, we respond to it with such class, honesty and perseverance that even a sliver of hate does not remain. (okay, that definitely sounded better in my head) y'all are incredibly supportive and heartwarming and i'm so glad i joined WtW. and to those that want us to just "be united", please understand that we're only trying to educate this user and not attack them in the least. unity can only be achieved when every party listens to both sides of the argument, which clearly wasn't the case here.

and finally, my way of thanking all of you- free reviews! i need to get better at giving specific feedback while writing reviews, and a detailed review is always a delight to get, so it's a win-win!  anyone, you don't have to be a follower, who needs a review- please link your piece in the comments and i'll get to them when i can! (only one per user please)

thank you all again!

• July 4, 2020 - 12:08pm (Now Viewing)

• Landofstories

Replying: Thank you so much for welcoming me! Your tip was super helpful because I was quite confused about that! Again, thank you so much!

1 day ago
  • Wicked!

Replying: ah thanks man :)

• Wicked!

Replying: alright my dude you're making me more conscious than you realise lol. This wasn't all advice, just a tiny rant about the bittersweet relationship I have with my age lmao. I need to apply in less than a month and I still am not completely sure about what I'm going to study so uhm. Also ugh I was hoping that no one really sees that 'about us' page man my bio and picture are both embarrassingly stupid -_-

• Wicked!

Replying: ahaha don't give much thought to it—I seldom feel as old as I am, and honestly, anyone who knows me irl would agree that I definitely don't behave like I'm as old either. It definitely is a weird age—I thought that people my age have their future sorted and everything but damn. I definitely don't. So yeah. I don't love my age either lmao. So anyway, my point is—don't feel conscious about it lol. (Also it's okay lmao don't feel stupid.)

• Wicked!

Replying: um, which results?

• Wicked!

Replying: hm well there's the musical too. Also, the piece about English in India (if you remember) has been put on hold. Thank procrastination as well as my unsatisfaction with the first half of it that I've written.

• Wicked!

Replying: ah well the username is supposed to mean 'awesome!' and definitely not 'evil.' I did eventually realise that 'evil' is most probably the first thing it reminds one of, but then I didn't really want to change it, bc it does create confusion. So yes, I'm stuck with a stupid username. And I've nothing to hide, m'lady--not answering the Q&A is just plain procrastination. I'd actually started working on the answers, but too late lol.

• Wicked!

Replying: I'm mysterious? Well, I didn't think so lol. What makes you think that?

• Wicked!

I was looking at the comments on my Q&A post and saw that we started talking exactly two weeks ago and ughh you're really nice and sweet ily

• Wicked!

Replying: yeah well it's not a lot actually, but our country's economy is seeing some acche din so the currency conversion rate helps.

• Chloe :) <3

Congrats!! Proud to be a follower
    Replying: Contest Results are Out! https://writetheworld.com/groups/1/shared/178685/version/356929

• AutumnRain

replying: ah i'm sad to say i've not yet been to see galway in the flesh, but i have a friend that comes from there and she loves it, it looks quite old in some parts and it's a very authentic little place, that's like most of Ireland i suppose though. the best thing about living here is that a beach is usually never too far away when the island is surrounded by water and i just love the beach so it's perfect! as for what happened in the north i'd recommend looking for a brief history video on youtube, there are lots of them, and it would take me forever to explain all that happened! but it is quite interesting! and girl- of course we're talking cookies, shortbread, fig rolls whatever you like, i've brought the whole biscuit tin!

• AutumnRain

p.s congratulations on your followers i'm so proud of you! ;'( (happy tears)

• AutumnRain

replying: oh anoushka!!!! i hadn't realised you'd changed your username until i scrolled through your published pieces and recognised your writing! thank you so much for your comment on my piece, if you ever have any questions or wonderings about Ireland, you are most welcome to ask me and pick my brain if you like lol, i'd be more than keen to encourage your interest in Ireland :) the history is actually really interesting, especially with what happened in the North and the conflict that still exists here to an extent. i'm so glad you liked the piece, and so happy i've found you with your beautiful new username! lots of hugs and biscuits - autumn

Congrats, congrats, congrats on 100+ followers! I am so sorry to hear that someone would comment something hateful on your piece. I hope you feel better. congrats again!

• fatpanda

replying: yes! i love the soundtrack-- what kind of music do you like to listen to?

• avoiding the big bang

congrats! you deserve every follower.

• Lone Wolf

yaaaas girl <3 congratulations! you deserve every. single. one. of your followers, and nobody can tell you any different :) *clinks glass* here's to many more! you're an amazing writer! much love :3

• Eblinn

Congrats!! You deserve it so much. I'm grateful for writers like you in this community, kind hearts, beautiful writing and spreading awareness. And the announcements, yeah, I get that :)

• EliathRose

I love how we all bond over the frustration of WtW announcements. Ugh, I love this writing community so much. Everybody here is so willing to stick up for what they believe in, and aren't afraid to help others understand their point of view. Love you all so much!

