naomi ling

est. 6/14/20

aaaAAA i love every one of u all

thank you for fifty! | q&a

22
i'm at a loss for what to say rn. thank you, from the bottom of my big messy heart, for following me on my journey as an amateur poet (??) and writer. fifty may not seem like a huge deal, but i teared up a bit just now. interacting with other WTW'ers is a choice, and the fact that 50+ of you stumbled upon my work & perhaps got an inkling of knowledge or happiness from it is the best gift i could ever receive. 

in the short two weeks that i've been here, i have been so humbled by all the other phenomenally talented writers here (yes, you!) and your work! in an attempt to repay my debt, i'd like to give a lil shout-out to just a handful of WTW'ers i admire (some from afar). 

dear friends
  • sunny.v, you are such a blessing to the community. you and chrysanthemums&ink, whom i also adore, welcomed me so genuinely on my first day and helped me get settled.
  • anoushkaa, i love you! your feedback always makes my day.
  • inanutshell is super sweet as well and gives me the best words of encouragement. (also, congrats on getting featured!) additionally,
  • Anne Blackwood and |spectral| have been a pleasure to interact with. 

idols from afar
  • Anha, of course. although i'm too shy to interact more with her work, her monthly highlights are such a blessing to the community, along with everything else she does <33 
  • poetri writes such eloquent pieces about current events, which are so crucial in these circumstances. i need to get more familiar with their work asap!! 
  • jun lei is another icon of WTW that i admire from afar. she recently hit a huge milestone as well, go say congrats to her! 
this is for sure not an exhaustive list, and i adore so many other WTW'ers that i can't pull from my jumbled brain rn. so. please know that you are loved! also, q&a? hit the comments up with some questions if you'd like. make them spicy. 

with love, 
naomi <33
my heart cannot handle any more appreciation and love *insert pouty emoji* brb i'm gonna go tell my mom and happy dancee <333

• June 29, 2020 - 11:37am (Now Viewing)

• Christy Wisdom

replying: aww, thank you so much naomi! You're so sweet! Also, congrats on 80, i'm so happy for you! <3

• mia_:)

Hi! You seem super cool and I can't wait to get to know you better! I have been kinda less active lately, but let's interact more! I'd love to get to know you! Congrats on those followers! Here's to many more *throws confetti* You deserve all of them and more!

1. Have you ever been stargazing?
    2. What is your take on love at first sight?
    3. Do you like to sing?
    4. Why do you write? Why should anyone write?
    5. How did you stumble upon Wtw? :)
    6. How do you like your eggs?
    7. Any bucket list items?
    8. Any idiosyncrasies/quirks?
    9. Funniest/strangest thing that has happened to you in quarantine?
    10. How are you today? <3

sorry if those are weird, lol, I tried not to repeat :) Have a good day/night/afternoon!

• Sol noctis

Lemme ask you something nowww...
    Your fav candy chocolate?
    Your fav video game??

• Sol noctis

C O N G R A T U L A T I O N S ! ! !

• fatpanda

damn congrats on 72?? i love your work, will try to think of some decent questions now

there's a damn good reason you shot to fame in such a short span of time - your work is impeccable, and i look forward to reading your writing for as long as you continue posting it.
    i know i've been using this same questions for almost every q&a, but please don't be discouraged - i love to hear how differently users answer each question! (once this q&a craze has calmed down a bit, perhaps i'll think of some new ones.)
    tell me your opinion, why do we write postcards?
    would you rather wake up in a world where you know nothing but can live happily, or be stranded in the wilderness with little chance of successfully returning to civilisation?
    favourite strange or obscure word? include a meaning if it's crazy out there.
    describe the view from your bedroom window.
    what do you want people to say about you most?
    there is a holy sword hanging on your wall that you found on the street last week. describe it.
    there is something following you on your way home from the bus stop. five steps from your front door, you turn around and face it. what does it look like?
    if you were able to remember everything in a book if you ate its pages, would you do it? if so, which book would you consume?
    you are dreaming and there is a door in front of you. what do you want to find behind it? what do you expect to find? what do you fear is behind it?
    you are a world-renowned author. what is your pseudonym?
    what does your dream home look like? (e.g. location, interior, who you are living with, etc.)
    if one of your stories were to become a screenplay, which would you choose? who would you have direct your film?
    every so often, you hear whispers only you can hear. do you listen to them? what do they say? would you be surprised if you found someone else who could hear the whispers and discovered where they came from?
    a quote is attributed to you for the ages. what is it?
    every month, you go to the market and buy a witch's wares. what do you buy, and how much do they cost? why are you buying them, and does your family approve?
    by order of the king from a far away land, you are being put to death. why?
    you are descended from a god. how does your lineage present itself?
    under what circumstances would you become a villain? revenge? protecting those you love? anger at a failing system?
    in order to gain supernatural powers, you must first kill another person whose powers you want to inherit. do you want these powers? would you kill for them?
    there is a rapping at the door, but when you look through the window, no one is there. do you open the door?
    and finally: how are you?

(feel free not to answer these if they've been asked before or are too invasive. congrats again!)

