Eblinn

Belgium

currently
16
indecisive
writing
reading
drawing?
likes making
friends :)

Books I have wrapped my heart around:
°The Catcher in the Rye by J. D. Salinger
°The Secret Life of Bees by Sue Monk Kidd
°Life of Pi by Yann Martel

Writing Streak 14 Completed

I need to be alone by girl in red

I'm wasting my life on pointless things
I sometimes think, "When does life begin"
I'm falling out of conversations
I can't pay attention, repeat the question

When will my 'true teenage years' begin? When will I go out on crazy adventures with my friends and create everlasting memories? Instead I spend too many hours browsing the internet and procrastinate working on actual skills like writing, drawing, reading... I must say it's going better now the summer holidays have arrived, but the previous months have been really unrewarding.

I'm waiting for something to change
'Cause everyday just feels the same
It's getting harder to exist
I don't want to feel like this

I often felt like this in the past months when every day just blended into the other, without any variation. It was just waking up, having the necessary meals, doing homework (and online classes), scrolling through social media and going to bed. So many times I thought I was being completely unproductive and useless. It was hard not to think about what life was really all about and if I even had a purpose in this world. 

I need to be alone. Well, I've been alone a lot. And I'm waiting for something to change. Or do I need to change something myself?

can i just say that i'm devouring girl in red's music for a sense of stability? who's your favourite music artist?

• Ella R. Baker

I totally get this and quarantine only makes it worse... I have so many favorite artists I can't even count them. girl in red is a definite favorite. I survived off of "summer depression" last year. I go through lots of artists and add them to my ever-growing playlist. Right now I have been listening to Hayley Kiyoko, Conan Gray, Vashti Bunyan, Clairo, and Franz Ferdinand. I really liked your list for week 14! :D

AHHH i love girl in red! And can def relate with not being able to go out and have those once-in-a-lifetime experiences with your friends as teenagers.
    Do you listen to Clairo and Mitski?
    They have kinda similar vibes to girl in red.

• Doodleninja

nice piece! And oh gosh, don't make me choose my favorite music artist XD

replying: my fave Heathers song is prob "Seventeen" or "Dead Girl Walking (reprise)" or maybe even "I Am Damaged". Anything with JD going crazy :D