The Campbell's Kid

INFP
Hardcore Ambivert
Artist
Writer
Virgo
In Love With Animation
Gravity Falls
Steven Universe
SVTFOE
Stay Soupy
<3

This is just some poetry type word vomit I wrote last night about my life. It's a little bit rough, so as always, make sure to comment down below how you think this piece could improve! Stay soupy <3

I'm Bleeding Flower Crowns And Painted Ukuleles

7
When my lanky fingers press shuffle on the indie chill radio / my soul starts to ache and shatter for an invisible ghost / I begin writing words to my dance around this certain feeling / that I can’t seem to put into simple terms / or spell in cold alphabet soup

I was born bleeding / umbilical cord wrapped tight around my neck / my newborn skin sliced to ribbons / as my mother wept and began to die away / sentences and repetition / the only things that kept her going / I will hold my baby boy

I’ve been in love for way too long / kindergarten playgrounds shot cupid's arrow / it fell from the sky upon my chest / and suddenly I was lost / tied fast to a girl I had just met / an unbreakable bond destined to last a lifetime

I am still bleeding / pressured by this society / holding knives against my throat / and tying me down with heavy drapery / to old ideals / and outdated ideas of masculinity

Let my body lie / in open fields at sunset / a fresh daisy flower crown / sitting on my head / ukulele strumming / with my beating heart / and I will dream of the girl I have loved / as I write my own definition / of what a man has to be

But as of now I still feel homesick / still feel heartsick / still feel lost in the stars / but I know when I die / someone new will start searching / for the certain feeling that comes / when you press shuffle on the indie chill radio

• June 30, 2020 - 9:18am (Now Viewing)

• Happy butterfly

oh my gosh you are so talented!
    "When my lanky fingers press shuffle on the indie chill radio / my soul starts to ache and shatter for an invisible ghost" I love indie songs and i feel that you just worded this so beautifully, like the part "my soul starts to ache and shatter for an invisible ghost! that is just perfection.
    "someone new will start searching / for the certain feeling that comes / when you press shuffle on the indie chill radio" this is so sweet and serene?!! I guess.
    amazing piece

1 day ago