fatpanda

this isn't proofread lads, i worked on this for two and a half hours instead of studying for the three maths test i had due on friday

q&a answers!

16
by  t r a l a l a

favorite color?
green, particularly the forest shades.

by mia_:)

favorite season?
we don’t really have seasons here where i live-- it’s mainly hot, and not-quite-as-hot with a bit of monsoon in between. but i love how my neighbourhood looks during february and march.

what superpowers would you like to have?
superpowers sound weirdly freaky, but super-smartness wouldn’t hurt, according to the half brain cell i have.

physical appearance?
i’m average heighted and have the word ‘queer’ tattooed across my forehead.

favorite movie (genre)?
i’m a basic bitch; rom-coms, though i do love mysteries.

describe your personality?
an ironic uwu who cracks horrible puns.

from Anne Blackwood
if you could live anywhere in the word disregarding finances, where would you choose?
a smol (actually quite big) city in india called chandigarh because childhood memories (and really pretty houses!)

the weirdest dream you’ve had?
i don’t dream quite as much now, but a lot of my dreams revolved around my phobias (eyes and dogs, mainly).

if you’ve taken any personality psychology assessments, what were your results?
the career counselling website i used conducted the myers-briggs test, and i got infp! i have taken the enneagram test twice online, but i keep forgetting my results lmao

favorite animal?
my younger brother

from jun lei

picture yourself ten years in the future, living the life you’ve always dreamed. what is it?
hopefully, i’m not depressed anymore; i live in a rented apartment either alone or with some friends, have recently started my first salaried job, and have a master’s degree from a good college.

favorite poet?
honestly speaking, i don’t read a lot of poetry outside wtw. sometimes, i go through poets’ feeds on instagram, but not enough to be substantial. i don’t think i have read/heard enough works to give a genuine answer to this question.

from samina

your favorite youtube channel?
my youtube feed is consists only of wlw tiktok compilations, and sometimes i watch fan-edits, but i love ashley aka bestdressed.

name one thing you’d take with yourself if you were stranded on an island.
a phone with a working connection so i could call someone to come pick me up, probably.

from ursa

what mistakes or stylistic choices bother you the most when reading other people’s writing?
it’s hard to read through improper grammar, especially with dialogue tags. poetry-wise, i hate it when writers emphasise words that carry no weight like  t h i s

are there any themes, aesthetics, or phrases you can’t really shake, in writing or otherwise?
i think i write a lot about death? about how someone has done something they regret/irredeemable, or just plain melancholy loneliness. i actually made a list of words i’m not allowed to use a while back, because they appeared in literally every single piece i wrote. other than that, i really like the dark academic or ~gay~ aesthetic. (i got bangs after the Realization and wear my ripped jeans with my t-shirt tucked in)

what timeline do you really belong in?
i long to be a woman in victorian britain fighting in the suffragette movement, sneaking out to be with my girls, refusing to marry a man and then live with my best friend in a cottage til we both die. (hint: she’s not really my best friend)

from Anha:

tell me your opinion, why do we write postcards?
i haven’t started writing postcards yet, but if i ever do, i think it would be because it’s cute that you want to share that particular memory someone you love, especially if you’re living through it in that given moment.

do you prefer poetry or prose?
poetic prose, i think.

would you rather wake up in a world where you know nothing but can live happily, or be stranded in the wilderness with little chance of successfully returning to civilization?
some happiness sounds nice, so the former. also, the wilderness terrifies me.

describe the view from your bedroom window.
according to city standards, the view from my bedroom window is beautiful. the road it faces has been closed off since about five years due to landslides, so there’s no vehicular traffic. it’s slightly overgrown (in the way concrete roads can be), and it’s more or less blanketed with dried leaves (or wet ones, because it’s monsoon right now). trees line both sides and they create that wonderful canopy effect, the vibes are great.

why did you choose your username in the way you did?
thirteen-year-old me thought that it looked quirky; obviously, i have changed a lot.

favorite holiday?
i went to leh-ladakh a couple years ago, and we managed to reach there a couple weeks before the peak tourist season. best food i’ve ever had, best sights i’ve ever seen, best overall experience. here’s a piece a wrote about part of it.

would you rather have an international road trip with lots of friends or one special person?
one with lots of friends! nothing trumps singing ugly-ass tunes with your gang and making fun of each other. i love being loud when i’m with my people, and i love how crazy we can get if we allow ourselves.

and finally: are you happy?
i don’t exactly know what the perpetual state of ‘happy’ is, but i think i’m sort of floating in between? a group of friends i met online at the beginning of lockdown are definitely keeping me happier than i’d usually be.

from dmoral13:

where do you see yourself in five years?
hopefully, grinding my way through a good architecture school.

can you make any cool anagrams with your username or actual name?
you can make ‘weaned’ from my actual name, with is quite funny.

if you had a warning label, what would you say?
‘she bites’.

