BurningMidnightOil

currently burning the midnight oil.
angsty, tumultuous soul
fly free, icarus
live perdurably, achilles

poetry: it's what i drink, it's what i read at 3am, it's what i'm crying over

two things, my dear lovelies.

one: i’d very much appreciate it if you left some form of helpful feedback in the comments or in a review. thank you:)

two: please wear a mask and social distance. i know you want your rights, but it’s between life, death and the fact that other people want to live. so please be considerate and do it for others if not for yourself.

to rupture a grilled peach with a butcher’s knife

6
the outline is of a / butchers knife / and / it’s lying on the / grassless / patch like a / carcass. / rust is setting into the joints / like spearmint gum in the / sole / of my shoe. / last summer seems so / far away, / grilled peaches. /  it isn’t a butcher’s knife, / far from it, / it’s a pile of trampoline bones. / the grass has / never / grown well there; / it’s always been / scraped ankles and missing birdies. / it’s made a home of itself— / ageless yet ageing.
​(21June2020 8:21PM)

this piece is so incredibly awkward and ungainly, but the thing in the yard is exactly that, so it’s going to stay this way. love it, hate it, oh well.

“ the grass has / never / grown well there; / it’s always been / scraped ankles and missing birdies. /” Ah, what a lovely way to describe just a patch of the backyard! i’m curious as to what/if the butcher knife symbolizes something, hmmmm. the imagery of it as a “carcass” and “ageless let aging” makes me think it’s something a bit deeper than its surface level. all in all, though, this was lovely! you say that this is awkward and ungainly, but I feel like that exact tone is what makes this piece charming! so lovely, excited to see more of your works! <3

• Sol noctis

'Ageless but ageing' OoO nice nice...