pineapples

Pineapples
I love reading and writing (obviously)
he/they, they/them preferred

"have I killed my thoughts right before their prime?
have I bit my tongue one too many times?
have I said it all the way I really meant to?"
~ben platt

Refer to these pieces when you need more info on the LGBTQIAP+ community:
ON A-SPEC ERASURE:
https://bit.ly/2ZZ3wzD

On genders out of the binary of male and female:
https://bit.ly/3gMkJDl

Basic definitions of sexual orientations:
https://bit.ly/38Nn91w

On the difference between romantic and sexual attraction:
https://bit.ly/2DsW2xb

now hiring! reaching for unemployed social pariahs. do you feel alone? this job could be yours!

24

job title: grief

job description: you will attend to those who have lost a loved one. you will cause them pain so that they know they are not a cold, uncaring monster.
you will be the reality check. because someone must be the reality check. 
you are grief. wherever you go, you will cause immense pain and sadness.

job requirements: (prior experience unnecessary)
~you will be required to be ready at all times of the day.
~you will be called for when anybody is brought in by death.
~you must have experienced grief at some point in your life.
~you must understand that it will be painful for everyone you touch. you are pain. but you must also understand that you will be necessary.
~it is imperative that you do not leave someone alone out of the kindness of your heart. you must banish all feelings from yourself.
~you must not give in to the pain that comes with dealing this much suffering to everyone around you. it is crucial that you understand that without grief, one could be molded into anything. without you, a psychopath may be released in the form of a vengeful sibling. a serial killer may be born from the death of a loved one. grief will keep them in check. you must keep them in check.
~this job will be demanding and taxing. you must research the dead without missing anything. 
~be aware that you will be working closely with death. you may not ask her for anything. she will never owe you favors. she is nothing but the deliverer of your clients. do not make personal connections with her.
~this will be a difficult undertaking. there is no denying it. but if you are certain that you meet all of the above requirements, you will be asked to meet with death and sadness on the corner of main street and mortem. you will soon be very familiar with this place. this is the mortuary.

any and all breaches of contract will result in your swift demise.

salary: you payment for your lifelong service as grief will be an extended life. you will live as long as death lives. for now, you are forever. 
(understand that this extension of life does not make you immortal in any way. if you are caught in a deadly situation, your body is still mortal. and you will face death.)

application: we have already received you application. when you saw this flyer, you met opportunity. they have brought us your application. if you have read this far, you know that you have been hired.

it is vital that you understand: this is not a job offer. this is your notification of hiring. tomorrow will be your first day. 
if you do not wish to accept this prestigious job as grief, you will still go to the corner of main and mortem tomorrow. death will meet you there.
idk, bro, this was really fun to write,,,

• Lights.B (#holidayvibes)

Wow I loved reading this! Great job!!

• CrazyNinjaKid

haha love this. i fit the criteria half loling half omg life sucks

• inanutshell

oooh i love this, this is so creative! might do a review for this later if that's okay!

(also ps a couple of my friends know that I have a serious serial tendency to dance to music with my iPad on and then accidentally click buttons, and in doing so, I accidentally unfollowed you!! eep!! i rectified the mistake quickly, but just decided to tell you since it would be odd to see the notification that i started following you again since i’ve already been following you for a bit already <3 )

this deserves so many rereads, it’s simply amazing <3 “ we have already received you application. when you saw this flyer, you met opportunity. they have brought us your application.” and “ you may not ask her for anything. she will never owe you favors. she is nothing but the deliverer of your clients. do not make personal connections with her.” and “ if you do not wish to accept this prestigious job as grief, you will still go to the corner of main and mortem tomorrow. death will meet you there.” are just soooo clever and poignant!!

• HeyThere

This is so amazinggg, I love it

• Eblinn

I love this so much, it's so creative! Tell me why I actually thought you were offering us a job and why I was a little surprised when I read "we have already received you application." Now, where is the corner of main and mortem? haha just kidding, unless...

• HelpMe512

Wow this is such a creative way to explain grief. I love love love this!

this is so unique and creative!! ah, grief.