Stone of Jade

~ 16 she/her ~
Aspiring writer and artist. Completely awestruck by night skies. Apart of many, many fandoms ;) Reader, journaler, collector.
~ pilot pens and beat-up notebooks ~
#bluesourpatchkid
one half of the locket

Hi! You found my page!! Just that fact means a lot <3
I mainly write fiction and short stories, but I am trying my hand at poetry. I love writing poetry but I am not very good yet. A lot of it is inspired from real-life circumstances.

Read some of my work if you are so inclined! Thanks! :)

ongoing dystopian novel: Traitors and Rebels
Find the links to chapters 1-8 here:
writetheworld.com/groups/1/free_writing/169037/versions/389599

If you ever need a review don't be afraid to ask! Link it on one of my pieces and I'll get to it as soon as I can!

Currently reading:
Count of Monte Cristo
and I am LOVING IT!!!!

Go check out my friends :)
There And Back Again,
Wishing on Dandelions
& chasing sunsets

!!!Appreciation Post and Q&A!!!!

13
Okay...so I joined this site in the middle of quarantine. I figured it would be a good place to keep me accountable in writing on a more daily basis, but WTW is so much more than that. I love the community and the support shown between peer writers is so encouraging. I don't really care about the followers or the likes (because that is not what writing should be about) but I have gotten a lot of followers in the short time I've been on this site, so I wanted to show a little appreciation.

I just wanted to give a shout-out to these amazing authors on WTW: (in no particular order)
sunny.v
Oh man. Everything you write leaves me breathless! You have such a way with words that captivates any reader! The imagery you evoke is absolutely beautiful. But not just on a writing aspect...your feedback on pieces and comments are so helpful and supportive. You are a very encouraging writer so thank you for that!

.ameliea.
You, my friend, have an amazing vocabulary full of descriptive words. You paint such a picture with your prose/poems that is so amazing. You hit all five senses with your writing. I don't even have favorites from your pieces, each is so moving. Thank you for all the feedback you give.

batman_is_a_cracker and Anne Blackwood
You two were one of the first writers I came into contact with when I joined. Your pieces are so inspiring. I wish I had enough time to read everything you guys have published. Thank you both for your helpful feedback and comments on my pieces. 

V-Rose
I know I said no particular order in this appreciation post but I have to admit I have a lot to say thank you for to V-Rose. Your reviews and feedback on my stories are much more helpful than you might think they are. I was so happy when you helped me edit my dystopian novel and other fiction pieces. So thank you!!!!

Doodleninja
Your writing is so powerful and so beautiful. You take your readers into the world of your words. I wish I had time to read everything you have written. One piece stands out to me, One Too Many. I read it after finding it through the results of V-Rose's contest. That piece left me breathless it was so good! I am a sucker for dystopian and heartbreaking stories *embarrassed laugh*

There are a TON  more writers on WTW I haven't listed. I really wish I could name all of you because you are all so so so talented and I love reading your work. I love seeing the new POV from peers all over the world...especially the food contest this month. I tried reading and reviewing as many entries as I could because it was so interesting to see all the different foods and connections people have.
~
I guess I should get into the point of this post. I got kinda sidetracked (it happens a LOT with me haha). I want to try to be more involved with WTW, so I am going to try two things...

One: I want to try and show what others have shown me. I am open for any review-needs. If you ever need reviews, please, don't be afraid to ask. I might not get to it immediately but I love to write and writing reviews helps me get into the inspiration and see things from other peoples perspectives. 

Two: Q&A...I have seen a few of these going around and they are super fun to read to get to know the writers a bit better. I am hosting one too. Most likely, It'll flop but I don't mind hahaha. So, please comment any questions you might have! 

If you are reading this, I hope you have a fantastic day and find the inspiration to write the piece that is somewhere in the back of your mind! Byeee!! *small wave*

• June 30, 2020 - 11:07am (Now Viewing)

• Christy Wisdom

Hey, just wanted to let you know that my answers are done :D Thanks for participating!

• Doodleninja

dude you are TOO KIND!! thanks so much for including me in your appreciation post!! <3

Questions!
    First fandom you were in?
    Any celebrity crushes?
    What's your favorite part about writing?

• batman_is_a_cracker

Aww thanks bro, it means a lot to me that I've been able to touch you with my writing. As for questions, I only have one:
    What makes us human, our bodies, or our brains?

• Sol noctis

Heyo!!! Congratulations!!!!!!

• Cheshire Cat

oh... well thx and plz do look at my other post. I am just tired of being called racist right now and I really want more people to enter my contest.

• V-Rose

Okay. I am so happy to help! And thanks for the appreciation. I don't get that a lot and it's really nice! I'll be back soon with some questions!

Congrats!
    You have the right not to answer any of these-
    favourite trope?
    favourite wtwers?
    Least favorite trope?
    Physical appearance? ( You don't have to answer this if you don't want to)
    Thing you love most about WtW?
    Thing you love about yourself?
    One thing you would change about how people perceive you?
    any favorite comedians?
    a song that never gets old?
    your writing process?
    what's your sense of humour like?
    what's the best thing about your culture?
    something about your culture/heritage you disagree with?
    an author you're inspired by?

Oh thank you!! ^u^

• Just_Those_Christmas_Memories (#Holidayvibes)

Hey Jade! I think it’s great that you did this!

1. Favorite candy bar?

2. Other than writing, what is one of your favorite pass times?

3. Favorite smell? (I personally love Vanilla)

4. Your biggest fear?

5. If you could change one thing about yourself, what would it be??

6. Favorite flower?

7. Favorite Bird?

8. Favorite song or artist

Feel free to not answer them if you want lol. Just figured I’d contribute

Hey Jade! (Can I call you that? If not, just yell at me in one of my pieces. XD) Thank you for being so sweet!
    Here are my questions :) :
    1. Favorite weather?
    2. What genre do you like to read and use when writing?
    3. What makes you happy/upset?
    4. Go to midnight snack?
    5. What piece that you wrote are you most proud of?
    6. Sunrise or sunset?
    7. If you could be a character in a book, which book would you choose?
    Whelp, hope you have a wonderful day! :)

also, here’re my questions! feel free not to answer:
    1) what’s a writing style you particularly like?
    2) admired wtw writers?
    3) what’s your favorite topic/subject to read about on here?
    4) going off of the previous questions, what’s your favorite to write about?
    5) if you could blend some people’s writing style (on wtw or just in general) to make your personally favored style, who’d you blend?
    5) what cliche character trope are you? aka, if we were all book characters on a YA journey, who’d you be?
    6) do you feel your irl personality translates well to here?
    7) favorite wtw pieces?
    8) how tall are you?
    9) your happiest moment you’ve had at school?
    10) how’re you so awesome?
    11) where would you vacation to, ignoring all other costs, and why?

awww hello dear! i’m so happy and grateful to be on here hehe <3 thank you sooo much for the praise! i’m happy i can come off as supportive and helpful: i really try my best to be that. you’re such a sweetheart, dearest <3 <3

• naomi ling

congratulations lovely; here's to many many more!

favorite WTW pieces?
    favorite cuisine?
    how have you changed in quarantine, if any?
    sunflowers or roses?
    fold paper hotdog- or hamburger-style?