• books4life

You are amazing!!! :) If you want to, you can review any piece you want, any is appreciated and respected! Have a great day :D

• Busssy.Beee

Hey! congrats on 100!!! You deserve every single one!!! :)

• Wicked!

Replying: oh okay, that's new lol but I'm glad!

• asta

thank YOU for all you do for this community, and congratulations! you deserve every single one!

• Wicked!

Ah yayay congratulations! Also, the ignorance in some of the comments here is so freaking ridiculous; let me know if you want me to deal with it.

• Pravartika Wankhede

this bs needs to be dealt with. 'happens to be muslim', 'unicorns and fairies' and 'modiji is good' are such utopian phrases. AHHHH. also anou people against simple humanity dont just have 'different opinions'. they do what they do purposely. they need to be called out and stopped.

• inanutshell

congrats! thank you for all the work you do!! insane that someone would comment hateful things on a piece advocating for change, that really sucks & I'm glad you guys managed to tackle their hate.

• fatpanda

ooh i love that bouncy thing. i disabled my announcements long ago lmao congrats on a hundred, that's big!!!!
    isaac makes me lose it, maeve deserves better

replying: LOLLL THANK YOU GIRLIE <3 i wanted an actual gal in my pfp this time since i usually just have flowers...and I think this pfp matches my vibe? hehe yes ma’am asian excellence and spring cleaning!!!! *mwah* <3

• spurtsofdarkness

Oh my god I haven’t even read three lines and I need to comment! I relate sooooo much with the *whispers* announcements

• A Rose

Congrats!!!!! & Of course, anytime. Gotta do what I can to exterminate hate.

• best at procrastinating

Congrats on over 100 followers! Thank you for the message in your message from writer box, I seriously appreciate it. Even though we're in different countries, it's important worldwide right now.

your strength in the face of adversity is admirable and you did the right thing bringing awareness to such a pertinent issue in your country. thank you for helping us remove a certain user's bigoted opinions and frankly hateful and ignorant comments. congrats on 100+ followers!

• The Moving Finger Writes

Hey, congrats on 100!! It’s really well deserved, and I have no idea why I wasn’t already following you!
    If I could get a review on this piece, that would be great: https://writetheworld.com/groups/1/shared/170711/version/337204

Also, I have a music recommendation! Do you listen to Jukebox the Ghost? They’re kind of poppy, especially as you get farther into their albums, but they’re really good. Definitely check them out if you haven’t :)

i’m sorry about that user’s comments on your piece, that’s just an awful thing to have to deal with, but congratulations on hitting one hundred followers!

Congratulations!!!! You deserve each and every follower and more!!! You're writing is absolutely outstanding and admirable. I'm extremely grateful that I get to be amongt writers like you! :)

oK so i had almost a secondhand identity crisis until i realized you had changed your username! congrats on 100+ followers (me an idiot almost typing 'subscribers' lol) but yasss queen you deserve all of them and more for your beautiful beautiful writing and more recently, your article on police brutality in India. i was previously unaware of this issue, so thank you for writing such an informative piece on it! things need to change everywhere, and you're taking the first step <3
    *me: muting wtw notifs from the start (haha i chose to not get any messages from them) just sitting here like OwO.
    love you <333333 congrats on 100+!!!!

• rainydayz

Thank you for using your voice to speak out against injustice! If you don't get too many, i'd love to hear what you think of my piece An Unexpected Feeling
    I really admire your work and congrats on over 100 followers

*you are so so lovely URGH

LOL the wtw announcements...whenever I see and orange dot i’m like owo? and then i click and it’s like WTW HAS MADE AN ANNOUNCEMENT T^T.
    also hehe the shoutout. y’all kids better not be naughty while i’m on vacation *slides sunglasses down my face menacingly*. thank you so much anoushka for talking about such serious matters with so much class and sensitivity: a lack of empathy and selfishness can’t be tolerated. and “unity” doesn’t do much for progressive movement. when prioritizing peace over change, it harms those that need change the most. anyways. congrats my dearest dearest anoushka! you see so so so lovely and i’m so glad to have such a close friend in you. my Wtw bestie squad is made of powerful ladies. mwah mwah <3 here’s to 100 more followers that will love your lovely, fierce, and powerful writing! <3 <3 hugs and kisses.

• Doodleninja

congrats on 100 followers you amazing writer you! You definitely deserve it.
    (also tysm for that comment on "he will defy" XD)
    also, if ya got time, I'd love a review on this piece: