N.

INTP | science & art | leo

watercolor & sea salt

my goal is to become a cryptic elderly soapmaker.

very gay, very liberal, credible knowledge is power

member of the lady knights guild

Joined Sep. 2018

if y'all try to start something in the comments, just remember that i have teeth and i do in fact bite. friendly debate is always welcome, but be informed before trying to argue, please and thanks.

also, as a former catholic, i'd like to remind all of you who so proudly show off that title that the pinnacle of your religion is following the example of jesus and advocating for the justice and equality of all people. blm is a fight for equality. don't discredit it.

being told you have white privilege is not reverse racism or bullying. it's just a fact, and the sooner you accept it, the sooner you can help to fight racism.

educate yourself.

(teehee)

milk, curdled

27
and it’s never your fault, is it?
because you’ll take ownership of dogs and 
clothes; hang your math homework on the fridge.
but owning a fault- no, never! you’re flawless porcelain
of course! of course!

and you’ll shout it ‘til you’re hoarse because
you’ve never been anything but loud from the start,
(and you can’t stop now, because things might change!)

but maybe you should just be quiet because
even though i’ve immigrant blood, no one tells me it
might as well be lighter fluid, stronger than moonshine,
with all that alcohol in your veins, you know...
and no one paints me pictures of a womb-full of 
pious catholic children, do they? 

and even though i’ve immigrant blood, no one blames me
for tearing mothers from sons beneath shrieks of 
bombers and ball-turrets. 
(because who’s at fault for war?)

because i will never be seen as a burden, because 
melanin determines the difference between down on her luck
and leech on the system. because i was born with
privilege gripped in my pink fists.

and you, you watch your brethren clutch their chests 
in unison; the only union you’ll bear witness to; 
see them cry, hear their gasps. they’ll die with 
arrested hearts left unstarted, unsaved, forgotten now
because damn it, you had a headache! 

education is the best weapon, darling;
but it’s so much easier to wield stories, isn’t it?
on all lives matter, specifically why it's problematic for white people to complain about being "erased" by the black lives matter movement.

no honey, you're not being erased, you're just not willing to share the spotlight.
love, another white person.

also, for reference:

melanin = pigment in the skin; people with fair skin have less melanin than people with darker skin. that's it.

the 6th stanza refers to the heart attack/paper cut analogy, though i changed paper cut to headache. if one person is dying of a heart attack and the other just has a mild headache, one obviously needs prioritized medical attention (spoiler- it's the person having a heart attack!). This is not discrediting the person with the headache or saying that their pain is invalid, just that the person who is actively dying deserves attention first.

thanks for coming to my ted talk.

• July 1, 2020 - 9:50am (Now Viewing)

• mia_:)

a true masterpiece! i would come to a ted talk of yours any day! i love the passive-aggressive tone! the italics really add a lot! thank you for writing this! <3

• luluwrites111

Yessss this is so concise and clear and i love how you wrote it speaking directly to the person.

• the_enclave

y'all are right, that was stupid of me to say. i formally apologize. no excuses, i was straight up being stupid and there is no way around that.

“malicious intent”? as if someone saying “why are blacks so offended” doesn’t have malicious intent and this piece apparently does? no one asked for a devil’s advocate here. N. is perfectly classy and conveys the right amount of emotion/passive-aggressiveness.

• loveletterstosappho

we love to see it.

• the contrarian

Lol, where is the malicious intent? It's passive-aggressive. When people refuse to educate themselves on an important topic like the Black Lives Matter movement, I don't blame N. for being passive-aggressive like this. She said what needed to be said and that's it.

• the_enclave

while I can see your points and agree with a lot of them, that (teehee) makes it seem like you have more malicious intent than you say you do.

• sci-Fi

Wow. This is absolutely perfect. Queen.

• jun lei

i would come to any ted talk of yours. or speech. or anything. queen queen queen.

• fatpanda

yes queen

gosh DANG the queen has arrived. watch out y’all: N. is probably the smartest user on this site, and if you come at her uninformed you BEST believe you will be met with cold hard fact and reason. thank you, as always, dear, for writing about this. reverse racism doesn’t exist. also, as a Catholic: Jesus was a man of color who was killed by law officials. He would urge us to fight for equality and the lambs that are at stake. not play oppression olympics. as N. said: education is the best, but it seems so much easier to spin tales, doesn’t it?
    “ see them cry, hear their gasps. they’ll die with
    arrested hearts left unstarted, unsaved, forgotten now ” amazing lines.