currently binge-ing any shows/movie series?
i just finished binge-ing ‘sex education’ last week (finished it in three days, that’s how crazed i got); i watched ‘never have i ever’ too last week (made me cry too many times); sort of watching ‘legacies’ and ‘suits’ right now. my standards for tv shows are quite low.

what’s your favorite family holiday tradition?
the part where i get 501 rupees from three different relatives and my brother gets 500 from each of them because he’s younger, and then when he starts crying, my mother gives him a rupee more to compensate. 

and of course, what are some fellow wtwers you admire?
Kenny for, like, every piece she has ever written (though she has unpublished most of them now), her short stories illustrating the rampant sexism in rural india showcased amazing style, and her narratives are a definite must-read; elisa because she makes words flow like no one else; pouringoutthesun because her short stories and prose pieces are better than good enough to be published in print, it’s crazy how alive and real words seem when written by the right people; lovelettertosappho for her many different styles in poetry, and they way she uses them to express herself; weirdo, who isn’t active anymore yet continues to awe me with their words, the queen of making word combinations flow effortlessly (seemingly); anha because she writes like a goddess, all of her pieces are worth multiple rereads; agustdv, who is the actual definition of good poetry (and prose, though she refuses to acknowledge it), and for her chaotic personality (uwu); jeily, for everything she writes is quite masterful; white mountains, because i want them to teach me how to write like they do (sorry about the stars, or lack thereof);  purplepanache, a goddess among mere mortals, her poetry is *chef’s kiss* several times over, her descriptions leave me internally screaming in unadulterated awe, and i want to explore my memories that way she conveys them through her poems; rainandsonder, because their poetry is everything mine aspires to be; poojapressely, who knows the power of words intimately and uses that knowledge well; jun lei, a gotdamn queen who is amazingly supportive and definitely one of the best writers on this site, the way she portrays everyday things leaves me speechless on the regular, please teach me how to word; chrysanthemums&ink because their name is a nightmare to spell and i have a deep admiration for their work. 
for the record, i have a level of admiration for every one i follow, but these are the writers who stand out the most, either because of past interactions, or because of how frequently i go back to read their pieces. check them out, you won’t regret it!

what is one thing you will never do again?
blank out when the girl i have a minor crush on asks me if i am a part of the lgbt community (in all probability, it is likely to happen)

what do you think makes a good story?
the way the story teller harnesses the power of their experiences.

from naomi ling: 
(sorry but ahhhhhhhhhh i love your work sm will you let me hold your hand please)

sunflowers or roses?
sunflowers because roses give me ‘beauty & the beast’ vibes.

chair or stool?
a chair for writing, a stool for doodling.

fav poem/prose of yours?
ooh i wrote a poem a couple weeks ago around 2 am; it was mostly just a rant piece, but with honesty i haven’t ever used before in my writing. i think it was like 1076 words long (??) but i really liked the way it flowed, and i think it saved me from a very, very low place. i actually have it printed out because i liked it that much, which is definitely unique. it has a massive tw for thoughts on dying; here’s a line from the piece: ‘fate is my only goddess,/sometimes we sit & giggle as the sequence reverses even though we are/both not allowed wine. she’s orange & beautiful so i think if i shrink myself/enough i might resemble her until i too am superficial.’
if you want a copy of the piece, you probably know where to find me.

what’s your desired aesthetic?
dark academia uwu

from outoftheblue:
(anoushkaa, i love your new username, and thank you for your piece on police brutality)

favorite trope:
i’v spent a damn lot of time on fanfiction.net, so i have quite a lot to say. i hate all of the alpha dynamic or stockholm syndrome shit, but i’m a huge sucker for the enemies-to-lovers trope, oblivious mutual pining, only-one-bed-in-a-shared-hotel-room, college aus. technically, wolfstar is a ship, but that too. 

real name?
my real name is common enough to say, but it’s spelt a little differently than usual, so sorry :((

what’s one piece of advice you live by?
‘the new season of that show will be out next month/someone i love is turning 16 soon’ or ‘just one more day’.

least favorite trope?
power dynamics are a lot ew.

what do you love most about wtw?
the way the site is designed and the community!

thing you love about yourself?
lovely question-- i really like that i sometimes live in the rush of the moment, that makes life so much more enjoyable for me.

one thing you would change about how people perceive you?
i don’t actually bite, guys. i might be a little stiff at first, but it’s mostly because you intimidate me lmao.

a song that never gets old?
good! hindi! songs! ‘tujhe dekha toh yeh jaana sanam’ (is that what it’s called), ‘voh dekhne mein’, ‘love you zindagi’, ‘udta punjab’, ‘kabira’, ‘sooraj ki bahoon mein’, ‘illahi’, ‘moh moh ke dhaage’, and so many more.
for english songs, probably ‘symphony’ by clean bandit, or any good one direction song. now, before you come at me, i want to say that all of their singles are shit, and that their last two albums had a lot of good stuff. ‘made in the am’ is my 11 pm comfort album. 

what's your sense of humour like?
bad.

what's the best thing about your culture?
the dresses, the food, the weddings. pretty sure there are some other things as well, but for every fault this country has, i cannot imagine being from anywhere else.

something about your culture/heritage you disagree with?
the sexism and the hate.
if you've read this far, thank you for thinking i'm interesting enough to waste your time on.

