happy butterfly

South Africa

14
poet
swimmer
reader
people's person
wtw's official little sister:)
special wtw sister to anne blackwood<3

Please read the footnotes,otherwise I will not be content;)
Oh also just want to clarify something that's been nagging me.I am only fourteen so I'm not in love, not in a relationship,not interested in one.So my love poems are just characters or exaggerated feelings that I kind of tweaked. So ya cool cool

content

12
beg my eyelids to shut / the only hand I want you to hold is mine/ know you never loved me/
but
could you try?

you're smiling while you break my heart/don't realise it/ i swallow my tears into my lungs/ want to pour them onto the sun/rainbows make me feel better

you enjoy your sweet citrus/but i will braid orange peels into my raven hair/c o n t e n t/without you

words i hide on my tongue/make my tastebuds numb/i want to taste something sweet/ daydreams are a comfort/sculpt them into wings/   f l y  /experience what I wish was reality
I worked really hard on this.The only way to improve is to put every ounce of time and effort into it.I really enjoyed writing it though I'm still not sure if it's how I want.I don't know how else to improve it but if I do I'll post an edited version. Also the format maybe is not right but I'm experimenting .thanks my angels

• July 1, 2020 - 5:44am (Now Viewing)

replying: thank you so much for your kind comment aaaaaa! <3 <3 don’t be sorry for your rant, it encouraged me so much! i’m glad that my piece could be relatable: that’s what i tried for! i hope my piece could resonate with you somehow <3 thank you for such a sweet comment, dearest!

This is so sad, but the symbolism is amazing and the imagery is also lovely. The citrus line is my favorite; orange peels to me symbolize bitterness because they are bitter.

Replying: Stahhhp you just didn't know

Replying: Hehe no problem and yay I hope you like them

Replying: 1. Excited for your post. 2. Glad you listened to the song! 3. Oh that song is not country dEfInItElY Broadway style. Good artists to listen to for a transition into country are Kelsea Ballerini and Hunter Hayes.

Replying: Haha we're just the same person and should probably get used to it at this point. And you shouldn't feel weird about doing it! You don't have to, but if you want to, don't let anything stop you. Listing your peculiarities isn't self-centered.

• Doodleninja

"daydreams are a comfort/sculpt them into wings/ f l y /experience what I wish was reality"

• inanutshell

'you enjoy your sweet citrus/but i will braid orange peels into my raven hair' aww forgive my cheesiness but this was so sweet :)

• ~wildflower~

Hello! Just wanted or say sorry that it’s taking so long for me to do your reviews. I should finish them in the next week :) (p.s. this piece is great!!)

• Eblinn

/but i will braid orange peels into my raven hair/
    words i hide on my tongue/make my tastebuds numb/
    This is so beautiful!! I savour every single word of your wonderful poem <3

• ineffable

Oh this is so cool!! (:

Wow, your pieces always blow me away! You write with perfection! This piece is flawless, so beautiful. Wonderful piece! :)

Replying: You're welcome! Glad I could help. :) And don't worry about sticking to one format/style if you don't want to. It's pretty fun to keep switching around to whatever fits what you're feeling.

• naomi ling

oh this is so lovely. i can relate so hard to ur PSA,, all we can do is write abt love until we find it right? :") also thank you for your kind words <333

Okay first things first I love how you added a disclaimer to keep your overprotective online friends from going nuts XD (for people reading this comment that don't know, that's me btw). Now that that's out of the way, I really like this piece! My favorite part is "i swallow my tears into my lungs/ want to pour them onto the sun"
    As for formatting, if you wanna get rid of that giant first letter, hit enter before typing. Also, some of the slashes immediately followed or preceded a word (ex: word word/ word) (ex: word word /word), while others were in the more traditional format (ex: word word / word). I think that might be intentional, but I just wanted to point it out in case it isn't. :)