Questions!!! Feel free to not answer any of these.
    1. What's a funny/embarrassing story about you?
    2. What's your favorite animal?
    3. What's your favorite color (and why)?
    4. If you could live anywhere in the world (disregarding finances and any other practicalities), where would you choose?
    5. What's the weirdest dream you've had?
    6. Describe the sky where you are at right now.
    7. If you've taken any psychology personality assessments, what were your results? Examples are the Meyers Briggs (INTJ, EXTP, etc), Holland Code (RIASEC), temperament type, (melancholic, choleric, etc), true colors, and love language (physical touch, quality time, etc).
    8. What's your birth order (oldest, youngest, only)?
    9. Do you have a theatre or movie dream role?

Congratulations!! I'm so flattered to be on this list and I'm glad we're buds. ^u^

• kealoha

Congrats! You deserve it, I can't wait to read more of your writing :)

• Jasmine khawar

Congratulations :)

• ~wildflower~

Replying: aww thanks!! I’m sure we’ll cross paths many more times! <3333

awww congrats girlie! (feel like you reached 50 faster than the gremlin did hehe)
    You have the right not to answer any of these-
    favourite trope?
    favourite wtwers?
    Least favorite trope?
    Physical appearance? ( You don't have to answer this if you don't want to)
    Thing you love most about WtW?
    Thing you love about yourself?
    One thing you would change about how people perceive you?
    any favorite comedians?
    a song that never gets old?
    your writing process?
    what's your sense of humour like?
    what's the best thing about your culture?
    something about your culture/heritage you disagree with?
    an author you're inspired by?

• poetri

oh my goodness, biggest congratulations, darling! i'm honored you like my work (i adore yours) and we definitely should get to know each other. you're truly a talent.
    now for the questions:
    last movie that made you laugh?
    last movie that made you cry?
    last show you finished and thoughts on it?
    any siblings? if so, birth order and thoughts on that?
    most overrated fashion trend?
    most underrated fashion trend?
    hobbies other than writing?
    describe your personality.
    future plans?

again, congrats. you deserve every follower and then some--can't wait to watch you meet so many more milestones. all the best <3

• inanutshell

omg feels like you've been here longer than 2 weeks! congrats on 50, here's to many more! love your writing & thank you right back :) questions (feel free to not answer any of these if you don't want to!):
    - fav books?
    - fav songs?
    - also, fav music artists?
    - what are some foods that hold significant meaning to you?
    - what does writing mean to you?
    - if you could change anything in the world, what would it be?
    - any shows/movies you want to recommend?
    - 3 words you would use to describe yourself?

• ~wildflower~

Congratulations!! You got those followers sooo fast, and, well, I understand why. I only just discovered you, but I can already say that I love your writing!! You are an incredible writer and I think “angle wings, and other fragile parts of humanity” is one of the best pieces I have read on wtw. You totally deserve each and every one of those followers. I can’t wait to read more of your work!

• jun lei

congratulations! you and your gorgeous writing deserve it. i'll try and think of some decent questions!

congrats bubsie!! happy to be on the list hehe <3 u don’t have to answer any of these!
    1) what’s a writing style you particularly like?
    2) admired wtw writers?
    3) what’s your favorite topic/subject to read about on here?
    4) going off of the previous questions, what’s your favorite to write about?
    5) if you could blend some people’s writing style (on wtw or just in general) to make your personally favored style, who’d you blend?
    5) what cliche character trope are you? aka, if we were all book characters on a YA journey, who’d you be?
    6) do you feel your irl personality translates well to here?
    7) favorite wtw pieces?
    8) how tall are you?
    9) your happiest moment you’ve had at school?
    10) how’re you so awesome?
    11) where would you vacation to, ignoring all other costs, and why?

congrats on fifty!!!
    any fav book series??
    do you like writing fiction/fantasy or poetry?
    what started you as a writer?
    where does your inspo come from? does it hit you randomly?
    do you like to draw? read? any hobbies?
    what makes a good villain in your mind?
    fav season?
    best memory?

Congrats! 50 is definitely an accomplishment! You deserve it.I have only recently discovered you but I can't wait to read more of your pieces and get to know you more! (I'm a bit shy in the beginning,because I don't want to be too overwhelming, so sorry:( <3
    Oh and all these writers you mentioned are amazing, good choice;)

• lindsmariebuck

What is your favorite thing to write with??

how fast did this happen?????? it's been less than a month! whoaaaa. here's to fifty more! <3
    you have the right to not answer any of these :)
    1) which piece of yours are you most proudest of?
    2) how would you describe your writing style?
    3) where do you draw inspiration from?
    4) are there any piece ideas you have but haven't gotten to write yet?
    5) are you apart of any niche communities?
    6) what is one thing you'd do if there were no consequences?
    7) what got you into writing?
    8) what's your greatest regret?
    again, congratulations! <3333

Congratulations!!!!! You are an amazing writer and poet, and you deserve every follower and more! :)
    1. Favorite weather?
    2. Sunrise or sunset?
    3. Backpacks or purses?
    4. What piece that you wrote are you most happy with?
    5. What makes you happy/upset?
    6. What genre do you like to read and use when writing?
    7. If you could be a character in a book, which book would you choose?

• spectral

happy 50. your pieces are gorgeous and a joy to read! i can't wait to read whatever you create next