Replying: same, I was just listening to it yesterday!
    As for the music I listen to- it differs honestly, but I love haim, queen, wallows. So basically oldies/80's rock and indie pop/rock now. And feminist punk of course.

i'm so flattered by the kind words! your opinions on the best tropes are 100% correct too, and i also love the dark academia aesthetic, even though my own is a bit more grunge-y.

• ava09

gotta love a 1D gal. ;) also symphony by clean bandit is so good too! also lmaoooo
    "favorite animal: my younger brother" bahahahah. and you can never go wrong with rom-coms imo. and lol three math tests omg procrastination at its finest (i'm currently reading wtw pieces instead of working on my ap macroeconomics stuff that's due in 7 1/2 hours at 7 am lol so i relate).

replying: i feel like we didn't get to see mush of rahim though. he deserved better imo.
    i fr wanna unleash some bhakts on isaac after that season finale.

• purplepanache

omg, i am elated to be on that list, you are incredibly sweet panda! 'a goddess among mere mortals'-aahh im dying, to have someone as talented as you say things like that about my work! and also bangs+ripped jeans+tshirt tucked in-bxtch yess. dark academia is so uwu, i want to buy me a trench coat and corduroys! also, old hindi songs mwah mwah mwah!

"favorite animal? my younger brother" has me dead. three ways to kill a god and one way they'll do it for you is definitely one of my favourite pieces of yours to date, and it's just a shame it got taken down. i think i'll be asking you for that in the very near future, so i can steal like an artist and harvest quotes for my own nefarious means >:)

replying: ohhhh april end! that explains a lot lol that’s when i first joined,,,phew I thought I missed out on asking you ;-;. also hehe no need to rectify! your intelligence and intimidation (?) are part of the ~vibe~ and it’s super awesome. <3

WAIT WHAT THE HECK WHEN DID YOU DO A Q&A ;-; I DIDNT ASK ANYTHING...I MISSED THIS?...i’m so sorryyyy aaaagh. these were lovely answers!! also the dark academia....you kinda have it down! you’re a little intimidating and obviously very intelligent/a stellar writer, so you’re mostly good to go! <3

for the record, it took me a week to figure out how to spell my name.
    okay okAY so i'm kinda just rlly close to exploding rn but here's a story: so a long time ago i did writing advice when i was relatively new right? so i remember the piece that you commented: "three ways to kill a god and one way they'll do it for you" and it left such an impression on me like wHAT ik it was removed soon after but i can still remember it because there was nothing i could write about it and it was amazing and gosh i loved it to death-
    so now i'm here and seriously you're one of my idols and a fricking deity. *bows
    your fav/least fav tropes are valid as heck (stockholm syndrome is never fun to read) and also hmm... you use fanfiction.net when reading fanfiction? these days i only use ao3....

• jun lei

"teach me how to word" um luv that's me every time i read your writing. *how* do you write so gorgeously and aldkjs i would be happy if i had half the talent you do.

Replying: yeah, that's mostly how I feel as well. Eric is iconic and Adam, well I hated him at first, but they've really made his character better over time. And the bus scene made me sob.
    Also, hahah Paxton's a whole-ass tool and a watered down version of the bad boy from any Wattpad novel. I love Ben though, he's a sweetheart.
    (also, WHAT you liked a guy that looked like him, bet that's an interesting story to tell.)

• Wicked!

Spoiler alert: the houses in Chandigarh are really pretty only if you're in the northern sectors (basically the rich ass neighbourhoods). Wait up you have cynophobia? Please don't tell me that you ship Adam and Eric. Yes, the money is the best part about visiting relatives, though I don't get a rupee more than my younger sister lol. I'm going to ignore the fact that you like ‘tujhe dekha toh yeh jaana sanam.' Yes, the best one direction songs are the hidden gems in their albums. Also, I like your puns, panda (it could be bc my sense of humour has been dead and decaying since the past two years).

• naomi ling

ah this was a pleasure to read!!! i can only dream that my q&a answers will be this articulate and thoughtful. yes let's hold hands PLEASE <333

ahahah I love best dressed too! also about the enemies to lovers trope- what do you think of Eric and Adam in sex education? (Like is that unhealthy?) Who do you ship Devi with? And omg the accepting money from relatives thing is a constant struggle. You're rude if you accept it, and if you don't lmao. also, I've changed my username is twice now- wayyy indecisive.

• fatpanda

UWU to you guys

• poetri

and a queen, you a queen

• poetri

ashley is my queen we stan a stan :)

• asta

ripped jeans with tucked in shirts? watching ashley aka best dressed? still listening to one direction? h e l l o

• Samina

I loved your song choice. My fav animal is my sister XD
    I understand studying for a math test :'(

• fatpanda

also i apologize for being unfunny, i really tried