~wildflower~

15
Loves music, nature, poetry, emotive writing, thinking
Passionate about the environment
pianist, tall
~stranded amongst the stars any trying to work out the meaning of it all~
Joined April 2020

On a perpetual semi-hiatus

I spend a lot of time worrying about life, caring too much, and contemplating the universe.
—————
“Somehow, after everything, she still bloomed I’m the way she was meant to” - Morgan Harper Nichols
—————
Favourite words: whisper, echo, wanderer, lost, forgotten, meadow, galaxy, stardust, wisp, sonder, nubivagant, solivagant.
—————
Favourite film: The Lost Thing - Shaun Tan

I smiled as you forged your beauty from my bloodshed

8
Only perfectly manicured nails/could conceal the witch’s razor-sharp fingers/that you used to rip my chest/only hands graced with flawless dexterity from years of braiding my greasy hair/could yield the strength to tear away my heart/only your sweet melodied voice/never singing to me/could subdue the screams inside my head to the sticky/cotton-candy whisper that gripped each strand of my aching lungs/but floated out as a too-sweet/fake laugh.

I didn’t realise/as I stared transfixed by the beautiful/blinding light you emanated/that your burning/molten hands were moulding my stolen heart into a bow/I didn’t realise that the agony in my bones/was not caused by my own/blushing cheeks/but the deadly heat you shone onto me/(though I suppose that radiation is invisible and death can come in many forms)/I didn’t realise that the new/crimson-red bow/which I envied so much/placed delicately atop your extraordinary/pomegranate hair/was just a demented token of defeat/stolen from my broken carcass and worn to my own funeral/I didn’t realise that you only pulled me close so that the flames of your braided curls could lick the sweet sinew of my soul/mostly/I didn’t realise that my blood was the dye for your stunning/raven hair/and your skin could be a graveyard.

I trusted you/so I smiled as you ripped my heart from my wooden chest/and in the cavity you carved a throne/you wielded the shadows and summoned demons/and with a flick of your jewel fingers you crowned doubt the ruler and let it devour my soul/my blood dripped from your diamond ring into your open mouth/but all I saw was your pretty/cherry-red lips/as you smiled at me/
I smiled back.
But you smiled rose bushes/while I smiled bubble gum/I blamed myself for always letting it pop but I never saw your thorns as they punctured my smile/I only questioned myself as I sat/lonely/beside you/I smiled/I thanked you/I was in awe of you/
as you forged your beauty from my bloodshed.

Heeello everyone! I need feedback! I’ve never written in this style before so this was very experimental. Not sure if I did it right... If you think this would be better in a different format or I did something wrong or you have any other feedback, please let me know! :)

• July 3, 2020 - 3:41am (Now Viewing)

• HeyThereRose

This is a beautiful piece, the title alone is a work of art! I love the break in the line

you smiled at me/
    i smiled back.

It gave me the shivers (in a good way!)

• Sol noctis

Replying: thank you! Glad that someone likes my art......

• birthdaycandles

replying: aw! your comment on my piece warmed my heart, thank you!! and don’t worry you’re not the only person that stands in the bookshop taking in the smell lol. I can’t believe I haven’t come across your writing yet on the site, it’s so beautiful! also, I read your bio and we actually have a lot in common; I loveeee nature and the environment and I’m super passionate about global warming and standing up for our earth <3 I’m also a Christian and I play the piano and the clarinet along with dabbling in a few irish trad instruments! I love your username also, it’s so pretty, I just chose mine because it’s my favourite line from “Do Not Stand By My Grave And Weep” it’s a really beautiful poem that means a lot to me. I can’t wait to read to future works and I’m so happy to have discovered you! ^-^

• birthdaycandles

woah, this gave me chills! And go you for using a new format with the line breaks, you made it work really well and I found it added to the horror behind some of the phrases! well done :)

• kealoha

replying: Oh no worries! You're totally fine :) Yess, I remember that song! lol

• Eblinn

I like the format since it separates the sentences/ words that should be read together, enabling you to write a longer piece than you would normally do when each line comes beneath the other.
    Wonderful piece!!

• PureHeart

the title itself is so very captivating. love the style you used in this, it's very effective and unique. you're detailed description is beautiful and overall i really enjoyable piece to read.

• Sol noctis

Heyo!!!
    Sorry but I don't know anything about the format you've used.... But..... Your context and your thoughts in this piece are woven intricately....
    It's lovely!!!!!!