Stone of Jade

Aspiring writer and artist. Completely awestruck by night skies. Trying to grow my skills as a writer and editor. Apart of many, many fandoms ;) Reader, journaler, collector.
~ pilot pens and beat-up notebooks ~

I'm getting frustrated (not really lol) because there are so many talented writers on here and I want to read everything people have written but I think that is impossible hahaha ;)

If you ever need a review don't be afraid to ask!

Q&A answers:
https://writetheworld.com/groups/1/free_writing/176674/versions/352216

(I drew my profile pic--do you like it??)

I started a blog last summer for my short stories and prompts. I have one finished story on there. You can find it at https://lexijade.wixsite.com/mysite if you want. I am excited to start my portfolio here too!!

!!!Q&A ANSWERS!!!

6
Wow!!! I guess the Q&A didn't flop hahaha! Thank you all for the fun questions--I had a blast answering them (as best I could)
Here are my answers!

Just_A_Memory 
1. Favorite candy bar?
This is a hard question cause I have a BIG sweet tooth...hmmm *thinks really hard* I really like chocolates (like Twix or Kit Kat) but really I don't think I have a favorite. I do really like brownies tho ;) and chocolate chip cookies (my crush makes the absolute BEST cookies--which is good cause I can't bake)

2. Other than writing, what is one of your favorite pass times?
I really like to read but my other fav pass times is prob gonna be drawing and painting. At the start of quarantine I suddenly got into my head I had to paint the wall behind my bookshelf. So the first week of being stuck at home was spent painting a LOTR map behind my books. I also have a chalkboard wall that I doodle on...I do like playing sports tho and hiking. idk i'm a mix of all things and that was a really long, un-needed explanation *facepalm* basically...art.

3. Favorite smell? (I personally love Vanilla)
I love citrus smells/flavors. Altho, I was at Bath and Bodyworks before Xmas and I love their Champaign Toast smell. It's kinda like vanilla but not. Idk if this counts but I LOVE the smell of fresh rain and smoke from a campfire.

4. Your biggest fear?
I used to be scared of snakes but this year I am finding them not as terrifying (I have had some freaky experiences with them). Rn, my biggest fear is probably falling off a cliff. I am not scared of heights but the dangerous part of heights is pretty freaky. I am very scared of losing a loved one though. I am a Christian, so I don't fear death and I have hope of seeing loved ones after death but I am scared of the pain of loss that comes with that. 

5. If you could change one thing about yourself, what would it be??
Probably to be less stubborn. I get into a lot of trouble cause I don't keep my stinkin mouth shut.

6. Favorite flower?
Roses!!!! I love wild roses. They are yellowish/pinkish and smell like raspberries (whoa hold up--is raspberries spelled with a "p"??) I love all wildflowers, like forget-me-nots and other small-petaled beauties. 

7. Favorite Bird?
I love all birds...but I do love Blue Jays (the white and pale blue ones--but we don't have those where I live). I used to have a parakeet and they are gorgeous. Exotic birds are all beautiful so I don't think I can choose. 

8. Favorite song or artist
You win the award for impossible question to answer. I have a playlist legit called Anything and Everything because I don't have a fav genre of music/artist. Rn tho I'm digging the song California by Joey Ryan cause it has total summer vibes and I'm learning it on my uke.

MusilimQueen06 - yea you can call me Jade. Or Lex -- it doesn't matter. It's Lexi Jade so it's my name either way hahaha
1. Favorite weather?
Def warm weather. Hot weather so I can jump in the lake/pool. I'd rather be sweaty than shivering. 

2. What genre do you like to read and use when writing?
I love reading and writing fiction/fantasy. I am in the process of writing several fantasy "novels" but my fav is my dystopian. I'm a sucker for sad scenes and deaths. It sounds like I am a psyco (I promise i'm not haha) but one of my goals when I write sad scenes is to tear the heart out of my reader and hopefully make them cry. 

3. What makes you happy/upset?
Being with friends makes me really happy. Or being outdoors. Both of those together and I am giddy with excitement. As for making me sad...when I get hurt by a friend or do something that might hurt a friend. I've had a lot of trouble with finding my "true" friends so it's a roller-coaster in that area of my life. 

4. Go to midnight snack?
It sounds awful but 5 Guys Milkshake...or any milkshake. If I am at home tho (i don't even snack at night so idk what I'm saying haha) it'd prob be goldfish or cereal. OR BANANAS! Idky but whenever I'm at a certain friends house I am always in the mood for a banana XD

5. What piece that you wrote are you most proud of?
That is a hard question too. I don't want to brag or anything (seriously) but I am very proud of my poems (also if you want to read them I would LOVE feedback as how to make my poems better). I never really tried writing poetry so I think the pieces I have put on here are growing my skills. As for fiction stuff--I have started a dystopian novel (I'll link these below) that I am pretty proud of because I have been working on it for almost two years now! I'm linking another piece called The Trinket. My schools holds a writer's conference and this year the topic was memoirs. One of the activities was to write a story from the pov of an object at our table. My table and I wrote this piece (well...I mainly wrote it because my table was absolutely no help at all *sighs*). I like that piece because I tried to fit in some symbolism and stuff and wrote it in about ten minutes.
Untitled Dystopian
The Trinket

6. Sunrise or sunset?
Def sunset. Last summer a few friends and I hiked to go see a sunset. This passed Sunday tho, I watched the BEST sunset with my friend on his roof *blushes* It was amazing! I am def a night person. stars, the moon, sunsets just leave me in awe. 

