Anne Blackwood

16
Theatre kid
Singer (soprano)
Poet
Twin (fraternal)
Spoonie
Disfusive
A bit empathic
Living oxymoron
Kindness Krusader: Blueberry cotton candy
XXFJ, Melancholic-Sanguine, ambivert

Joined 1/16/20

This is pretty rough. If there's anything that's confusing, feel free to ask questions and/or point out places I need to clarify.

Confused Daughter of the In Between #childofyournation

11

i think i just realized i'm mixed race / not like most people think / but the middle east isn't really white / is it

my dad boasts his 100% irish heritage / but i've never been there / and i never liked corned beef / ireland is that pretty place / the bragging rights / nothing else / i look like them / but only if you set aside / your redheaded stereotypes

my mom is from israel / no she's not a jew / an arab / she's not muslim either / palestinian hospitality / got a bit lost in translation / what is it like to be welcome anytime / the only thing i understand / is food i never wanted to cook / i'll eat my pita bread in shame

• June 28, 2020 - 10:36am (Now Viewing)

Replying: I'm trying out different styles so I don't get stuck writing in one specific style.i want to write in many styles.so I 100% agree

Replying: lol I know right
    Oh thanks for that,i was actually getting annoyed with it haha.Oh thanks for the advice that was definitely not intentional! I wasn't paying attention. If i publish an edited version I'll fix that;) ya I'm trying to experiment formats and styles to see which one I enjoy the most! Or maybe my account will turn out to be a jumble of different styles, lol who knows?

• Madeline Harper

This is such an emotional piece, I love the ending ‘i'll eat my pita bread in shame‘, it’s so sad that ‘shame’ is the final word of the piece and that’s what people would remember if you read it aloud.

I love how this shows so much about you! It's a great piece about heritage and tells us more about you! Very fun to read.

*gasps* ok I was going to copy and paste my favourite lines but every single line is my favourite!
    Oh my gosh I love this so much you don't even understand! Like I have so much too say but it wouldn't do it justice.And like there are things that I relate to so much that I think is why its so special to me. Do not say I'm exaggerating because I love this and I will not change my mind. Hmph!

• mia_:)

I love how short and sweet it is! I love the last line; it made me gasp out loud! <3

“ but i've never been there / and i never liked corned beef / ireland is that pretty place / the bragging rights / nothing else” aaack girl this hit me in the feels. the absolute uncertainty of the tone really resonated with me, and you wrote it so well.
    “ palestinian hospitality / got a bit lost in translation / what is it like to be welcome anytime” :(( this made me sad! i’ve never been to Israel, and I’m sad to say that I don’t know much about it. this stanza made me feel just as longing as you, though. and the pita bread in shame...I feel you girl. you’re not alone.
    aaack you definitely crushed this piece!! please don’t feel unsure: thank you so much for showing me how you view your worlds! heritage is definitely a personal experience, and this was intriguing and lovely to empathize with. i’m honored to have something so raw and heartfelt in my challenge! thank you thank you thank you for this!!!

i love how short yet poignant this is. the way you explore both your parents' heritages in such a succinct and eloquent way. the ending line too: "i'll eat my pita bread in shame" love love love it. <3

• batman_is_a_cracker

Replying: To answer your question, I asked myself questions because I just liked the questions that I'd already asked other people for their Q&A's and I wanted to answer them myself. Also because the last Q&A I did sorta flopped and I didn't want that to happen again.