7. If you could be a character in a book, which book would you choose?
Another impossible question Lol...i know what book I would not choose--Hunger Games. Or Maze Runner. i'd prob want to be in Robin Hood or something with adventure and a lot less dying than YA books have these days haha

sunny.v 
1) what’s a writing style you particularly like?
I really like fantasy and dystopian. (answered ^^)

2) admired wtw writers?
I love reading a LOT of writer's work. A few that I didn't mention on my prev post are:
chrysanthemums&ink
Ollie Octopus
MusilimQueen06
Karma's_Coming
Just_A_Memory
ElsaRee
TwentyOneTimeLords
Doodleninja
★ white mountains ★
And_The_Stars_Laughed
lianhabanana!
mia_:)

but...I have liked so many posts and so many pieces that I can't remember all of them. Seriously...if your name isn't on this list...it's most likely because I forgot you (okay--that sounds terrible and so rude but I mean it in the best). There are too many writers on here to list them all. 

3) what’s your favorite topic/subject to read about on here?
I was never a big fan of poetry before now but seeing the poems written are amazing! I started (trying) to write a few of my own but still learning. 

4) going off of the previous questions, what’s your favorite to write about?
I answered above but I'll kinda repeat...sad, heart-wrenching scenes. or villain scenes cause I got a weird thing bout villains. But anything with magic is super fun like fairies or centaurs. In my english class I wrote a whole page using my vocab words about this dwarf who wanted adventure (i got in trouble for going over word limit but that's not the point)

5) if you could blend some people’s writing style (on wtw or just in general) to make your personally favored style, who’d you blend?
I don't really understand this question so sorry if I mess it up...I would take the vivid imagery and the poetry so the descriptions really transport readers. 

5) what cliche character trope are you? aka, if we were all book characters on a YA journey, who’d you be?
I would want to be a side-kick but tbh I'd prob be a background character. Does that make sense? it doesn't to me *shrugs*

6) do you feel your irl personality translates well to here? 
I feel like I'm more myself on here...I love to write but I don't share my writing with everyone irl. Here I can be a bit more raw and personal in my poems without the fear of making people worried about me (i'm totally fine just somethings are weird to share out loud)

7) favorite wtw pieces?
I answered below :)

8) how tall are you?
I say I am 5'4" but my license says 5'3" *rolls eyes*

9) your happiest moment you’ve had at school?
At school?? Um...I guess I won a writing competition? I have had some tricky school situations in elementary/middle. High School isn't too bad but my happiest moments usually happen during summer or at camps. I guess a really nice memory I have is I was having a super bad day (did bad on a test, was super tired) and my friend, out of nowhere--she doesn't even go to my school--brought me a pumpkin latte from Woods Coffee to cheer me up. OH! I have an embarrassing/funny memory:
I have really bad pollen/dust/seasonal type allergies and they were doing construction in my school. So I went to my dad (he works at my school) to get medicine. Wellll...he gave me TWO BENADRYL! Idk if you are familiar with benadryl, but even just one will put you to sleep. But I took them without realizing and all throughout my Biology class I unsuccessfully fought against falling asleep.

10) how’re you so awesome?
Idk how to answer this haha--how are you so awesome?!

11) where would you vacation to, ignoring all other costs, and why?
Italy, Athens, Rome, Switzerland--all the Ancient Mediterranean cities and surrounding countryside. I would also love to go back in time to see the cities as they were when they were "alive" I watched this awesome documentary on Lost Cities on Disney+ *highly recommends* it was so cool I wish I could see those ancient cities. 

naoimi ling
favorite WTW pieces? 
I have so many favorites I can't even remember them all. Um...I do remember the name of one...okay apparently I don't because I tried to search it and it wasn't found. It was about a boy who walked with death and love and it really stood out to me. If you wrote that, please know, it was amazing! 
As for other pieces, I guess just go look at a few of the pieces of the writer's listed above. I really wish I could list titles of pieces I love but there are just too many and I don't even remember the titles. I guess that means I'll never read them again *cries*

favorite cuisine?
I love all food. I really like Indian and Thai food as well as Chinese and Italian.

how have you changed in quarantine, if any?
I am happy to announce that during quarantine my sister and I have grown closer and get along way more!!! She's the best and growing closer to her is a big change cause we are close in age (two years--not super close) so we fight a lot.

sunflowers or roses?
ROSES, ROSES, ROSES!

fold paper hotdog- or hamburger-style?
What does this even mean? XD Umm...I think it depends what the paper is for. Hamburger style? I am a little OCD so I get picky on certain things.

outoftheblue
favourite trope?
If I understand correctly (i prob don't someone please explain) I think I like the whump trope (?)

favorite wtwers?
Also answered above^

Least favorite trope?
Umm....still unsure what a trope is so idk. 

Physical appearance? ( You don't have to answer this if you don't want to)
I am 5'4" (about) with auburn-red curly, messy hair. It is usually under a bucket hat or pulled back by a bandanna. I usually am wearing jeans and a sweatshirt (or shorts and t-shirt if hot). High-top Vans and a backpack with sketchbook with me at all times. 

Thing you love most about WtW?
I love the community. I love getting feedback (and giving feedback). I love the writing streak challenges and the group prompts. 

Thing you love about yourself?
Ummmm.....I'm creative so I guess I like the stuff I try *emphasis on try* to do. Plus I'm kinda up for anything whether it's jumping in the pool at night or random diy during the day.

One thing you would change about how people perceive you?
Well..I just asked my friend what she thought of me when she met me and she said I was a tomboy (cause I hangout with the guys--but that's bc there is way less drama). I wouldn't change anything I guess so idk *shrugs*

any favorite comedians?
Not really (I don't watch a lot of comedians). I like funny movies tho! I really like the new Jumanji movies and stuff like that. Better Off Dead is a funny movie. My sister and I quote that a lot, as well as Nacho Libre XD

a song that never gets old?
Chicken Fried by Zach Brown Band and Lucky by Colbie Caillat and Jason Mraz. I don't like a lot of country music (it varies on my mood) but these song has stayed on my playlist for YEARS. The sec song isn't country but it was the first song I remember listening to all the time when I was younger.

your writing process?
I just start writing. I start typing whether I have an ending or not. That process has come to bite me in the butt tho cause now I don't know how to end my stories hahaha. I also usually listen to movie soundtracks while I write. Idk but the Gladiator soundtrack is especially inspiring!

what's your sense of humor like?
(I had to ask my mom XD) I'm witty I guess. The occasional sarcastic comment depending what group I am in. I def love to laugh tho so it's not boring around me. 

what's the best thing about your culture/something about your culture/heritage you disagree with?
I'm American and what my family calls a Yankee-pot-roast: a little bit of everything. I'm part Italian and Portugal, Scottish and Irish too. Idk about culture so idk how to answer this. 

an author you're inspired by?
I read a lot so I don't have a favorite author. An author I will always love is C.S Lewis...I know--so cliche for a young writer but I have a reason why: When I was little my mom would read a book to my sister and me every summer. I remember vividly her reading aloud the chapter in Prince Caspian where the Pevensies find the treasure chamber. The descriptions absolutely captivated me and I have never forgotten that day.

batman_is_a_cracker
What makes us human, our bodies, or our brains? 
Interesting question but I think it is our souls that make us human. 

Doodleninja
First fandom you were in? 
Percy Jackson/HoO!!! I will always love those books. I am so excited they are coming out with a new series adaption, altho I'm kinda nervous too. Def in the Marvel Fandom as well as Newsies, Hamilton, Hunger Games and Disney (if it's a fandom lol)

Any celebrity crushes? 
Not really Lol...my sister has a whole list XD. When I watch movies I do think most of the actors are cute and stuff but not really. I do fangirl about book characters tho. I love Marvel movies and stuff so a LOT of those actors are pretty hot so I do like those.

What's your favorite part about writing? 
I've never really thought about that. I like the imagining part the best. Drawing emotion and connection between readers and the characters is another fav. Most of the time tho I wish I could just read the ending to my stories and know what happens cause I'm pretty bad at endings. 

...

Thank you all SO much for your questions and I feel like we are friends all ready! *sigh* It would be awesome to have you guys as friends irl...not many people I know write. Have a super fantastic day!! Byee *small wave*

• July 1, 2020 - 11:31am (Now Viewing)

• Ella R. Baker

I just saw that you did a Q&A! I haven’t done one yet (because I’m scared no one would ask anything (is that bad to think???)) but it’s super neat that you did. I really enjoyed reading this and learning more about you. I too enjoy wildflowers, but I would have to pick sunflowers over roses (I have a sunflowers patch so I’m biased). I am trying to learn the ukulele (it’s not going well, lol) and I think it’s really neat that you play. Also, I noticed in your bio that you mentioned pilot pens (I like them as well) and wondered if you’ve ever tried the pilot parallel pens. I have been eyeing them for months. Do you like calligraphy/black letter/hand lettering? Anyways I think this is awesome!

• amaryllis

Hi- idk if we've "met" before (how do you determine that online?) but I enjoyed reading these answers & kinda getting to learn more about you! I love listening to Lucky as well, and same with the celebrity crushes. My friends like to say I have "book boyfriends" haha (I maintain I do not, but honestly imo teenage boys in books are so much better than irl. Then again, I also do not have any guy friends other than the one I kinda forced (hehe, story for a different time), so you probably have a different take on that)

Loved reading this! I'm a fellow uke player too! how long have you been playing?

the piece you were talking about with the boy walking with death and love was by HelpMe512! also: lovely answers, lexi. <3